Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Merle came scurrying out of the kitchen, a steaming plate of loaded potato skins on a platter, along with a round of drinks for everyone.

"Here ya go. Enjoy!"

Merle stood by while the gang dug in. Then he snickered and sauntered back behind the counter.

Crash looked at her skins with a suspicious eye.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Deciding it would probably be best to not eat the potato skins at the moment, PC shares with the rest what she has been up to over the last year.

“With everyone wandering I decided it would be a good idea to take sometime to myself. I headed for Crossroads. It seemed like a good place to go. I knew the Inn Keeper and some of the residents there so I wouldn’t feel lonely but they would also give me the space that I wanted.

After a few weeks lounging about Dragon’s Inn, I decided it was time to go and see what the universe had in store for me. The first world I encountered was an interesting one, everyone living there was a super hero and spoke in cliches or exlimations. I took off pretty fast, no offense but dodging trucks and listening to people yell “Bam!” every few minutes grew old real fast.

I spent 6 months at the second planet. I have no idea what species inhabited the planet, I never did learn the language, but boy could they cook. “

PC stared off into space, remembering something that sure looked and tasted like chicken risotto, bimbim bop (sp), and ginger chicken.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Well, at LAST! I don't know whether I need coffee or booze. Howzabout a coffee nudge? I thought I was going to go completely grey waiting to post, but agree with PC, it's good to stay in touch with da gang. If I live so long!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HEHE, ERy, the common belief is that they are still setting up the site, and that's why it is still so slow at times. I just open a separate window for Hostboard, tell it to go somewhere, and then go off and do something else in another window while it gets to where it's going.

Sindatur, too changes his mind about ordering Potatoe (oh, look, Dan's been messing with the spell checker again) skins.

Nomad's twigs begin growing, and growing until the ceiling becomes one big hedge.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oooh boy, I'll have one of what Nommy's having!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nommy was becoming loopy and bored. He started flinging little motions at the Wooden beams on the ceiling and making branches and vines sprout out.

"Thayt ought to help keep thwe airt clean in here..hiccup"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Baze ducked as a branch growing from the ceiling came close to taking her head off.

"Nommy! Do you have to do that? It's getting difficult to drink in here!"

She turned desperately to the troll. "No one's handed in a pair of garden shears have they? Someone's gotta get the ceiling under control!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "Boy!" Bellowed Barkeep.

Merle poked his head out of the kitchen. "Yes, Master?"

"Trim the hedge!" Barkeep pointed to the branches growing out of the beams above Nommy's head.

"Yes, Master." Merle bowed in a subservient way, and disappeared out the back door, returning moments later with a step ladder and a pair of pruning shears. Scampering up the ladder, Merle began hacking madly at the branches, which of course fell on the heads of the patrons below.

A giant hand grabbed Merle by the collar, and yanked him off the ladder. "Boy, I'm gonna flay the hide offa you one o' these days," growled Barkeep. "Now, clean up this mess, and buy these people another round." He stomped back behind the bar, while Merle began picking branches out of potato skins, drinks, hair, and so on. He especially seemed to have a hard time locating a leaf he swore had fallen down the back of Ery's shirt, and spent quite a while fishing for it.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Baze pulled bits of what looked like elm leaf from her pint and took a cautious sip. "You know, this actually improves it!"

She looked over at PC. "You know, it's been years since I stuck my nose into the Dragon's Inn. Has it changed much? I've been plying my mercenary trade out on the edge of the galaxy, which is all very well, meeting new people and all that, but I missed the folks I met back at Crossroads. That's pretty much why I came back. Oh, and having enough credits to live on for a few years was a plus as well."

"Tell you what, though, I landed on a great world out on the Rim. The whole population was trained in martial arts, and so that was how they conducted their battles. Forget guns, they went in for long sticks, baskets, chairs... whatever was to hand really. And they spoke incredibly fast. I've always thought that was the problem with the Universal Translator- no lip-synch, and the necessity to gabble away in order to get it all in. Top place though. Did wonders for my Ninjitsu."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Nomad looks around at the flourishing walls and ceiling. He smiles at his handy work. See, we dont need those electronic smoke eaters...All we need are these beautiful green air scrubbers.

Nomad downs another pint and orders a pitcher from the Bus Boy.