Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

heh. So someone else *was* watching the GGs. ^_^' Still can't breathe, nor focus on this paper im supposed to be writing. Was suprised no one made a post for it, so i did. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Oh, I'm so proud!!! :: dances around insanely ::

And Dom looked so sexy. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the golden globes were today? [looks around stupidly] where the hell have i been?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My bad ... lotr won 4 globes. but i made another post at the other section.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how come whenever the ALL the sailor senshi go to the LotR world (or any other place for that matter), ALL of them (at least all the inners) have to get a pairing/find their soulmate (who usually happens to be from the silver millenium).

I hate this because...
    1. It is confusing. I never know who has been paired with who. ALSO, they never seem to have developed relationships. it's pretty much love-at-first-sight/throw himself or herself at the person.
    2. Why do they have to be past loves from the Silver Millenium? Can't they just meet for the first time and fall in love?
    3. What is up with splitting michi/haruka just so that you can have two more people to pair when you already have SEVEN OTHER PEOPLE?!?!?
    4. why make a big deal about that person being a "soulmate"? can't they just love each other and get married? why does it always have to be some conspiracy by Usagi's dead mother (who shouldn't really be able to interfere since she's dead and all anyway) to play cosmic match-maker? gr....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that it's because it is one of the easiest ways to break up the whole s/d 'true love'. The anime make it out to be the only constant thing, love that's unconditional and unbreakable. The only way that fics can break that up is to have another 'soulmate'. You are right, it is not realistic especially in real life. If you think about it though, I think the idea of 'true love' is almost a theme in SM, so fics just keep evolving around it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hate the hop skip and jump stories where they're already in love by the first chapter. They're way out of wack, unrealistic.

Even though I've had thrown in my face by people who trying to bite me for telling a betrayal writer to find a new plot and stop following the current, that "They just don't get that the whole point of FF.Net is to release your imagination, and any ideas that you have within it. Even if it does mean betrayel, or stuff that's already been used. " direct quote.

All I was upset about was the fact she was plagerizing, saying so and not give credit where credit was due saying she had changed a few words to make it hers. If that was true I would have aced my Government Research paper.

But back from my little tangent. They want to make their favorite characters fall in love with the most random people so suddenly so that they can write their mushy little love scenes have Darien come back to get his 'heart broken' because Serena suddenly become the woman he always wanted her to become and he can't get her back.

They want unrealistic romance, and they don't care how they get it. Because half of the reading population had gone down to people who love a certain character pairing and writing that character pairing will get them hung amounts of reviews.

Such as Legolas and Serena,(Not towards a single one of you on this board) but the bad pairings of Legolas and Serena. They get a lot of review. I wrote BoS and I only have 122 review, because it's not a Legolas Serena story, it's not even a romance, so my review count is low.

I'm writing a possible Heero/Serena fic and my review count is up at 58 with only 4 chapters while my possible Duo/Serena fic has 5 chapters and only 34 reviews, and it came out before hand. Why because Heero/Serena fics are the all time rage, everyone loves Serena making the Perfect Soldier Boy into a love sick puppy that will do everything in his power to please her. If that's not the ultimate crazy couple I don't know what is.

Now, I'm going to go take out my annoyances and write some stories. Possibly get to work on that Selenity/Elrond story, mostly on my Strong Medicine story, but whatever. Hell I wrote a lot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dunno, Silver Rose, I still believe that the quality of a fic counts for something. (Or I can hope, ne? ^_^") Yes, there's the fluffy fangirls that run around and only read fics bout their favorite character(s)... but there *are* still those who read with an open mind, read for quality, not quanitiy of times Legolas appears. ^_^"

Unfortunately, alot of LotR/SM fans seem to be part time readers. Once they get hooked on a story, they'll stay with it if it's good. But it's hard and rare to be able to attract a large group of these many part-time readers... and thus few LotR/SM fics receive big hits, though if you look through the reviewers, you'll see a vast variety.

.... or that's my theory. ^_^"

And about the senshi pairings, I admit that I'm one of those people that feels the need to find someone for everyone. For me, it's not an issue of favoring a certain senshi... it's the fact that I want everyone to be happy. I wouldn't feel right ending a story if a senshi who played a role in the story was not happy... and probably paired off.

Unrealistic, yes, but maybe that's why I always seem to do it when I include all the senshi. How I wish I could find the perfect guy for all of *my* RL friends! (I'm a hopeless romantic lol ^_^")

Heh... I have a tendency to do this once for every genre. Have done it in "Densetsu" (DBZ/SM). In process of doing it in "Gathering Starlight" (though will less used guys... i.e. Glorfy! [img]wink.gif[/img] ). Will probably do it for "Spellbound" (HP/SM).

^_^"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just to emphasis, I think that the idea of 'true love' is essential to SM because Serena 's powers stemmed from her belief in love. That's why most stories talk about her finding true love.

With that said, it is important to keep in mind that love needs to be developed. Even Serena and Darien went through their ups and downs before coming together (whether it's in manga or anime). Well written stories should look into the development of love and not just having characters fall in love and everything will turn out right.

People have a certain image of the 'ideal' couple and so they expect everything to fit into that mould. I think that it takes time for people to adjust to different couplings and see commonalities in them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i get all that, and i love reading stories about usagi's "one true love" too. (like calli said, it's more about quality. personally, i don't mind TOO MUCH about a slightly overused plot as long as the story's written well). HOWEVER, i just don't understand why people feel the need to twist everything into the silver millenium. like, why do all males have to be former lovers from the silvery millenium (and sometimes princes/generals, brothers, male sailor scouts, etc.) to be the love of someone's life? like, can't people just fall in love anymore? why does gohan have to be usagi's half-brother from the silver millenium and prince of earth (which doesn't even make sense because then usagi and mamoru would be half-siblings) to be rei's soul-mate? (on top of that, most people have queen selenity or mamoru erasing everyone's "real" memories. queen selenity just thought it would make everyone happier? sorry but she's a pretty smart lady).

i think that's why i like greg/ken/yuuichirou/whats-his-name-the-volleyball-player for ami, makoto, rei, and minako. bc a lot of people have usagi and mamoru breaking up because their love was in the past and not in the present, but in the next chapter they have them with their "real" love from the silver-millenium. that logic just boggles my mind.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh I agree with the fact that anime couplings should be developed ie greg/ken etc. Likewise, with lotr, I think that there should be development on Faramir/Eowyn relationship because rotk didn't go in depth in them actually falling in love. Not to get into an argument about Eowyn vs Arwen paired with Aragorn ... I think that traditional pairings should be examined focussing on the fact that they fall in love but why and how falling in love makes the couples individually feel...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast