Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New fiction series by JMS. Airs on Showtime, starting on March 3, 2002 (Sunday). Let's keep the "no-spoiler" time in effect until the next episode has aired. That's roughly a week, starting with the second episode.
    3/3
    3/15
    3/22
    3/29
    4/5
    4/12
    4/19
    are the dates listed that I know of.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is anyone goping to record this series? Mr. Nomd does not have Showtime nor will he subscribe.

Just wondering. smile

------------------
    Nommy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm hoping that someone will start a spoilers topic. Like Nommy, I don't have Showtime. (I don't even have cable.)

So, those of you who can fill us in, feel free to blab all the details.

------------------
    MightyLady of the Flame Red Hair
    "Mobius strippers never show you their back side."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like, I hear ya Red! LOL

Anyway, ....HEy Polly...you are still working in the City, yes? I do not know when the next time I will be in the NY, but when I am, its around west street at the foot of the Brooklyn bridge.
    -Nommy

------------------
    Nommy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Woo Hoo!

Thanks, Polly. I'll just wait patiently until April. Guess I know what we will be doing Friday and Sunday nights this time.

------------------
    MightyLady of the Flame Red Hair
    "Mobius strippers never show you their back side."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK. I DO have Showtime. Yes I recorded it. General impression is that this is worth watching. I'm not sure that I am quite as taken by this as by some other cable shows (specifically "Six Feet Under") but I am intrigued. And, honestly, with a JMS show, I expect it to get much better once the initial exposition of the first few shows is over.

I did think that there was some gratuitously explicit sex. The sex itself was appropriate for character development, but I ended up feeling like I was in a "too much information" kind of mode. How they are going to cut this thing for commercial TV, I can't even guess. The "two hour" opener was already only an hour and a half long, so there is already room for all the commercials.

Anyway, I have many questions raised by the opener. Why has Marcus waited so long to look for Vallhalah sector, or has he been looking for a long time? How did the kids avoid dying of massive plagues with all those adult bodies rotting after the Big Death? Or did they? What the heck is everyone eating? Fish and rabbits? What is going on in other parts of the world where the proportion of young people is much higher (and the amount of education they have on average is much lower) than in the U.S.? Egypt would have reached a food and supplies crisis much earlier than in North America.

I am looking forward to seeing more. Bee, you and Aaron will get to see quite a few episodes in April if you like.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

<font face="georgia">I only know of one re-broadcast, and that was the first one, which was re-broadcast the following Friday. I'll look through the TV guide tonight and see if it's on anytime Sunday. I got digital cable about a month ago, and there's like 4 or 5 showtime channels, so perhaps it's rebroadcast on a different one.

I dunno, Polly. Maybe it's too soon for repeats, and we're spoiled by Babylon 5 having been on so much?

------------------
    Do not tempt the patience of Wizzards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Has anyone noticed that there is no rebroadcast of Jeremiah? Or am I the only one who has Showtime?
    I missed episode 2 last Friday. My pottery class only goes until 9 and then I give my teacher a ride to Hoboken (which takes all of 10 minutes) and drive home (which takes 5 minutes). I don't expcet to have to set the timer for a show that doesn't start until 10:45 PM.

But I missed it this Friday (class went WAY overtime). I caught the last few seconds and the announcement of the rebroadcast which should have been last night (Sunday). Guess what? No rebroadcast.

Any ideas? I checked the Showtime website and they seemed to distinguish between "east" and "not-east" but it wasn't an explanation.

Help?

I have set up to record it next Friday. Sheesh.

------------------