Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, PC here. I have been hanging out with most of the folks arriving here for close to 6 years. Started my posting career at Pathfinder, then moved to Cybersites, now I am moving here.

I obsess over politics and Babylon 5. I firmly believe that John Sheridan is a Chowderhead.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Talking

Many of us know each other already, but here is a place where we can all get to know a little about each other.

As time goes on, new people will find this place and want to know more about the people they see posting and share a bit about themselves. smile

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'll start first. It doesn't have to be this detailed. I keep mine on file because I've had to enter it so many times...

I am AsIs and come mostly that way.

Vital Stats: 36, Two Cats (Mouse and Tara)

Favorite Authors: J.M. Redmann, Melissa Scott, Sarah Dreher, Jaye Maiman, Lauren Wright Douglas, Amanda Kyle Williams, Clair McNab, Kathleen Forrest...

Favorite Books: The Outsiders, Stoner McTavish, Death by the Riverside, I Left My Heart?

Favorite musicians: Melissa Etheridge, Indigo Girls, Nanci Griffith, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Jim Croce, Harry Chapin, Jimmy Buffett, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood and on and on. (I could never be stranded on a desert island. I can't pick just ten albums to take )

Favorite musical: Too many, but I will start with a few? Carousel, Nunsense (It?s habit forming wink ), RENT rocks! Camelot, Secret Garden, Fiddler on the Roof, My Fair Lady
    Favorite movies: Black Widow, Fried Green Tomatoes (Towanda!), American Beauty, Oliver, Doc Hollywood, X-Men (I?m a optimist)!

Favorite TV Shows: Deep Space 9, Babylon 5; Dharma and Greg; Sportsnight; Xena; Tales of the City (PBS)

Favorite Actor and Actresses: Kevin Spacey; Mercedes Rhuel; Mary Stuart Masterson; Catherine Zeta Jones; Connie Neilson; George Cloony; having trouble thinking of others?

Favorite comic books/strip: Strangers in Paradise; Authority; Planetary; Promethia; X-Men and the gazillion x-books; Coven; Aria; BattleChasers; Castle Waiting; Gen13; Dykes to Watch Out For

Favorite comic Goddess: Storm or BloodStorm; Although Jenny Sparks is most awesome too

Jobs: Used to be a Theater Lighting Techie, grew up became a Desktop Publisher/Graphic Illustrator (won't say artist, that would mean I could draw), then I ran away and joined the circus...I mean internet and I managed the people who manage websites at a place far away from here, well as far away as you can get on the internet, now I am a QA tester and I come to this site to play

Ideal Job: Lyricist

Likes: People with a good heart and a sense of humor. The Ocean, Cats and most furry creatures, Comics, Books, Music, Writing (It makes me whole), Intelligence with Wisdom (one without the other doesn't do much good), toys...gads I love my toys (kid ones like broadsword that goes ka-ching as well as high tech ones like my computer and stuff.)

Dislikes: Bullies, Trolls and anyone who feels better by making others feel bad. Gefilte Fish, Mustard, Horror flicks, snakes, insects that sting, litter boxes, jealousy, and most things negative.

------------------
    - "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5
    - Really I am a woman...honest!
    - Resident KiSA (Knight in Shining Armor!)
    - I believe trust is more important than monogamy (Savage Garden - Affirmation)
    - Namesake of AsIs the kitten!
    - Member of the *Save Mary Beth* Club!

[This message has been edited by AsIs (edited November 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by AsIs (edited November 19, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey... I'm a friend of AsIs's from the Stranger than Paradise board (under the comics section), which is an offshoot of the SiP Forum, which is dedicated to the worship of Strangers in Paradise and the Author/Artist, Terry Moore. *sees AsIs growling, stops plugging*

I'm 26, female, mostly straight, involved, I recently moved to Michigan, but that's a long story, I can't for the life of me think of any significant details, but let's just say that I'm usually cranky and irritable, and even though I generally prefer nights, I've actually been seen around during the day, so the rumors about me being a vampire are TOTALLY unfounded.

Right now, I'm reading Neil Stephenson's Cryptonomicon, and Mike Resnik's Sanitago, both of which are excellent.

I also adore B5, and greatly miss it, I don't watch a lot of TV, but that was one of the shows I made a habit of watching. My current favorite show is "Who's Line Is It, Anyway," which will often have me literally ROFLMAO. Repeatedly. You should try it. It's good excercise.

More later, maybe, and nice to meet you guys.

biggrin

[This message has been edited by erisesoteric (edited November 19, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also come from a place far away and not so far away. wink

I live in Maine and work in schools, though I am not a teacher.

My interests include all things Trek, B5, reading mysteries, playing with my computer, music (listening and playing), games of all kinds, and traveling to far away places.

Who Am I? OH! That's a game somewhere else. Sorry! Got carried away there for a sec. Nice to see old faces and meet new ones.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan. The fact that I forgot to mention this fact does not detract from my adoration, it just indicates that I really AM a natural blond.

Carry on...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's what I've said about myself at my other cyber home:

<font color=red>I live in Rural Ohio on a small Mini-farm. I am 39 years old and some say a "complex woman". I'm sure many of you are either scratching your heads or ducking for cover when I get in one of my more colorful moods ;}

I live with two irritating males (husband and son) who seem to delight in raising my blood pressure sky high!

*sigh* Oh what's a warrior babe to do!
    </font>

------------------
    "Kinky is using a feather ? Perverted is using the whole chicken"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm Merle. Wandering sorcerer on the web, lawyer in RL. Don't throw rotten things at me, please!

I've been at PF, right before the migration to cybersites. Spent three good years there. Now we're slowly moving here.

I enjoy SF, especially B5. Trek I watch, because B5 is over, but I grew up on TOS. And Lost in Space. OK, I'm old.

My favorite authors are Tolkien, Donaldson, and Zelazny, in Fantasy, and in that order. Otherwise, I enjoy Steinbeck, Poe, Twain.

In movies, I love comedies. Austin Powers makes me laugh so hard I cry. I'm an idiot for Monty Python as well. The Great Race is such an under appreciated movie, but oh so funny! Enjoy the Indiana Jones movies, and Star Wars as well.

Well that's me in a nutshell. No, this is me in a nutshell. Help! I'm stuck in this bloody big nutshell! Honestly, what kind of nut has a shell like this?

------------------
    "Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nomad (Nommy to my friends) here!

Well, I mostly lurked at PF (spit) and came to CS from day 1. Will this be the enw place Hmmmm....Ill give it a whirl. For those who know me, Im a tinkerer of sorts. I have some latent magic abilities that I am constantly challenging. Just ask PC or Merle how much trouble I can get into.

Im not gonna post all that opther stuff. Sufice to say...you want to know about me..just ask. I tend to be very outspoken and foward.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From Pathfinder to Popelon, onwards to cyber sites and Hostboard. It's been a long journey!

Like to keep in touch with my cyber friends & see what the 'gang' is up to, which is why I am pleased with the opportunity that Hostboard's Zoloco provides. (Thanks AsIs)

I have many similar interests such as has been stated by all of you. Culturally and literally I am sci-fi attuned, with a special fondness for Babylon 5.

I also believe that John Sheridan is a Chowderhead. Another B-5 observation that I hold is that I miss Mira Furlan. (A lot!)

Currently fill in my SciFi quality time with Farscape, Lexx, Andromeda, lots of re-runs, & large doses of Sci-Fi movies. I don't read scifi nearly as much as I had in the past but do enjoy a good read when time allows.

------------------
    "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast