Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To angelwings: See, but in that case (senshi possessed) I almost don't even consider it a betrayal, because it's not a willful betrayal. Know what I mean?

Lightbulb just lit up above my head. What if it wasn't the senshi at all, but Usagi her self that was possesed/turned uber-evil and betrayed them, or forced them to retaliate against her? ^_^'

Oi. Might be interesting, but might also just fall into the trap that every other Betrayal fic fell into and become cliched once more. Though the idea is tempting... mwhahah.

<font color="#ffffcc" size="1">[ February 16, 2004 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Callisto Star ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, i guess it wouldn't be considered betrayal. i think people just use betrayal because it's more angsty (is that a word? i dun think it is). however, i think it's more heart-wrenching when everyone dies. wow, that sounded really morbid. anywhoo, i've read a few fics where usagi betrays everyone and it seems just as cliche as the senshi betraying usagi except whenever usagi betrays the senshi, she ends up killing everybody instead of the senshi winning over her. it's slightly annoying.

has anybody else ever noticed that a lot of betrayal fics start with rei either telling usagi that she's stupid, or the senshi bashing her at a senshi meeting?

i think most people have the inners betraying usagi because they're not as sophisticated (so to speak) as he outers. it's more realistic making the inners petty whores who are jealous of usagi because they're still teenagers. ugh, i hate those fics...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yup those at the kind of betrayals that I hate. The poorly written ones where Darien's cheating on Serena with Raye or Raye is the one to start every bitch fight with Serena saying that we no longer want you on the team and you should hand over the crystal because Mina would be so much better for the part or princess and I never stopped seeing Darien because he never really loved you and was only using you for the position of King. So Serena decides I'm going to run away or take their powers, but first I have to go cry to Pluto who knew about it in the first place and will send me away with the outers to have a better life, and find a new love with someone else OH but don't forget, the inners have to come back to kill Serena because she ran off before they could finish her off, and don't forget all the typos that right there is the formula to making a betrayal story. With that many sentences too.

I've yet to read a well written one, aside from the parodies. I review those stories, indepth, stating what they could change, fix typos and grammar errors and better to make their story stand out, my longest was probably a page and a half. Needless to say, I'm not well like by some of those authors. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] Nor do I really care if they don't even try to improve.

But I don't see the scouts being possessed by Chaos as a betrayal, the scouts had no knowledge of what they were doing, and they would never do it had they not been placed under control.

It's just that a lot, not all, but a lot of newbie writers are starting out with betrayal stories, it's kind of saddening that they're not trying to make a place for themselves within the FF.Net community. But then again I don't tend to read stories that are just out, I leave it for a few days, read, maybe review, or don't bother with it until it has more chapters to show that the author is dedicated to their work.

Mostly rant, a little bit on topic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I rarely check SM fics anymore and even with Cross, if they hint of a betrayal then I don't even read them. What's the point when they are simply rehashing of the next betrayal fic ...

It also bugs me that they make Serena runaway and bump into the Lights and the three of them somehow transform Serena into this perfect dream girl who can sing and dance and absolutely amazing ... since when can Serena sing?

Now I'm not going to start another Serena/Seiya pairing rant, but you just don't all of a sudden become this all-rounded, talented person without some sort of an explanation ...

Runaway fics don't really work sometimes because authors don't really talk about the Tsukino family. Serena just all of a sudden have money saved up out of nowhere and without a job to buy herself a plane ticket (yes a plane ticket) and fly off to the middle of a big city and find a job. Some of the fics even have Serena taking in a child / becomes pregnant (ie with Rini) ...

<font color="#ffffcc" size="1">[ February 17, 2004 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Eyes_of_Pearl ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

angelwings: I was thinking more along the lines of...

Usa is possessed/consumed/has a breakdown/whatever and goes crazy on the ones she loves. She's outnumbered and does NOT kill everyone (besides the fact that there's a good chance some of her powers would fail if she turned from the Light).

The senshi are sorrowed but are forced to defend themselves and send her away because she becomes a threat to their universe. In some other world, Usa is running around trying to wreck havoc for awhile, though slowly she simmers down/is tamed by someone/whatever.

Or something along those lines. Evil!Usa has been done before... eh, whatever. Just random thoughts running through my head. ^_^"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'm inspired to write a fic along those lines, calli-chan! i think most people write betrayal fics because it's hard to get usagi on her own in another dimension without her spending all her time pining for her friends. that would be a great story-line for getting her to a dimension. not to mention that it would be hilarious seeing usagi trying to be evil. muahahaha. plus, i'd love to see her fall in love for trying to quell her evilness instead of helping her get over the death/betrayal of her friends. too bad i promised i wouldn't start anymore fics...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mwhahaha!!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, the closest I think I've seen is a good old DBZ/SM fic where Cosmos comes as the Shi no Tenshi, ordered to destroy all worlds with evil. And Gohan tames her. And she sees the good in the world and cannot destroy it. (unfortunately because she can't destroy it she's forced to destroy herself.... but let's not go there ^_^")

If done the right way, it could turn into a good LotR/SM fic. But personally, I'd want Puu watching over her and the other senshi begging to travel to this foreign dimension to try to help her, though they know she tried to kill them.

... that's loyalty for ya, folks. ^_^"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i read that one! i thought it was pretty good, but the author hasn't updated in a long while.

i absolutely HATE crossover fanfics in the silver millenium where everyone is eachother's brother/sister/twin/lover/general/betrothed/whatever!!! does anyone else agree with me?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The DBZ/SM fic that was mentioned sound really familiar. Does Usa become a Super Saiyin? Do you guys know the name of the fic? Is it finished? not sure ...

and yes, angelwings6117, I do hate fics that have everybody somehow being related. Some of them can be easily written off to be believable ie: Serena & Mina being cousins ... in GW, Quatre and Serena can be siblings because of their blond hairs and their philanthropic natures ... sorry divert a little bit, but if 10+ people somehow becomes related seems too farfetched

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ack! i know! like all five g-boys are princes of planets and twin brothers to all the inner senshi + serenity and they are all each other's lovers which is really gross because then there's all that intermarriage!