Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A place to hang out, chat, and get into (and if we are lucky) out of trouble. Come on in, sit down, and have a drink.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am hoping that with a new place to hang out and goof off we can do some more socializing and keep in otuch. I did not start a new incarnation of the PATD because I think that the PATD has so much history that it is hard for us to move past Sci Fi Sites and into the new internet reality we have.

I want to keep in touch with people. That has become harder with people spread all over the net and without a common interest, like B5, to discuss. I don't like feeling like I have nothing in common with my internet buds just because Sci Fi went away.

In an effort to try and keep old relationships alive and maybe meet some new folks, I have started Da Bar.

I would prefer if we all start from scratch in here. Try not to bring too many long running jokes, gags, and plot lines. Lets see what we can develop that is uniquely ours at Host Board.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Prof Crash had been wandering cyberspace for a long, long time. She had been in search of a place to hang out and chill. On 4/2/02, she came across a clearing with a single building. Looking around she saw no people, highways, alien beings, or anything to indicate that a building should be here.

Tired of wandering and missing old friends, PC decided to check out this building. She walked to the door and knocked. There was no answer. She tried the doorbell. Nothing. Shrugging her shoulders, PC decided to see if the door was unlocked. It was.

Slowly she opened the door. She poked her head in "Hello?"

"What are you waiting for, come on in." a voice called.

<i>In for a penny...</i> PC thought. She entered the building and was shocked to find a fully established bar.

"I hope I am not intruding. I was wandering down the road and saw this place, thought I would check it out. My name is ProfCrash."

A strange looking creature smiled, at least PC thought it was a smile. "Welcome to Da Bar. What will you have to drink?"

Remembering her recent visit to New Orleans and deciding she was thirsty PC smiled "A Hurricane please."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From a dark corner of the bar, Ian managed to look up for long enough to think "That voice sounds familiar.."
    Then falls off the bar stool with a loud thud.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Baze hesitantly pulled the strange building's door open and edged inside, hand on the blaster holstered at her side. Slowly, her eyes adjusted to the semi-darkness, revealing a... bar? The barman looked up.
    "Welcome to Da Bar." He said, then went back to what looked like a crossword. "Check your weapons with the troll." He added matter-of-factly.
    Baze handed her blaster to the hulking bouncer lurking behind the door, and headed over to the counter.
    "What do you serve here?"
    "Anything you like," the barman replied, without looking up.
    Baze grinned. "In that case, I suppose a pint of Old Speckled Hen wouldn't be out of the question, would it?"
    The barman produced a pint of frothing bitter from beneath the bar and smiled briefly as he set it down on the counter. "Enjoy."
    Taking a long pull on the beer, Baze turned to survey the room. Surely that couldn't be...
    "Ian? PC? What are you doing here?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

This looks like an interesting place.Wizz walks in, waits for his eyes to adjust...then removes the dark sunglasses. Ah, much better. There's a bar, a disinterested bar tender, PC, Ian, and Baze hanging out. Figuring a margarita would be just the thing...Can I have a large margarita? And, do you use white or gold tequilla?. "You want it blended or on the rocks? And, I use white tequilla...got the recipe from a guy named Carlos". Blended please...and if it's Carlos' recipe, it's gonna be good. Yup, this is going to be an interesting place. Hi, y'all, how's life been treating you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hearing a familiar voice, PC nearly drops her drink. "Ian how long have you been here?" <i>Then again I am not surprised that he found this place before everyone else.</i>

She slides onto the barstool next to Ian. Just as she is preparing to pepper him with questions, the door opens.

"My god! Bazeland?" Bazeland hands off her blaster to the troll and orders her drinks before she spots PC and Ian. Just as the trio are getting settled, Wizz and Azziz walk in.

PC starts to giggle "Why wouldn't I expect to find you guys here? I think there is something about bars and this group."

PC stands up and hugs everyone. "So what has everyone been up to?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

The barkeep was pleased with the new crowd showing up, and wanted to see that they were well taken care of. So he yelled for the server: "Hey, boy! Get out here!" He rumbled.

Merle came bobbing out of a back room, wiping his hands on his (now) grubby apron. "Yes, Master? How may I serve you?"

Barkeep pointed toward the table where PC, Baze, Ian, AsIs, and Wizz were sitting. "Go take care of those people, boy. And don't screw it up!"

Merle bowed his way away from Barkeep, and with a grin on his face approached the table. "So, can I get refills for anyone? Nachos? Potato skins?"

The group stared at Merle, mouths hanging open.

"What, have I got broccoli in my teeth or something?"

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 03, 2002 03:40 PM: Message edited by: MerleZ ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Following the breadcrumbs, AsIs finds her way into da bar. Seeing her friends at the table she pulls up a chair and puts in her order, "Anything but COFFEE!" [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Merle eyed PC. "My name's Merle, of course, Crash. You know that. I'm from Ohio. And I see you've been studying from the Dan Quayle book of spelling again."

Turning to everyone else, a surly look on his face, Merle asked, "anyone else want anything?" He turned away without waiting for a response.

"Boy! That's no way to treat our customers! You watch that tongue of yours, or I'll be yankin' it outta ya! Now, go get 'em all a round. On you."

Merle cringed, "Yes Master, anything you say, Master. I thank you so much for not beating me for my insolence!"

Merle scurried back into the kitchen.

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast