Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just saw Janet on the Early Show. She looked great!

She said they ate manioc and maggots.

She commented that the players had stronger personalities than in the past, and that she loves Survivor. She said that they don't know where they are going, but she was dismayed to find out the Amazon. She realized when she saw that she was the oldest that it was going to be harsh. She had trouble adjusting at first, mainly due to lack of sleep, but by the 4th day she was OK.

They needed a leader, but everyone realized that the leader usually gets voted off, so no one was willing.

When asked why she didn't try to step in between Christy and JoAnn, she said they both had strong personalities and she didn't want to get involved.

She swore that she had not brought the granola bar.

The lying around was not represented correctly, there was not that much of it. They worked non-stop keeping the fire going and getting drinking water.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 21, 2003 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Bmat ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Now we see why guys like to boss women around. Because it's impossible for guys to boss other guys around. Notice that the only event they won so far depended on the performance of individuals, not teamwork.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, I missed the first half hour. What was the first challenge that the woment won? What did they get?

And did anyone see what it was that made the guys lose the imunity challenge? They seemed OK at the very start, but clearly lost it somewhere in Jeff's "stage one."

Looking forward to hearing about it.

I think it is time to give in and set up the VCR to record Survivor. I haven't paid much attention for the last two versions, but I kind of like this group. The battle of the sexes has got me intrigued.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The first contest was a match game. They each had a desk with items in it. Items like soap, shampoo ect. Each desk seemed to have two or three items near as I could tell. So if you had say a hairbrush, you picked someone else and asked if they had that item. If they did you got it and had a match to put on your table. Group with most matches wins reward.

The guys started out strong but were quickly distracted by hips and breasts and visions of scoring with the girls. They were SOOOOO obvious it was laughable and the girls whooped them in the end. Hell, the guys would ask the same girl for the same item several times just cause they wanted to talk to her! [img]wink.gif[/img]

I think they blew it in the second contest on the second set of knots to release a beam. Instead of whacking the knots with the machete, they tried sawing it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was odd that when the guys realized the sawing wasn't working that they didn't try something else.

I wonder if the gal picked as leader will find her time there shortened now. It's got to be tough to fly under the radar and be leader too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

By far and away the most entertaining episode this season, maybe ever! *grins*

And no, the declothing wasn't the only thing that made it interesting. Although strategically, it wasn't bad. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Never underestimate the power of a woman...

The rocket scientist thought he did really well picking his team. Pick guys he could count on and pick off the girls. Little did he know that you should keep your friends close, and your enemies closer...

He took the two guys who wouldn't be swayed by the girls and left the three that would by themselves. ooops!

Kudos to Deena and Rob for a) creating a alliance that I can't figure which way it will fall b)Moving themselves up in the pecking order when it looked like they would go earlier.

This is actually shaping up to be a interesting season, and far more unpredicatable than past seasons.

Fun, fun episode.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you Asis. Very entertaining and unpredictable. The rocket scientist blew it and Rob and Deena were very wise indeed.

I gotta wonder about Deena not giving the immunity to Christie though (either by letting her win, or passing it to her when Jeff offered to let her). Was she that confident the votes would go against Roger in the end, was she that afraid her head may be on the block, or did she just not catch on that Christie was the target of the other alliance, or simply totally self serving?

I was surprised by the merge. Isn't it a bit early?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I loved watching Rogers face at Tribal Council. It was so much fun watching his overly cocky, bossy, arrogant ass get voted off. (grins) Butch had a great reaction.

Dave picked his team badly. He showed who he was allied with when he slected. Worse yet, he didn't leave someone he trusted with the other guys to decrease the likelihood of rebellion from the overall plan. Why did they think that Alex, Rob, and Matt would stick with Dave's alliance when he showed them where they were in his eyes? While not as blatantly obvious as the coconut game in the Marqauses, Dave showed his alliance and made it vunerable.

What will be interesting to see is what happens with the alliance of 7 once Dave and Butch are gone. Will Heidi really be voted off before the 5 surviving members of the mixed Jabaru? I am not sure that I can see Jenna voting Heidi off. If I were Christie I would be working my butt off to estabish an alliance, right now she is scheduled to go after Butch and Dave.

I am enjoying this season. I love Rob "Casey, there is a mean old man who is about to leave. I would like to dedicate this song to him. Well Rob, here it is "nah nah nah nah nah, hey hey, goodbye" ROTFLMAO

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'm not sure Christy is as vulnerable as we think. The chicks had a chance to regroup, during the great *only men can build shelter* sequence.

We have been show the Deena/Rob/Jenna threesome too many times...

I think that Deena is holding true to her origional alliance which includes Christy for the Joanna vote-off. I think Deena is so flat out using Rob that his name could be Matt! And too some extent Rob has acknowledged this with his last man standing comment. So once they get rid of Dave and Butch, then girls outnumber guys and the chicks switch back to the origional alliance. Which Burnett would never never show us. One of the things that makes this game a bit more predicatble than others is we are not seeing it even close to real time.

That's my take at least. But at any time the guys could wise up and rebel...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was an entertaining and unpredictible episode! I suspect that the producers told the cast to start living up to what they showed in their videos- just a guess based on Jeffy's comments to one of the cast members last time in the final interview episode.

Heidi and Jenna decided to get nekky just for the fun of it, it would seem. They weren't required to for the food. Deena is being shown as extremely cocky, so it would reasonable that she would be voted out. But we have been mislead before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast