Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooh, I feel like a newbie again - everyone seems to know everyone else and I havem't a clue what people are talking about.

Another person from Stranger Than Paradise, here. male, 29, English. Likes music, writing, juggling, games (board and video). Reads non-fiction, mostly. Prefer sci-fi with a defeatist attitude, for want of a better term. The sort of Dark Star /Brazil/ Red Dwarf/ Silent Running type. Science Fiction where things start falling to pieces, really.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well,

Ithink there's only 2 of you who don't know me.

Sindatur is a Grey Owl Wizzard. And has a lover named Honey Grey. My real life personna is a Materials Manager in Electronics.

I love Technicolor movies, Andy Gibb and the Carpenters & Alan Parsons, to Yanni, to Styx, to Jeff Lorber through The Scorpions and Metalica and back to Erasure, the whole Gambit, music was my life for quite some time.

I write Poetry and my honey and I collect Barbie dolls (no, not a strange hobby for a man, actually profitable and I know a lot of men who do)

------------------
    Kimball

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...as in TheOne with Margaritas. Most know me as <font color="#88ff00">Wizzard</font>, and I started my online community access from IRC rather than B-Boards. I'm just different in that way, I guess.</p>

I'm interested in science fiction, including the Star Trek series (all of them, now that Janeway isn't as annoying), Babylon 5, Stargate SG1 and Farscape. Authors include Asimov, Heinlien (sp?), Niven, Vinge, and Bester. Then, there's Clancy and Cussler, too.</p>

I live near San Francisco, and work in the communications industry. Outside of work and online tinkering, I like to drive and photography (ask about the flash I have sometime!).
    Oh, yeah...I watched Star Trek TOS when it was originally aired, too...</p>

------------------
    Illegitimus non carborundum est.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello everyone. Like PC, I came from PF (lurker there) and moved with everyone to SFS (several nicks before settling on the one I have now), Beyond the Rim, and now here. Although I haven't completely given up SFS, still post under The JMS Speaks board, I am looking for another place to call home.

I'm 30 something, female and have one cat named Tinker that I adopted last year. I live near Chicago, Illinois and yes it is getting very cold here. J

Interests: I enjoy SCUBA diving when it's warm, biking and jogging. Love most SciFi of which my favorites are Babylon 5, Farscape, Star Wars, and Star Trek.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome aboard Lyta. If you were a lurker at PF <SPIT>, and then migrated to SFS in the first wave, I must also know you under one of your earlier nicks? YES????

Anyway, I was just thinkin' that we needed the JMS Speaks topic again, and 'lo and behold, two days later you appear.

Read the Birthday topic, the next ones gonna be wild.

----------------
    The Grey owl Wizzard, Kimball

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hey Lyta, great to see you! Feel free to start a JMS topic if you want to! Heck, or anything else for that matter all of you! *grin*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I would love to start a JMS Speaks topic here. Would you prefer me to just post his new responses or add some of his old replies (I have all my JMS Speaks posts archived on zip disks)?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

That's up to you! We will get some new traffic, so you may want to put some of the ones that you think are more important or recent in.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Glad to see a few more of you have filtered in. Welcome Kimball (nka Sindatur), Lyta and Ian, and anyone else I've missed since I went on vacation.

------------------
    'Premonitions played tag in the grottoes of my mind, none of which I would have cared to take to lunch.'

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<FONT color=#ff0000>Nickname</FONT>: Erythrina, the Red Witch

<FONT color=#ff0000>Nick origin</FONT>: A fascinating novella by author Vernor Vinge. Titled True Names and written in 1983,
    it foretold the wonderful world of the Internet. Erythrina was a member of an
    on-line "coven" of hackers, and was one of the most powerful and experienced
    coven members.

<FONT color=#ff0000>How I got here</FONT> : A PF -P refugee from
    quite another angle ? ancient history ? I posted at the on-line SPQR boards
    and stayed there til stupidity from said PF -P drove us off. I made sufficient
    nuisance of myself at another on-line community that I was hired to welcome
    community members, make avatars, troubleshoot, you name it.

<FONT color=#ff0000>Vital stats</FONT>: I'll be 45 next
    March, haven't ever seen aging as a negative thing (perhaps because mental age
    stays stuck at about 18 and I come from a healthy and long-lived genepool on
    both sides of the family tree). Happily married, one 15 yr old son, two cats,
    all living in the geographic centre (and on the sunny side) of the great state of Washington.

<FONT color=#ff0000>Favourite authors</FONT>: I'll stick to
    SF because I have such a great book addiction that I'll read anything and
    everything..... Zelazny, Tolkien, Guy Gavriel Kay, S.R. Donaldson.

<FONT color=#ff0000>Favourite books</FONT>: LOTR,
    The Chronicles of Amber, Lord of Light, Tigana

<FONT color=#ff0000>Favourite musicians</FONT>: Stevie Ray
    Vaughn, The Grateful Dead, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Buffett, Steely Dan, Enya, Los
    Lobos, Dire Straits, B.B. King.... it goes on and on. I have a theme song for every occasion.

<FONT color=#ff0000>Favourite (recent) musicals</FONT>:
    "Miss Saigon," and --omigod! -- "Les Miz!!"

<FONT color=#ff0000>Favourite (recent) movies</FONT>:
    "American Beauty"

<FONT color=#ff0000>Favourite actor/actress</FONT>: Kevin
    Spacey, Emma Thompson

<FONT color=#ff0000>Current Job</FONT>: "Self-unemployed" website and graphics designer and sometime remote Internet community welcome-wagon-type-person.

<FONT color=#ff0000>Ideal Job</FONT>: Hey, I've got it. There's nothing more fun than doing what I do, with the people I do it with.

<FONT color=#ff0000>Likes</FONT>: People. I love people. Good times, good conversations, preferably with chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.

<FONT color=#ff0000>Dislikes</FONT>: unpleasant, smelly or boring people. Needless stupidity and cruelty. And I hate liver too.

<FONT color=#ff0000>What I want written on my tombstone</FONT>: "She made me happy."

------------------
    <FONT color=#ff0000>The Red Witch</FONT>

[This message has been edited by Erythrina (edited December 19, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Erythrina (edited December 19, 2000).]