Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On Serena's last name they never said what it was changed to. Only Amy's last name was ever said I believe, with the scouts.

Serena's voice on the third season dub, for at least the first half because I think they had a voice actor changed somewhere through, the voice became less whinny as the episodes went on. I really did not like it, it was much to whinny, my dad who is to blame for my love of Sailor Moon, by the way, says there was nothing wrong with the voice. However, he said that about my computer monitor too and that had to go bye bye. Everything going cyan is not the nicest/prettiest thing in the world.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i've noticed that if you watch the dub, you don't really think there's anything wrong with the voice. then if you watch the japanese version with subtitles, you realize that the japanese voice actor is (usually) more fitting for the character. if you watch the dub anytime after you've heard the real thing, you cannot believe how retarded it sounds. i think that's what happened to me because i never used to think there was anything wrong with the dub, but trust me. once you've heard the japanese voice actor and then you hear the sub, it makes you want to have seizures.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen one episode in Japanese and that was 200. I really like the voice of Usagi in that one. It was really gentle and wasn't too shrill. I guess if that is any indication with the rest of them...

Speaking about the dubbed voices, I think that the people who did the Outers for the S Movie were different from the ones who did them during the regular movies. I'm not sure though. However, I think one of the worst voices cast is probably Rini. I am completely turned off by the voice and never related to Rini because of that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well we've talked about voices for a bit, I also wanted to point out that SM has some really great music whether it is the dubbed version or the anime version. Of course, in Japan, they have released CDs and special holiday music featuring the SM cast. Still, even the dubbed version has some great songs too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh my gosh, japanese music is the best though. i LOVE j-pop. it is so much better than american music. i really really really love it. everytime i watch an anime, i like memorize the words. it's really sad because i think i know more japanese than korean, and im korean!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh definitely, the anime version has a lot more variety than the dubbed versions. Yes, a lot of times, I found myself listening to japanese music than anything else, even though I can't even speak Japanese (I'm not even Japanese for that matter)... There is a lot more effort putting into getting the music and anime together. Of course, that's not saying the dubbed versions are terrible or anything, they do have very good sound-alikes so that the singers sound like the people who are doing voices.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ugh, i HATE it when authors turn usagi into an intellectual genius who suddenly studies all the time, but do you know what i hate more? when they try to make her smart and end up making her look stupid.

ex.: SO many times, have i seen Usagi "correct" someone's grammar by saying "so-and-so and I" instead of "me and so-and-so". why does this anger me? Because half the time, it SHOULD be "me and so-and-so". that's right ladies and gentlemen, sometimes grammar demands that you say "me and so-and-so" instead of "so-and-so and I". ARGH!!!

this other author once had Usagi as a tactical genius. she decided to have makoto shock an enemy who also had electrical powers to cancel each other out. now, i have no problem with that except the reason given. the author's reasoning (that usagi explained to her fellow senshi instead of having ami do it like it should have been) was that "Two positives make a negative does it not?" my reply to that? No, two positives DO NOT make a negative. 2+2 is four NOT negative four. 2times2 is four NOT negative four. and anyway, electricity is negative. electrons=negative charges. GRRRR!!!!!!!! this is why authors do research!!! (in this case, what makes me angry is that it is COMMON knowledge!!!!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you on that. She can become better but she'll never become the best when it comes to knowledge and studies. That's not her.

I'm still against betrayals more so than I am against making Serena some smart I'm going to beat Amy at her own game person.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

im against most betrayals because the people who usually write them are imbeciles who think that one chapter is supposed to consist of one paragraph. however, im not very against well-written betrayals. like i said before, it's like reading a cheesey romance novel or watching a chick-flick. you know what's going to happen, and you know it's been overdone, but you watch it anyway for cheap entertainment.

also, i don't really mind the betrayal if there's a SLIGHTLY reasonable explanation. (like they all really died and galaxia is using their starseeds to control them, like in the manga).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that it is very hard to come up with new original plots. How else are authors going to break up the group ... um... betrayals, Darien cheating on Serena with Raye, runaways ... What annoys is that if the inners can betray Serena, then why not the outers as well??? I mean why does Serena always have to the outers for support? If the inners can betray Serena then, the Outers have the potential as well.

Of course, if the story has a well written plot and some logical explanation then, the story works. Like many of you had said before, the whole concept of Serena all of sudden becomes intelligent is illogical if Serena, herself does not work for it. Intelligence does not come overnight even with extreme poetic licence. Good stories take explanations and developments and authors can't just assume the readers know what is going on.