Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Ah Survivor is back. I love this show.

So lets see, men vs women, this is going to be fun.

Let me first say that I was embarrassed to see some of the women putting more effort into cleaning their underwear and buffs then building shelter or boiling water to drink. When one is concerned about dehydration the underwear can wait. Watching the women in the camp was a bit disturbing...

Then came the immunity challenge (grin) There is nothing like watching an overly cocky group get taken down a peg or two, I don't care what the gender is. The women come from behind and win imunity. After all the bragging from the men about how they are not going to lose, about how "chicks" and "girls" can't beat them, the guys lose. Life is good.

On a side note, how are people reacting to Christy? She struggled in the immunity challenege. Christy was in the group trying to solve the first puzzle but could not participate because she could not read the lips of her teammates.

It is going to be interesting to see how she and her tribe handles her being deaf.

The season is off to a killer start.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Discussion of Survivor goes here

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I am a bit disturbed by the addition of Christy. To take someone who lives in world that already consists of isolation and put her in a situation where that will be compounded tenfold I think is cruel.

My heart goes out to her when they are talking by the campfire, I can't think of anything more isolating. I also question the saftiness of it. If there is a danger present, she would not be able to hear warnings. I'm not sure when shooting stops on this round, but I gather that there have been no major incidents, but still...

That aside, the guys are cocky as all getout. It was nice to see them taken down a peg. Tribal council was too damn funny. They got their asses whupped, but still are fixated with getting a little booty. If Jeff was thier dad, he would have grounded them and taken away thier car keys. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Initially I was worried about Christy but then I remembered that she choose to be on the show. She made the tape, auditioned, and accepted the offer to be on the show. So I moved past disturbed about the selection to wondering how she would do. This could turn out to be a great oppertunity to demonstrate that being deaf does not mean that you cannot live a normal life. It also is likely to increase peoples awarness regarding the issues faced by someone who is deaf.

I do find her an itnerestig selection, but I can't see them placing her on the show if they thought that she did not have a chance to compete.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Uhm, Crash, what is normal about being deposited in the wilderness without the basic necessities to live and having to work together to fend for yourselfs while battleing another team for a million dollars? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Granted there have been times in history where this was the normal daily life (minus the million dollars), but I find the lack of TV and running water to be decidedly unnormal for your average daily american...

On a more serious note, yes, she did choose to be on the show, but that does not make them responsible for choosing her. Take into account the first show where again, we had several people commenting that they did not realize how tough the experience would be. Even tho every show has had several people saying the same damn thing. The producers of this show *know* how tough the experience is. I think that gives them the responsibility for screening people in a more responsible mannor. Yeah, at the end of this they can say, look how PC we were, we even had a deaf person out there! But I still maintain that it is irresponsible for them to do that. I would equally maintain that it is wrong to put someone out there with other conditions that would make it unsafe. For example, anyone who would be severly negatively affected by quick weight loss.

On another note, how annoying is this new Rob?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am happy that the new season is on, I always enjoy the show.

I am puzzled about why the women don't think that drinking water and having a shelter are important. They are in the tropics! Tropics=frequent heavy rainstorms! The boiling the buffs and underwear thing was so incredibly odd! Surely they can't all be dumb bunnies. Are the smart ones afraid to say something because they might be singled out as being bossy?

The guys being a bit cocky didn't bother me at all. I took it more as they are trying to keep themselves psyched up. It seemed contrived, in fact, that they lost. They had such a head start, how hard it is to follow the rules after breaking them the first time!

Christy must have expected the isolation she is getting. I am very surprised at the lack of consderation, of kindness, of empathy, though, of the other women. Why aren't they helping her. Are they afraid to be associated with someone "different" because then they'd be voted out?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Bmat, my guess is that they have been helping Cristy, but that the producers have chose not to show this. I don't believe they have been clods 24/7, but they are also mostly young and won't pay attention to her needs 24/7. I thought the leaving her behind without any company was rude, but I guess they all wanted to be in on the first adventure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, thanks Asis.

So tonight we got to see the obligatory fight. I assume Alicia, that is, JoAnn, was putting on an act for the camera. She made no friend of Chrissy behaving like that.

I was sorry to see Janet go, she seemed nice. She admitted thought that she didn't want to be there.

I'm curious about why the ladies said they hadn't eaten in 5 days. Why aren't they using their manioc flour. The guys seem happy with the cakes they are making from it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Apparently in addition to not knowing how to build shelter, make fire and generally survive in the wilderness, these chicks don't know how to cook either. These guys make cakes and the girls burn thier flour.

Joanna was way out of line, but Kristy didn't win me over with her attitude that she was doing all the work. Looked to me that Denna, the one doing most of the wood gathering did her share. She was doing heavy labor, took a break and then got bitched out by Kristy? What the _ _ _ _!

With Alicia, I was on her side, Kimmi was being a brat. But Joanna had no high ground here. Kristy's astute observation that shunning the idol was stupid... to jump down her throat was stupid.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I missed about their burning the flour! Good grief! Thanks.

I can see that Kristy may have considered JoAnn's idea about the idol stupid. Probably she shouldn't have said it outloud though.

I can understand JoAnn's feelings about the idol. She needs to stop talking about it though. She is going on ad nauseum about it and antagonizing people. I also wonder if she didn't watch the other survivors, wasn't there an immunity idol in at least one of those? She shouldn't have been surprised about it, unless...again... she is putting on a show to get airtime.

I missed that Denna was working and just taking a break. She should have spoken up and told Kristy that. Maybe she did and we didn't get to see it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast