Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lately, I've developed an interest in reading the novels/stories. Why, I don't know, but it hit me one day. The only ones I've EVER read in my life were the movie adaptations, and even then only 2 or 3 of those.

So I'd like to know which ones y'all've read and liked (or disliked) and recommendations.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've read the movie adaptations for episodes 4, 5 and 1. I read Episode 1 because it was written by Raymond Feist, an author I enjoy. The book from episode 4 was very true to the movie, because George Lucas had the writing credit. It also included the backstory for Biggs, one of the Rebels killed in the assault on the Death Star.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Star Wars novel timeline

I own pretty much all the adult Star Wars novels. Some are a great deal better then others. The books by Timothy Zahn are excellent. These are the Hand of Thrawn trilogy and duology. They are very well done. I also really liked the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy and the Jedi Academy trilogy.

The Courtship of Princess Leia is a fun read. It does a nice job of capturing Hand and Leia's relationship.

Most recently I read the Corellian trilogy. It was fun but really starts to focus on Han and Leia's kids. I tend to find the books that focus on the kids to be less enjoyable. They are good but the kids are too powerful. I get the feeling that more is done with the kids in the New Jedi Order and the Young Jedi Knight series. I have not read those, mainly because they seem to be more kids between the ages of 10-15. Hopefully they delve into what happens when you are an 8 year old with massive amounts of power.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

shz

Its as if you had a great grasp on the subject matter, but you forgot to include your readers. Perhaps you should think about this from more than one angle. Blooket