Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just in case the news hasn't reached anyone here yet, Book 6 comes out July 16, 2005, and will be smaller than OotP, and most likely bigger than GoF.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cant wait. I need to reread book five nad be prepared. It has been over a year since I have read some HP. Got through part of book 4 last.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Excellent. I figured it would be this summer when I heard that JK was proof reading 30 chapters. That and they are filming the fourth movie so book six had to come out in the near future to keep the movies on track....

Ok, so I am a bit of the cynic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YUP! Comes out in July

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will not be surprised if Snape turns out to be still on the side of good. However, I think the evidence is somewhat against him. This list is not exhaustive.

1. Consider Snape's actions after Harry gives him the cryptic message in Umbredge's office, regarding "he's got Snuffles in the place where it's hidden." Clearly, Snape can't react in front of Harry at that point. But how fast did he act to alert members of the Order after that? Dumbledore told Harry later that members of the Order have a way of communicating with each other, so Snape could have gotten ahold of someone instantly.

So Harry and Hermione walk all the way out to the Forbidden Forest with Umbredge, and have the encounter with the centaurs. How long did that take? Quite a while, it seemed to me, and it did to Harry, as well. Then, after Ron, Ginny, Luna and Neville arrive, they fly to London. It got dark while they were flying, so it took quite awhile to fly there. By now, if Snape had gotten right on alerting the Order, there'd be someone there to greet them. I know he went out to the Forbidden Forest, or so he claimed to Dumbledore, and after seeing that the kids had vanished, made another communication. If he's not doing anything besides dawdling, then the Order ought to have beaten Harry to the Ministry. I mean, for crying out loud, he told them right where he'd be going.

So I think Snape was playing a close game there, delaying just enough to give the Death Eaters the chance to get the Prophecy, before the Order could show up.

2. Snape didn't try very hard to teach Harry Occlumency. He has an easy cover with Dumbledore, because Dumbledore just chalks it up to Snape hated James, so he couldn't get past that to do what Dumbledore wished. But I'm sure Snape hated everyone, not just James. He seems the type. I think his resentment is more that Harry caused the demise of his master. Ron also commented that Snape might be opening Harry up more to Voldemort, and was dismissed by Hermione. We've seen a lot times where one of the trio will believe something, only to be dismissed. Then later, we find it's true. (Like Harry suspecting Draco this year.)

3. What good can Snape be to the Order now? He can't pass information, because apparently Dumbledore didn't let anyone else in on the alleged plan to let Snape kill him. A double agent who has no one to report to isn't much use. Keeping Dumbledore alive is far more important than having an agent maintain his cover in the field, when that agent is cut off from his "handler."

4. When Harry and Dumbledore first arrived in Hogsmeade, Dumbledore started asking Harry to get him to Snape. This was before they knew that the dark mark had appeared over the astronomy tower. I believe Dumbledore thought that Snape could determine what the potion was, and provide an antidote. After all, Snape was pretty darned good at potions. So when Snape appeared on the Astronomy tower, I don't think Dumbledore was pleading with him not to kill him, I think he completely expected Snape to save him. I think Dumbledore was totally shocked in the last moment of his life. I also think he was playing for time while he talked to Draco, and truly believed he could save Draco from committing a terrible crime. I'm sure he could hear the battle below, and hoped the cavalry would arrive in time to save him. He also managed to get the first wave of Death Eaters monologuing, which bought him more time. He was so weakened by the potion at that point that he was no mactch for any one of the Death Eaters, wandless as he was. No, I think when Snape came out of the door, his thought was that the cavalry had arrived. I also can't forget that Snape is described as having a look of hate and revulsion on his face. He wears the "hate face" later confronting Harry, as well.

5. Snape didn't have to take the Unbreakable Vow. In fact, in doing so, he kinda violated Voldemort's wishes. Voldemort wanted Draco to die in the attempt to kill Dumbledore, and even though Snape succeeded, he might be a bit peeved at Snape for getting in the way of his revenge on the Malfoys. Snape could have point blank refused, and referred Narcissa and Bellatrix to Voldemort himself if they didn't like it. Voldemort would have backed Snape on that account.

6. I tend to think that Snape spared Harry for exactly the reason that he stated: that Voldemort wants to do him in personally. He's wanted to do that since he first found out about Harry. And Snape can't expect word not to get back to Voldemort, because he ordered other Death Eaters not to harm Harry. I'm sure they'll recount everything to Voldemort. Can you imagine what happens to Snape in the following scenario?

Death Eater: I was about to finish the Potter brat, when Snape reminded me your orders were to leave him for you.

Voldemort: He said what?

DE: Leave the Potter brat for you.

Voldemort: He did, did he? OH SEVERUS! Can I have a word in private with you? Seems you've been taking liberties with using my name for orders again......

So, I don't think there's a lot of logical sense behind the Snape being a good guy thing. And besides, Jo did that once already before, using Snape as a red herring. Not so this time, IMO.

OK, those are my thoughts. Now I'll go check Mugglenet for really intelligent reasons to bolster my position.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Harry Potter 6, Half Blood Prince

You completely match our expectation and the variety of our information. Exipure

Junior Hostboard Member carlosbenni11's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Harry Potter 6, Half Blood Prince

Most of the time I try to write texts as I do this for a living, and helped me in this thesis services And the last difference between these styles - Vancouver does not put a point after the initials of the author. Also, connective conjunctions in the form of & and are not used. At the same time, this style of References is considered the most accurate and meticulous, and therefore it is actively used for the design of references in mathematical, physical, chemical and other materials.