Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that the question still remains is how did all the other planets come about? Perhaps, they are the decedents from Lunarians .... something to think about [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yah, Eyes_of_Pearl, I have a few ideas for that. Only little ideas here and there... basically my view of pre-Silver Millenium times includes all the planets being habitable, just not united in any way. (i.e. peasants with very different cultures on each planet). When the Moon Kingdom was founded, Selene or Selenity or whoever forged a unity and a pact between all the planets. There were probably little leaders or chiefs or whatever on the planets before, and Selene taught them and united them and created planetary leaders.

In my potential fic, I take it a step further. Each of the people on the ship assumes some position on each planet (have them written down, can't remember them all). But I do remember that I had Galadriel persuade Elrond to assume the kingship of Mercury ;D

To angelwings: yah, the Third Age and each age was over a thousand years. Basically, the Age changes when some big momentous event happens that changes things in Arda. For example, the second age ended when Isildur etc destroyed Sauron. I believe the First Age ended when Morgoth, originally Sauron's boss, was locked away in the Void. (or was it when Numenor sunk? Need to look it up gah). The Third Age lasted over 3000 years and ended after the Ring was destroyed and after the last remaining rings--the Three-- had passed from Middle Earth over the Sea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Elvish names:

I'm leaning towards saying that Tolkien just couldn't make up his mind. Cause now there's two Glorfindels, two Haldirs, two Rumils, and that doesn't even count all the men that took elvish names. Gets so darn confusing.

Though the Glorfindels are of course the same. [img]wink.gif[/img] Because I say so.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yes, but can you imagine two glorfindels? mm..mmm..good!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gah, I don't remember where I read this it was some Essay about Tolkien and his works and why some of the elves of LotR have the same names as other elves of The Silmarillion. Something about him liking the names and the characters and using them when he decided to write The Lord of the Rings. Such as with Tom.

Calli you forgot, there are two Legolas's also.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

:: smacks head :: I knew there was another obvious one I forgot. Thanks, lol!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not really a rant, per say, but I had to stick this in:

Where have all the good fics gone
    Long time passing?
    Where have all the good fics gone
    Long time ago?

Seriously though, the place seems overwhelmed by YGO and HP crosses (maybe that's just cause of the movie release, but i doubt it).

I'm done school, so I'm getting back to writing. Now. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Umm... They went to college. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Well that's where I'm going to be this fall. [img]mad.gif[/img]

I kinda ran away from the SM X-over section when everything was over run with HP. I've never read the books, I'm never going to see the movies and I think they need their own section.

But FF.Net doesn't listen to me. I already expressed my dislike for their Anne Frank section when someone crosses that with DBZ you know the place has gone to the deepest reaches of hell.

I'm working on LG's interlude, I just don't want to type the thing up. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] That and I'm working on some FFVIII stories, have to work on my GWxSM stories also.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol! Yeah, I only have 1 year left, then I'm hoping I might have more time in college... but I'm not counting on it lol. Don't think fanfiction will truly be able to earn us a living in life. Poo.

I just put out a new chap for my HP one, simply cause i hadnt touched it for months. But I'm about ready to devote myself to LotR/SM again... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh, i'm gonna be a senior next year too! (and the year after that if they can't get french 4 to fit into my schedule. stupid guidance people. stupid 2 consecutive years of a foreign language to graduate requisite. stupid french....i'm bitter, can you tell?)

calli, i can't believe you're going to update that HP/SM fic once and then not update again for like another year. however, if you promise to update some of your LOTR fics, all will be forgiven. xP plz update!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast