Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys- so what's new? What happened to SciFi Sites?

------------------

Inactive Member Sycamore Evenstar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's really good news, Polly! When does he start his new job?

Hi, Baze! SFS has been history for something over a year (if memory serves me!). Glad you found us here!

Help! Before I moved (yes, three years ago!) I had some directions telling how to print out the detailed addy info from my Favorites list (on MSN IE 5). I can't find those directions anyplace. Does anybody know how to do this? Thanks!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Baze,

Your favorite owl wizard is here, did you bring Endilon with you?

Great to see you. How's school? All done now?

------------------
    Sindatur - The Grey owl Wizzard

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bazeland! Long time no see! Glad you found us! There is actually a new Scifivine, created by kenegan. Along those lines, JOT has recreated AncientSites (Called Ancient worlds).

------------------
    Nommy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, sorry to butt in here, but to NOMAD or MERLE or anyone else frequently Speculative Vision, do ya'll know what's up? I assume either the server crashed or the Master is tranferring to a new server, but the site's been inoperable for a week, and I don't have the email address to send a query.

iz

------------------
    "Close your mouth, Michael, we are not a codfish."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Iz, I got email from Bmat that they are having server problems at SV. She didn't have your email, and neither do I. Guess I coulda posted here, though, so sorry about that!

Those camels sure are snotty. Guess I shoulda expected that, huh?

------------------
    May I have your attention, please! Your attention, please! I can deal with this trouble friends with a wave of my hand, this very hand. Please observe me if you will, I'm Professor Harold Hill, and I'm here to organize the River City Boys Band. Prrrrrrum!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Baze!!!!!! Wow, what a wonderful blast from the past! Hope all's well with you. The SFS crows has scattered to the cosmos, I'm afraid. Many of us post at several different boards, such as here, SpeculativeVision.com (currently suffering a server meltdown), PanHistoria.com (ditto), the new SciFiVine.com (being run by Kenegan, a former site admin from SFS), and much more recently at AncientWorlds.net, which is the creation of Jot from AncientSites. AncientWorlds and PanHistoria have instant messengers. Speculative Vision has tended toward the most stability over time, notwithstanding the current troubles.

Baze, given your writing propensities, you may want to check out Speculative Vision when it comes back. There are multiple forums for writers, writers workshops, discussions and so on.

------------------
    May I have your attention, please! Your attention, please! I can deal with this trouble friends with a wave of my hand, this very hand. Please observe me if you will, I'm Professor Harold Hill, and I'm here to organize the River City Boys Band. Prrrrrrum!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Merle--it isn't snot. It's drool

I see the new Farscape eps start on April 5th. Althought they're saying 4 new episodes. We wait a year, and they've got four? I hope they were kidding.

iz

------------------
    "Close your mouth, Michael, we are not a codfish."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No Iz,

They're not kidding. I believe next week is a repeat of the last episode they showed us, then the following week starts 4 new episodes to finish the current season. And then I believe, in June they start the new season. Not sure what they plan on showing in between (reruns or something else).

I saw the information somewhere (maybe scifiwire) a few months back and posted it at Spec Vision, started the post out: Bad news boys and girls...(or something like that). You might be able to find it if you search back through Farscape news at Spec when it comes back up.

Bmat emailed me too, saying she didn't know how long it would be before Spec. came back up.

------------------
    Sindatur - The Grey owl Wizzard

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

It's fantastic to find you all again! Yeah, it's been a while- kept occasionally checking back, but eventually lost touch completely. Then about six months ago I try to fine you all again, and everything's vanished! Right now I'm loving Google for finding you!

Well, school's over in a way- graduated last summer, but they took me in for another year to do a Master of Studies, and if I can con them further, I may be doing a D Phil in Modern Doctrine for the next three years or so. I guess I'm a permanent student!

Oh, and I'm in print now! I've written a short story for a tiny production company- Big Finish Productions, and have co-written an audio play with Paul Cornell. It's Doctor Who, but starring Paul McGann, so I'm quite chuffed.

I'll check out the other sites you mentioned too- I miss the whole instant messenger thing.

Oh, and Sindatur- Endellion's right here. You want a word? wink

------------------