Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anybody besides me find it incredulous that Jerri hasn't been kicked off yet?

I'm beginning to suspect something fishy is going on. Last week's previews had everyone bad mouthing Jerri, and last nights show's whole theme seemed to revolve around how everyone hates Jerry, and I know most of the people who watch the show can't stand the manipulative little beech. And yet she survives!

Whatiya bet Jerri ends up with the million bucks! rolleyes

[This message has been edited by Mirafan (edited March 15, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mirafan!!!!!!! Wow, blast from the past, great to see you here!

Last night's vote was predictable. The Ogakors, having numerical superiority, will continue to pick off the Kuchas each week. I suspect they'll leave Rodger til last, as he appears the least threatening. Nick is next, then Elisabeth.

The interesting part begins when it's down to the final five, to see where Colby's alliance really lies. It certainly appears right now that he's alligned himself with Tina and Keith, while convincing Jerri and Amber (equally as detestable as Jerri, IMHO) believe he's with them. Colby is playing better than anyone right now. But when it gets right down to it, wouldn't he be safer to stay with Jerri and Amber? The jury isn't going to give Jerri a million bucks, but Keith and Tina are much more likeable. You have to be thinking, "OK, if it's me and so-and-so, who will they vote for?" That's why Kelly tossed Rudy last time on the final challenge, thinking she had a much better chance against Rich. Rudy'd have gotten the million hands down if he'd won that final challenge.

------------------
    Send me a postcard, drop me a line, stating point of view,
    Indicate preciseley what you mean to say, Yours sincerely, wasting away!
    Give me your answer, fill in a form, mine forever more!
    Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I expected someone from the Kuchas to get picked off, although I was hoping Jerri would. I can't stand her myself. If I remember correctly, nobody really liked Rich and he ended up winning. All it takes is picking your alliances correctly and winning immunity so you can't get picked off. If Jerri wins immunity in the next few challenges I believe she has a good chance of at least making it to the final two, and possibly winning if she doesn't upset Amber who seems to be on her side. Of course Colby is the wildcard in the game, and I agree with Merle that Colby is playing the game well. cool

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I was not surprised to see Alicia go. My guess is that next week Nick is targeted. After that I think Jerri and Amber are the next to go. Tina and Keith despise Jerri, they do want her off. But before booting her, I think they want to remove the strongest Kucha members first, that being Jeff, Alicia, and Nick.

With those three gone, Ogakor is guarenteed numerical superiority the rest of the way and can safely eject Jerri and Amber. at that stage there are three Ogakor and two Kucha, which should make the Ogakor crowd feel ok.

Not to mention, I think that Tina and Keith are going to develop close ties to Rodger and Elisabeth. If I were Colby, I would be worried. I think that when it gets down to five, Cloby could be in trouble.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've thought of that scenario, too, Crash. Really, I don't see the Kucha slaughter stopping until there's only one left. And only then if the Kucha wins immunity, maybe Jerri gets canned before all of Kucha is ejected.

Keith and Tina could easily turn on Colby, though, if they don't trust him. If they throw in with Elisabeth and Rodger after the next vote, assuming Nick doesn't win immunity, then they would have four to three. Heck, Tina told Kel she'd never vote against him. Right. Ditto Maralyn. Bye-bye. She'll do what is in her best interest. Ultimately, everyone must think of that final vote by the jury, and frankly, Elisabeth and Rodger are just too likeable to let get to that point if you think in those terms. Either would win a vote over Tina or Keith.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ProfCrash,

I agree with your scenario completely. The only wrench would be Jerri winning immunity at the key point in time....just like Rich in the original Survivor.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Also remember that Rich wasn't nearly as annoying as Jerri. His nudity was the biggest issue.

We knew how many strings he was pulling but by and large his island mates didn't. All of his nastiness was shown in the jungle away from tribe. Jerri's has been up close and personal.

But Elizabeth and Rodger should be working big time on Keith and Tina. Cobly saying he would pick them could very well be a lie.

It makes more sense for him to stick with Jerri and Amber, as was pointed out, anyone sitting in the final two with Jerri is going to win the Million. She has been too nasty to everyone but Amber...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Woohoo! I have never been so happy to be wrong! S'long Jerri! Have a great time! Although, if Nick hadn't won immunity, he was toast.

The next interesting development will be what Amber does with herself. She now realizes that Colby betrayed her and Jerri, and she can't trust her former tribemates. So does she try to buddy up to Kucha? Would they even let her? Or just use her to try to find out her vote, and pick off another Ogakor? The three Kuchas are tight, and it appears Keith, Tina and Colby are tight. Amber has to be feeling very, very alone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Slightly Off-Topic here.

In the Babylon 5 Survivor a winner has been announced. Kosh Naranek (The first one) was spaced with about 82% of the vote and that left the winner to be:

Lyta.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool. I'm so happy to be alive! lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast