Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Talking

Hi all,

Last Friday I went into NY to meet with our developer for the online comic shop I am working on. I'll let you know when it is up.

But since I was going to be in the city, I decided to call my sales rep at DC Comics and see if I could get to meet him! smile

I met with my rep Stuart and he took me on a tour of DC Comics. It was really cool, I got to meet several of the people that work there. They told me a bit about what they do, showed me some of the issues they were working on, gave me some cool stuff and asked me questions and let me ask them questions.

The Batman floor is by far and away the coolest. You get off the elevator and see the gothem skyline from a rooftop vantage point. There there is a huge Batman statue and some gothemish furnishings. They have a shrine to Batman too!

Mad Magazine has it's own floor as well. With a huge Alfred E. Neuman and tons of props in a cabinet. Also a wall of all the Mad covers.

I talked to several people about the challenges of retail and what we liked and didn't like about thier company. They were great to talk to and excited about the books they do.

In several months there is going to be a Batman/Wonder Woman book. It should be very cool. I now know the models for the cover! wink

I went to lunch with two of the sales rep and Jan, the other sales rep was very cool. I enjoyed talking to both her and my rep Stuart. After lunch, Jan gave me several of the t-shirts that they wear at conventions. Which was very nice of her. I am proudly wearing the Dark Knight Strikes Back shirt now! BTW, DK2 is currently on hold, waiting for the artwork. So when you comic shop says they don't know when it is coming in, they really don't! If they tell you they know in the next few days they are lying. DC couldn't tell me when it is coming out, so unless your comic retailer saw it in Tarot cards or something...

On another floor they have this awesome mural of most of the DC characters, it really is a beautiful thing.

All over DC are framed pictures of covers of their books. Some of which are old and I have never heard of, it was very cool.

When I can download the pictures, I'll post them and give you guys the link.

------------------
    Selah

The bridge between life and death is love.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Oh, my. Sounds like Asis got to visit Fantasy Land...amazing that she managed to make the trip back home.

DC comics...brings back some memories.
    AquaMan (eh...)
    Green Lantern and Kato (Bruce Lee's intro to series television).
    And, of course, Batman. Fantastic artwork from years past.

Glad you got to go there, Asis. Get the pictures up!

------------------
    Do not tempt the patience of Wizzards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hey Wiz! Email me, I am on my Mac and I bet I don't have your current email. wink

------------------
    Selah

The bridge between life and death is love.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Deal Asis! Don't go getting Smitten with the comics folks. Didn';t you know that they are actually superheros in disguise? wink

------------------
    Nommy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh wow, that sounds very cool! <trying to contain jealousy> smile Can't wait for you to get your pics up Azziz.

------------------
    Drago Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus