Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Well, going from the term *fan favorite* I think it would have to be a supporting character rather than one of the stars. Otherwise the better choice of words would be one of the *stars* from B5...

Just my two cents. My buck fifty is still on Lennier. wink But I will laugh my ass off if it is Marcus. biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If we're going with "supporting player", it could be Zack. Not my personal favorite, but he was very popular with some of the female fans.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Just a question of reference...
    This movie (Rangers) takes place 3 years after <u>Objects at Rest</u>. The "Teep War" lasted two years, and IIRC, started one year after OaR. One year after the Teep War was the Drakh attack on Earth, essentially meaning that Crusade started 4 years after OaR.
    If so, Lyta is already dead when this story begins. G'kar, though, seems to be floating around as Sheridans troubleshooter up to the time he visits Centauri Prime for the last time. Don't know when he started that job, but he's a pretty good candidate for the "fan favorite", as he probably deals a lot with the Rangers if he's working for Sheridan after his (short) hiatus exploring the universe.
    I'm still gonna stick with Zathras. Of all the quotes spoken from the show, "This is wrong tool" has to be up there as one of the most frequently quoted.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it seems to me the teep war could only reach its height two years after Objects at Rest--because that's when Lyta returns and Garibaldi releases whatever funds he has funnelled to her cause. hence, the war could still be going on three years after Objects at Rest, and Lyta would still be alive through the opening of the drakh war and the beginning of the Crusade expedition.

g'kar presumably spends some time back on narn to settle issues there; however, i can easily see an interaction between him and the Rangers. he probably ran across Rangers frequently during his two years of travel and I would imagine they would also want to debrief him on what he saw. Also, Katsulas has just finished a film, released in September, and therefore might be available again for a TV series.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

It strieks me that the teep war would be starting about that time. Lyta did not get the cash needed to run the war until she finds Garibaldi two years after Objects at Rest. It would take some time to organize folks and use the money a bit more discretly to buy the weapons and the like. So at the three year mark, my guess is the Teep War has just gotten under way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Sorry Iz, but if there is only one B5 person crossing over to the Ranger's movie/show, it would most likely be Sheridan, Delenn or Lennier. Really those three characters are the only ones that fit really well. The Ranger's are a rather secretive and snobbish group from what we have seen so far.

I can't see having any of the other characters interacting with them on a regular basis.

However, it won't be the first time if they throw in someone who does not belong. Lochley was incredibily out of place in a few of the Crusades eps...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Ok, from the Lurkers Guide...
    2258 Year 1 of Babylon 5
    2262 Year 5
    2267 Drakh attack Earth (this is based on the fact that the "flu" hasn't been cured yet as mentioned in "A Call to Arms"). End of the hard facts...

From what I recall, but can't pinpoint the source, the Teep war was 2 years long.

My assumptions...
    2263 Tensions build
    2264 The war takes place. Lyta finds Garibaldi (two years from their last meeting) and gets her "funds".
    2265 Lyta blows up Psi Corps HQ (and herself)
    I don't have the <u>Legions of Fire</u> with me; maybe Vir's escapades with the planet killer has a year reference?
    2266 The Drakh (with help from the Centauri) get things started with the planet killer. Ranger story starts (movie)
    2267 The Drakh pollute the Earth's atmosphere upon losing the last of the planet killers.

Point being, Lyta is long gone by the time the movie takes place. I sure wouldn't mind seeing her in a Babylon 5 story again, but this don't look like it. As for Sheridan, Delenn and Lennier...this "fan favorite" isn't showing up for the potential series, just this movie. While it could be those three, G'kar, Vir, Galen and even Zathras could be included for a one-time appearance.
    biggrin<font face ="arial" size="-4">

[This message has been edited by Wizz (edited March 26, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK! This may seem WAY off base, but why not bring in...er...Lorien?

I mean, he IS the first being, ever, in our galaxy. He can come back from the Rim on occasion and check out the progress. Just a thought.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Lorien said he would be waiting for Sheridan beyond the rim, I doubt that he would show up in the movie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

but this is also a pilot for a possible series. seems to me jms would keep his options open. if he's going to get a new series out of this, it wouldn't make sense to start all the action after the teep war, unless he already knows he can't get pat tallman or ????????? to play lyta and bester (i ALWAYS blankd on that guy's name!)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast