Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gah, my turn huh.

Usagi: We're pretty alike (only I'm intelligent... or so I've heard) so she's the easiest for me to write about. That's why my big story is featuring her and Rei at the moment.

Inners: Ah, I love 'em! To tell the truth, I am a mix between Ami and Usagi, so their my favorites. My next story is Ami-centric, actually. I hate them being the "betrayers" because that is soooo out of character. It makes me all 'grr'.

Outers: Ah, they are kew kew. I love 'em to death, but it annoys me that they are always the ones Usagi goes to after being betrayed and beaten up and such. What bull. They're wonderful, though, my favorite being Haruka.

Everyone Else: I think Mamoru and Chibi-Usa are ok, but I probably wouldn't write a story about either of them. They don't inspire me enough. I like those few extra Senshi that are only in the Manga, and I used to know a site dedicated to them. If I find it, I'll post it.

-loon

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is the deal with the outer scouts? There are not a lot of sm/lotr fics with them in it. Mostly Saturn fics. Personally, I really like them. Probably, my fav is Pluto, powerful, elusive, speaking in riddles and holding the secrets of time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

People don't want to break up Uranus and Neptune. Pluto the ever reclusive woman that she is would be a perfect canidate for the woman of an elven lord.

But people don't know much about her because of her having to stand at her post at the Time Gates. :: Damn Anime :: Hotaru being the last outer scout with no real reason not to draw her into Arda is choosen because of that fact.

Or I'm totally wrong on that and people just don't like Pluto and the rest.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eh, I often see people focusing fics on simply their favorite senshi. Who is often Hotaru. Because she is so young and vulnerable and yet so powerful and dangerous, feared and lonely... yeah, she has a great depth to her that attracts alot of people to her character.

Like SilverRose82 said, Setsuna doesn't get as much of a depth of character because of her post at the gates. I see her as being lonely, yet held by duty... but we usually only see the duty-bound side of Puu. Personally, I think her perfect for a certain very lonely elf lord, almost as old as time himself, who has been wandering the shores of Arda for an eternity... ::sigh:: Kinda like how I thought it would be really kewl if someone did a Sets/Piccolo fic, hehe! ^_^'

yah, that's basically my view at least.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would like to hear ppl's views about Serena / Darien vs Serena / Seiya fics. Do you believe in love across millenias and undying love as seen between Serena/Darien? or do you believe in the fact that Seiya are a much better couple because Seiya doesn't necessary 'hover' Serena like some procelain doll?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I mostly see Serena and Darien as a political marriage more so than one of true love. Because no one of the moon was allowed to go to Earth at the time or something like that. Yeah, yeah so maybe they did "fall in love" ::Gag:: I see Darien as an idiot, plan and simple. As I have yet to figure out how blonde hair and blue eyes and black hair and blue eyes make pink hair and red eyes.

I like Serena and Seiya, I think personally he/she would be the better match for Serena. He cares about her well being, doesn't poke fun at her like Darien did. He's her age, I think that he can understand Serena better than Darien did.

As most of Serena and Darien's dates consisted of him reading a book and Serena just sitting there doing nothing. Darien's older, his priorities are different than Serena's.

Yet, I'd more over write a Yaten/Serena fic before writing a Seiya/Serena fic. And I couldn't tell you why.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

personally, i just don't like mamoru as a guy. i much prefer someone who's more comedic and fun-loving or at least broody and deep but Mamoru just seems like he doesn't know what to do with usagi. he doesn't flirt or anything. that's why i usually hook usagi up with another character.

BUT, i must admit that there is some serious love in there. they've died for each other. yeah, he got brainwashed but in the anime, beryl actually had to remove mamoru's memories of usagi. why? because they were so strong that she couldn't erase them. that's pretty romantic to me. in the manga? beryl said that mamoru was already dead so that she was pretty much controlling a corpse. either way, both times it was their love that broke those barriers and that's some pretty strong love. however much i don't think anyone should feel "attraction" to mamoru, you have to admit that they love each other.

the only reason im opposed to usagi/seiya fics is that it doesn't make sense. usagi is heterosexual. fighter is female and seiya's male but he's just an earth disguise. it's not gonna happen. for the sake of argument, let's say seiya is male. seiya is dedicated to his princess, even more so than he is to usagi. he can't just leave kinmoku to be with usagi. just like none of the senshi would leave usagi for a man. (or woman in haruka or michiru's case. thank goodness they're both senshi so they can be together). in the manga, rei and minako say that they don't need men because they already have somebody and that somebody is usagi. the senshi are totally dedicated to their princess, whether it be usagi or kakyuu. i also think that seiya is more attracted to kakyuu-hime. he does seem to have more of a relationship with her than yaten and taiki. also, he says that kakyuu-hime lost her love to galaxia. and it might just be me, but it sounds like he had an unrequitted (sp?) love for kakyuu. AND all three starlights wonder if usagi is their princess. coincidence? hmm...

HOWEVER, if seiya was really a man and if he were not a senshi for kakyuu-hime and if i didn't believe that he was really attracted to usagi because she reminded him to kakyuu, then i would say that he was a better match for usagi simply because he is more fun and open and flirtatious (like her) but hey, it's usagi's pick and as much as i wish i could be her, im not.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Semi-note to angelwings, Naoko was actually planning on deepening Rei and Minako's relationship to a level borderline that of Haruka and Michiru's, but she ended up not doing that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh, i always thought that when they said they already had someone else and they didn't need anyone else, they were talking about usagi, not each other?

anyways, i have a question. how come in a lot of fanfic stories, queen selenity always comes back from the dead to talk to usagi or is some spirit inside the moon? didn't she like, die as in DIE? i thought that when usagi talked to her, she was talking to a computer simulation left by the queen?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She was, Queen Selenity was just a computer simulation. However, people use the Queen as a way to explain how and why Serena should go anywhere. But I don't remember if it was that way in the anime or the manga. I may be getting the two of them confused. Yes, in the manga she was animated by the Moon's Central computer system.

Ooh, Darien didn't die in the manga, he was brainwashed. I know he went blind towards the end of the thing with Metallica. And Serena had those dreams where his face was decaying of skin. It was like in the anime, sort of. Unless I just can't find that part. Which is probably the case.