Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Sports Night boxed set DVDs.

Fair warning, the quality of the dvds isn't the greatist. The pilot has layering issues, subtitles vaguely appear thru much of it, and while I say vaguely, I mean they are ghosts that are obnoxius. And the colors get wonky in parts.

But that said, I'd forgotten how much I like this series. It is cool seeing people I recognize from West Wing show up here. And coming back from commercials they show shots of the New York skyine with beautiful shots of the Twin Towers.

This show is what TV should be. Funny, touching, well written. Technology is a wonderful thing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

X-Men 1.5

Very cool! Has lots of nifty behind the scenes stuff. Navigation is a bit clumsy and took me awhile to figure out...

In addition to deleted scenes, you get to see how they create different special effects, makeup, etc.

Hugh Jackman's screen test. The Premiere on Ellis Island. Interviews with the actors and techies. All of the trailers, tv spots, and online snippets.

Still watching a lot of it, too cool.

Edited to add: Tom DeSanto (producer) took home movies at different premiers. While watching the movie, you can click a button at certain spots and see behind the scenes stuff...Very cool song sung by Bruce Davidson while hanging around Magnetos batcave. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Also picked up The Usual Suspects and Fried Green Tomatos. But will have to put future buys on hold til I get a real job. *sigh*

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 23, 2003 01:00 AM: Message edited by: AsIs ]</font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 23, 2003 11:16 PM: Message edited by: AsIs ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <Font face="georgia"><u>Usual Suspects</u>
    Wow...even if you remotely like Kevin Spacek (sorry, Kevin) this is a movie for the collection. Regardless of the DVD "extras", great movie. Up at the top of my list along with <u>Das Boot</u>, <u>The Last Starfighter</u> (although that one mostly for the special effects...movie was made in 1982), and <u>The Wrath of Kahn</u>.</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOTR extended version for sure! It answered questions I had about special effects including some that I didn't even know I had. For example, if the actors were regular sized people, why did they look so much smaller than the other people.

[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12