Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It could be Snape, but not because he's a double agent. He isn't. He used to be aligned with Voldemort, but isn't now. And they (Dumbledore et. al.) know about his previous association, so he couldn't be a double agent. A spy for Dumbledore, sure, but I don't see him giving information to Voldemort.

My guess is Hagrid bites the big schnitzel. It would be a traumatic development not just for Harry, but for Hermione and Ron and Dumbledore.

Thing is, J.K. Rowling is very good at leading us all down the primrose path. I don't think any of us have a clue what's coming up. Four times now I've thought I knew where she was going, and was altogether wrong. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Fan,

I quite agree about your comments on Snape, and actually what I was alluding to was that as a spy for Dumbledore, he may be caught in the act by Voldemort, et al, and be killed. But as PC says, other characters would most likely have a much more dramatic effect.

And you are absolutely correct about JKs misdirection, she's fooled me everytime as well.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 20, 2003 12:01 PM: Message edited by: sindatur ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor=""><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ProfCrash:
    That would slow down the movie production too much so I hope not. I am going to be interested to see what they do regarding Dumbledore in the movies</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Movie production schedules can't cure writer's block. If it took this long for JKR to write book 5, I am sure she won't be crunching book 6 out behind it. Although I would like to see as many of the actors reprise their roles in each movie, I wouldn't want books 6 and 7 to be crap just to get them out. If the movies need a new Harry, then so be it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it will probably be Hagrid or Dumbledore too although I'd hate for it to be either one. I guess we'll see.

And Sindatur, I don't think dying would soften Snape. I think he'd get rigor mortis pretty soon. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 20, 2003 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Rantarn ]</font>

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567