Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah well, Lennier had a shot at removing Sheridan from the picture early on and blew it. Instead of doing the right thing, ie not figuring out what was happening and forcing Sheridan off the station, Lennier solved the mystery. (sigh)

Granted, he did try to make up for it later but by then it was too late.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A place to discuss all things Babylon 5. At least, until the topic gets to confusing and then we can branch off if needed.

If you ahve not already seen all 5 seasons of B5 there could be spoilers in here

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Well, Babylon 5 on the Sci Fi Channel, what can I say but thank god I can watch the show on tv again. The Videotapes are great, but there is something about watching a show on TV, with commercials and all that is more appealing to me.

So last night we got to watch Chowderhead be, well, a Chowderhead. I so enjoyed groaning throughout the episode (evil grin)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hey Crash...Garibaldi had a chance to get rid of Sheridan and blew it, pulled Captain Chowderhead's butt out of the fire by pulling him in before he went beyond the rim... Explain that! wink

------------------
    - "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5
    - Really I am a woman...honest!
    - Resident KiSA (Knight in Shining Armor!)
    - I believe trust is more important than monogamy (Savage Garden - Affirmation)
    - Namesake of AsIs the kitten!
    - Member of the *Save Mary Beth* Club!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Garibalid has a lapse of reasoning and did somethign stupid (grins)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Book III in the Legions of Fire series is out. I just read it, and re-read it, and re-read it...

The current triology, written by Peter David, focuses on Centauri Prime. It fills in alot of the gaps, with the thrid book introducing us to David Sheridan as he enters his teen years (grins). John and Deleen have some different ideas aout parenting but overall he seems to be a decent kid.

I will not spoil the book for you. It is well written and has soe great lines that are plays on some of the more popular phrases from the series. Vir is jokingly refered to as "?ur last, best hope for peace" Londo comments about how his life would make a great "Epic story" and misquotes the Vorlons on a regular basis.

We learn what happens to David keeper, what was going on in G'Kar and Londo's head in their last moments. My only nit pick is that Garibaldi and Sheridan seem to be best friends. The only reason I have a problem with this is because in the series finale, Garibaldi tells Franklin that he is going to go the Sheridan's going away party even though they have had some differences. The exchange left me with the impression that the relationship between Sheridan and Garibaldi was strained. That made sense to me, I assumed that by then Sheridan would know of Garibaldi's role in the telepath war and probably was a wee bit miffed at him.

That is not the case in the book. So unless something happened in the last three years of Sheridan's life that realy put what appears to be a very solid friendship on the rocks, the relationship in the book was a bit off.

Overall a great series that remains true to the series. I enjoyed it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I guess I should get off my butt and read book 1 then, huh? smile

------------------
    - "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5
    - Really I am a woman...honest!
    - Resident KiSA (Knight in Shining Armor!)
    - I believe trust is more important than monogamy (Savage Garden - Affirmation)
    - Namesake of AsIs the kitten!
    - Member of the *Save Mary Beth* Club!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Yup Azziz you should, I want to talk about it with some one. (grins)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

I saw Thirdspace on the SciFi channel a couple of nights ago. I had only seen bits and pieces of it before.

I don't remember the original discussion on it when it first aired, but was anyone else as unimpressed with it as I was? frown

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi PC,

I been checking Barnes and Noble for it since the 1st of November. I've read the first 2 and loved them both and have heaard the 3rd is at least as good. Let me know if you see it show up at Barnes and Noble. I can't do the Amazon.com thing 'cause the Credit card is still melted.

CT,

Yea, pretty much everyone had that same basic reaction as I remember. Me, I kinda like the openings of possibilities for the future events, but my opinion is that on it's own, it was the least impressive of the 4 movies.

------------------
    Kimball

[This message has been edited by sindatur (edited December 04, 2000).]

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast