Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sending Private Messages

OK, here is the deal. We can each have 60 private messages stored at our profile here. Private Messages (PM) are alot like grams but they do not pop up. There is a link on the upper left hand side of the screen (by the people panel feature) that tells you if you have a private message.

If you want to send a private message you can click the icon depicting two people shaking hands that is found on any post that they make.

If that person has sent you a PM, you can reply to it or send a new PM. IMportant: If you reply to the PM it will send the entire conversation to that person and you will not have a copy of it at your profile.

Why is this important? It allows a running conversation that should nly count as 1 PM in your account. This will make it easier for you to talk t lots of people and store conversations. The down side is that you will not have the conversation stored at your prfile until you recieve a reply to the last message you sent.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But, the upside of it is, if someone doesn't reply right away, you tell what they mean in their answer.

I can't tell you how many times I sent IMs to someone and they don't reply for a couple days, and when you log in and see their reply, you have no clue what they are talking about, LOL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I defiantely lke this PM feature here. Howver, has anyone noticed that it is taking a while to load the pages now? Is this because of needing new coockies before your worksation has all the info beforehand?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hey gang, I have turned on html and turned off the profanity blocker. I don't think we will have much problem with language here. IF we get a spammer, I will turn it on. But for now it is off.

I have changed a few things, if any changes bug you, let me know.

Jasoom, if you read this, can you resend me the banner? I'll load it up here. Also for any of you graphicsy types, we can change the icons for Start new topic, post reply and those icons at the top of your post for edit, etc.

At some point I will play with colors and you all can yell at me [img]wink.gif[/img]

And Nommy, I think they are still getting the site set up, so there will be some performance issues in the short term

And lastly, it appears that I can move our board to one of the other categories. Do we want to put it somewhere else or leave it here?

Also, we can leave it here, until we know we have everyone, then move it later...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would suggest staying put for the time being. No telling how many emails may have been sent out as to where we ended up.
    Second, what is a better catagory for us to be in? Granted, there's probably a couple or three that are better suited, but only one is allowed.
    Third, can we put a message of some sort in "Books" that points to where we end up?
    Fourth, since we have a Birtday topic, how 'bout an email topic that has our public email address? I realize that there's a small risk here, but it'd be the right thing to have in case a backup is needed (if we don't have one already). Something like Hostboard just disappearing someday and having all the important email addresses handy 'cause we copied the last email topic in case something "bad" happened...
    Ok, I'm done. Besides, it's past my bedtime. I love daylight savings time, just hate having to get up so damned early for the first week when it's activated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Has anyone else noticed that we are all now either Ranger Members or Pakmara Members? Except for AsIs, of course, who is listed as TechnoMage Member.

Am I correct in surmising that Ranger replaces Senior, Pakmara replaces Junior, and TechnoMage replaces Moderator in the hierarchy of membership here? Are these categories forum-specific? Do members have different titles based on which forum their posts are posted in?

Inquiring minds want to know. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Aziz, just now read this weeks posts in this topic. Sorry for the delay. I'll send the banner pronto [img]smile.gif[/img] (Today or Sat.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey! Where did all the other topics go? Hopefully, the move is still underway...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

<font face = "georgia">I wandered over to the admin forum and posted about the problem with apostrophes. One response, from Tard, said the following:

Yea, there are still some problems, but as Steven said, a UBB of this size has never been ported over to a MySQL before. Hehee, still have no idea what a MySQL really is. In the meantime, will just have to do without seeing the number of posts, dates & times, using apostrophies, etc.
    Patience is a virtue, and itll all get done when its done.

So, patience it is.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 21, 2002 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Wizz ]</font>