Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry Asis. The Mind War Post? I didn't mean to put any HTML in that post that I remember. I'll try to be careful in the future though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Crash, I dis-agree about Marcus with you. I figure, he only lost his life energy. He didn't sustain the injuries that Ivonova had, he just gave her enough to fight off the fatal problems she had. Unfortunately, it was 99.9% of lifes energy that he gave?. p> Now, I dont see why, say, maybe a soulhunter couldn't be involved in getting back his lifes energy. I always figured if 100 rangers gave 1 % of their energy to Marcus...he could be brought back. Perhaps a stray Vorlon could help.

Mind you, in keeping with JMS' tradition...he couold probably only keep it for...say...FIVE YEARS...LOL

[This message has been edited by Nommy (edited March 22, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The way I read the situation is that Marcus is dead. Once a person has given all their life energy, or a substantial portion of it, there is no going back. If it was not the case, then how was the machine used as a form of the death penalty?

What we saw with Marcus was his telling Ivanova that he loved her and then passing out. Some time later, we are not given a reference which is part of the problem here, the Med Team finds him strapped into the device and freak out. Ivanova tells Franklin that she woke up and found Marcus unconcsious next to her but that she still was not strong enough to stop the device.

If he had simply lost alot of energy, but not enough to kill him, then he would probably have been in a coma until he had regained enough energy to wake up. That didn't happen. Instead we see Ivanova and Franklin mourning his loss.

It could very well be they were mourning is loss only if he comes out of stasus until they can find a cure for having no life enregy, but I would find that to be more then a bit lame.

Not saying it can't happn, it can. I would be really disappointed if JMS stooped to that. Granted it may excite some fans to have him back but it would be really, really cheesy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would say that Sheridan would probably not be the one, because JMS said Fan Favorite, and although not everyone is as unfond of Sheridan as PC, I don't see him as being a large population's Favorite

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought it might be G'Kar and/or Lyta. Not all of read the books, so as far as I am concerned, he and Lyta are out exploring things or doing something until the time that G'Kar goes to Centauri Prime where he kills Londo.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

G'Kar is not all that active in the books, at least not until the last book in the Centauri Prime series.

Plus which, being involved in the books should not remove someone from a series or movie. They can write a series or movie at a time when the character is not active in the book

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Ok, I hate to burst the Marcus bubble, but I highly doubt JMS would bring him back only to kill him off again. He's in cryo-stasis, with orders from Adm. Susan Ivanova that he's to remain in stasis until a "cure" is found. That's on the placard on his cryo-tube. Also, she usurps Dr. Franklin a bit in the final toast to friends (Marcus) at the last dinner with Sheridan before Sheridan wandered off to meet Lorien for the last time. I'm pretty sure all the names mentioned at dinner were of those that were no longer among the living.

Fan favorite? That leaves out Sheridan. biggrin
    Zathras was a favorite, but he doesn't get out much. Unless this new movie has some dealings with Draal or the Great Machine. Garibaldi doesn't seem to fit into the theme of the Rangers, but again, they may go to Mars for a visit. Galen? Everyone these days needs a technomage. Then again, I can't really see him as a "fan favorite". Vir is shuttling between Babylon 5 and Centauri Prime working on getting rid of the Drakh. No telling what his travels allow him to encounter. (Well, I liked Vir...). Delenn is a possible, but she's got a very young David to tend to as well. Lennier would be a possible, but he's an outcast by now, unless there was some reconcilliation I know nothing about. He'd probably spend most of his time avoiding anything to do with the Alliance.
    My guess is Zathras. People are still enchanted with him and the Great Machine, and it would certainly attract viewers even more so.

IMnsHO.

[This message has been edited by Wizz (edited March 23, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

three years after objects at rest would mean that g'kar and lyta are back from their travels and lyta has checked in with garibaldi to see if he fulfilled their deal.

i would love to see andreas katsulas andpat tallman brought back into some of this series. i would imagine both are available for guest appearances. and g'kar certainly qualifies as a fan favorite.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

iz, I had not thought of that but I am not sure how G'Kar would fit in with the Rangers and Lyta will be busily preparing for a war against the Corp.

Lennier would be a good fit, the movie could very well be the story of how he gains redemption.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd really enjoy seeing Zathras again! There could be a number of reasons why the Great Machine could be involved to help the Ranger's mission.

& what Proff said about Lennier would make a good vehicle to get him back in the Rangers graces. I'm sorry to say I heven't had the opportunity to read any B-5 literature but just going by the series, it always left me feeling there was a big hole left by what happened with Lennier & his choices.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast