Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, Treavor.

Watching is OK as well as reading. We still haven't quite figured out why this is on this particular subsection of the Hostboard forum. A lot of us knew each other from other boards that met an untimely (or sometimes well deserved) demise. So we aren't really organized around just reading sci fi books.

Nice to meet you.

Inactive Member Trevor Daniels Poet's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PollyMath:
    Hi, Treavor.

Watching is OK as well as reading. We still haven't quite figured out why this is on this particular subsection of the Hostboard forum. A lot of us knew each other from other boards that met an untimely (or sometimes well deserved) demise. So we aren't really organized around just reading sci fi books.

Nice to meet you.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi, Polly.
    I know what you mean about migrating from other boards.
    I've become quite the nomad myself.
    I host a board in this same section called:
    The Spigot At The End Of The Universe
    Currently I'm attempting to start a conversation started re: Frodo's apparent failure at Mount Doom in The Lord of The Rings vol. III - The Return of The King.
    Feel free to drop by and comment.
    That is of course you're into Tolkien.
    Here is the link:

Spigot At The End Of The Universe.

Peace,
    Trevor

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AsIs:
    This board started as a group of friends who watched a few particular Sci Fi shows on TV and posted together on a few other boards. First Pathfinder, then SciFiSites, later renamed SciFiVine.

Mostly what we do here is hang out and keep in touch with each other. Sometimes we post about SciFi/Fantasy or give each other links to it.

A lot of times we post about other stuff. We ended up in books and I haven't asked to change it because many members had a hard time finding it here and I don't want them to get lost if we move again.
    </font></font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Would one of the those shows have been The X-Files?
    My god.
    I was such an X-Phile.
    I still am.
    I was really bummed the show went out with a whimper.
    I'd be glad to be a member of your community if you'll have me.
    Feel free to visit my forum if you like discussing Lord of The Rings, reading or writing.
    Spigot At The End Of The Universe

Peace,
    Trevor

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 29, 2002 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Trevor Daniels Poet ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

This board started as a group of friends who watched a few particular Sci Fi shows on TV and posted together on a few other boards. First Pathfinder, then SciFiSites, later renamed SciFiVine.

Mostly what we do here is hang out and keep in touch with each other. Sometimes we post about SciFi/Fantasy or give each other links to it.

A lot of times we post about other stuff. We ended up in books and I haven't asked to change it because many members had a hard time finding it here and I don't want them to get lost if we move again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome Dude.

Ive read all 3 LOTR books, but am in the middle of re-reading all 4 currently written Harry potter books.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nommy:
    Welcome Dude.

Ive read all 3 LOTR books, but am in the middle of re-reading all 4 currently written Harry potter books.
    Thank you so much.
    After I read the Silmarillion I'm gonna tackle the Potter series as well.
    I like your signature.
    I thought it was quite hilarious that Merry and Pippin were a full 3 inches taller than Sam and Frodo after drinking the Ent draught at the end of Return of The King.
    Feel free to start a Potter discussion at my message board.

Spigot At The End Of The Universe

Peace,
    Trevor

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome, Trevor! I would love to discuss The Sillmarillion with you, and everyone else, for that matter. I've just begun rereading it myself, so it will be fresh in my mind. In the meantime, do you want to discuss The Lord of the Rings?

And yes, I'm with Nommy on hanging with Ents. Treebeard is a favorite of mine, and people think I'm weird whe I say, "Hoom, hom, now that would be telling!"

But as for where I'm "from" I have a soft spot for Finrod Fellagund, which I think you'll share after reading "Of Beren and Luthien."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've read all the LOTR related books. My soft spot is still for Tom Bombadil. He saved the quest twice, and never even got a mention in the animated or RL films [img]frown.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 31, 2002 06:18 PM: Message edited by: ianviking ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MerleZ:
    Welcome, Trevor! I would love to discuss The Sillmarillion with you, and everyone else, for that matter. I've just begun rereading it myself, so it will be fresh in my mind. In the meantime, do you want to discuss The Lord of the Rings?

And yes, I'm with Nommy on hanging with Ents. Treebeard is a favorite of mine, and people think I'm weird whe I say, "Hoom, hom, now that would be telling!"

But as for where I'm "from" I have a soft spot for Finrod Fellagund, which I think you'll share after reading "Of Beren and Luthien."

Merle, that would be deilightful!
    I'll wrap up Return of the King this week and we'll begin discussions on The Silmarillion on Monday if all goes well.
    We can also discuss The Hobbit, and The LOTR trilogy.
    I really look forward to it.
    I expect we'll all be cheering when Treebeard makes his big screen appearance this December.
    Here is the link to my board.

The Spigot At The End Of The Universe

Feel free to discuss anything you like.
    Books, writing, poetry, et al.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ianviking:
    I've read all the LOTR related books. My soft spot is still for Tom Bombadil. He saved the quest twice, and never even got a mention in the animated or RL films [img]frown.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 31, 2002 06:18 PM: Message edited by: ianviking ]</font>
    He's mentioned during the Council of Elrond scene, but you're right he should have at least been featured in flashback.
    As I understand it Tom will be shown in a deleted scene on the LOTR DVD coming out August 6.
    A little Tom Bombadill is better than nothing, eh?

Peace,
    Trevor

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast