Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, we've developed a great close-knit group of people here and I love it. You are all so amazing! *group glomp*

But in order to really "unite the genre" (lol) we're gonna have to pull more people in.

We have to be careful and choose wisely... otherwise this group will turn into another place oblivious to Tolkien and worshiping Mary Sued Usagi/cliched Legolas fics. (note: U/L is fine! But... you know the fics I mean....)

So if you're reading along and say, "Hey! This is a great LotR/SM fic! It has very little/no cliche, and it has a plot, and the author attempted to write well and originally and made an attempt to look beyond the movie at Tolkien stuff... well, ok you get the idea. Give them the invite! Pass them on the link to here, or do as I do and tell them to see my profile. ^_^"

Which reminds me. Just edited my Senshi of Starlight ad that appears on my profile. For the non-HTML-savy, here's the code I used:

< center>< b>~*Senshi of Starlight*~< /b>
    < i>designed to Unite, Improve, and Promote the dying genre of LotR crossovers< /i>

Messageboard: http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...b=forum&f=7740
    Yahoo!group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senshiofstarlight

< i>Come join us!< /i>< /center>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NOTE: I added spaces between the "< >"s in each code. Just take those spaces out and it'll work.

Yay Senshi of Starlight! Now, if only I would update some stuff myself... ^_^"

P.S. Do you have any idea how incredibly hard it is to manipulate this thing to show the HTML codes?!?! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<font color="#ffffcc" size="1">[ January 26, 2004 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Callisto Star ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did the code command not work?

We have a lot of people that joined the Y!Group, yet half of them have never showed up again. We need to drag them back kicking and screaming. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Or not.... I don't know who I'd sent an invite to.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yah, i purposely spaced out the codes so that you could actually see the html... it would look like this:
    <center>~*Senshi of Starlight*~
    designed to Unite, Improve, and Promote the dying genre of LotR crossovers

Messageboard: http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...b=forum&f=7740
    Yahoo!group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/senshiofstarlight

Come join us!</center>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And there are alot of people that joined that never came here... i kept trying to tell them to come, but ive basically given up now. The messageboard links are everywhere on the y!group, dunno why they didn't come. :: pout::

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Code box below the URL box thingy by the graemlins is what I meant.

I dunno, I know that one person left after a while, sad, I think it was the author of <u>The Will of the Ring</u>. If they come they come, if not they're missing out.

Edit, or not, the dumb thing edited it for me.

<font color="#ffffcc" size="1">[ January 27, 2004 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Silver Rose82 ]</font>