Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, we've all heard the good news by now and it's set 3 years after Objects at rest (that would be 2 years before Crusade, I believe). We know it's about the Rangers putting the galaxy back together after the Shadow War.

What or who would you like to see from the movie and possible series.

Speculate at will, but no spoilers beyond the Centauri Trilogy of books and the original 5 year run of B5 and it's movies, plus the 13 episodes of Crusade

[This message has been edited by sindatur (edited March 21, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Crusade was supposed to have a cure or resolution to the plague prior to the end of the 5 year run (I think it was supposed to come about 50% - 60% of the way into the series). So if the Series comes about and lasts, maybe we will get to see the resolution of the Drahk Plague even if Crusade doesn't get finished. Also the Telepath war had already happened in Crusade's timeline so we may get some of that as well worked into the series.

Lennier bailed from the Rangers, but maybe we'll get to see his final fate as well.

Oh, and "a fan favorite" from B5 is also supposed to be involved with the movie and/or possible series. Any guesses or hopes as to who that might be.

Sorry, PC, I think Sinclair is out, although I could see Mr. G being the one. And being that Delenn is Entilzah, makes perfect sensse for her to be heavily involved in it.

[This message has been edited by sindatur (edited March 21, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

From the annouoncement at the Sci Fi Channel site, it sounds like we will be dealing with an all new cast. We may see some familiar faces from time to time but I would be surprised if any of the characters from B5 are regulars if there is a new series

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually PC, JMS Speaks says there is one major Character from B5 in the movie. I read too much into and took that into the series in my head

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If there is a cast member to be in the movie, I'm thinking it may be Alfred Bester. No reason, just guessing at this point. I'd really like to see Susan Ivanova, but realize that's not possible (Or is it?), & same for Kosh N. I'd like to see Londo or Vir pop up in the movie.

Would like to see a Soul Hunter or two & I would like there to be references & flasbacks to the B-5 station itself.

Actually sindatur, I have a huge list of 'want to be's' & only one film to cram it in.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The key words are *fan favorite*

I predict that the B5 character that will be in the movie is Marcus wink

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Asis?? Marcus died in Season 4. How can he be in a Movie/Series set 3 years after Season 5? I realize they unfroze Aeryn and brought her back to life, but JMS doesn't do things like that (Well, other than the Sheridan Z'ha'dum thing)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Marcus was frozen. And he is a fan *gag* favorite. All JMS stated is that a *fan favorite* from B5 will be in this movie. I think he is twisted enough to do it. Not sure how, and most likly I am wrong, but it is my speculation nevertheless, that it will be Marcus. wink

And bird brain, make sure you close html tags in your posts. I had a doozy of a time with Season 1 topic. Had to close it and reopen it, there was some weird coding in your post it seems. tongue

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Weird bud, I have never seen the topics do that. I'll see if I can find out what happened. It told me that there was a missing end tag and the only option I had was closing the topic, which seemed to fix it, so I opened the topic again. Truly odd.

Ah well...And another fan favorite that might be a more realistic possibility in the Ranger movie might be Lennier wink

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ivanova is still in earth Force, the only way she would be in the movie is if her ship was somehow involved.

Delenn or Sheridan make sense, Delenn is Entilzah and Sheridan the President of the Alliance. either one, most likely both, would be involved in making a decision about the Rangers future.

I would not be surprised to see that the character is Lennier. His story line is one of the story lines that is left dangeling in the worse way. On top of that, he is looking for a way to redeem himself and he has had Ranger training. His bringing info to a group of Rangers about a race in trouble and working with them would make the most sense.

If the movie takes place three years after the series ends, then it should be Marcus. Unless they have found away to return someones life energy after they have been dead for a substantial period of time, there is no way to revive Marcus. If Marcus is revived, I will bne more then a bit disappointed with JMS.

Trying to figure out how JMS could bring in Garibaldi or G'Kar. We know from the books that both are acting as independent advisors for Sheridan. (shrugs)

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast