Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'm noticing that posting has really really dropped off here. So what do we want to do with this board?

I started this board as a way to keep in touch with my friends in a simple open board format. Does it still serve a purpose?

I appriciate everyone who has stopped by and shown their support at one time or another.

I don't want this topic to turn into complaint about the board. Just what we should do with it now.

Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personally, and this is no reflection on anybody here, I feel like I'm out of my element. As I said before, my interest in sci-fi comes and goes in spurts and I usually go for a book instead of tv. So I really don't feel a need to post on threads about Babylon 5 or JMS or whatever. I mean, I DO check out the board, but I just don't feel like I have anything to contribute. Yet. wink

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't post much, as you know. If I don't have anything to say I usually don't say it. smile But I'd miss this place if it were gone, I do check in every day to see what's going on, what's being discussed, and so on.

I agree with jasoom, that now that the weather is warming up people will have other stuff to see to for awhile. Me, I trimmed hedges yesterday. It's not fun but it has to be done. Then there's weeding yet to do, and I have to get out there with the Miracle Gro to see to the trees and bushes, and the pots of ivy on the front porch really do need to be transplanted out into the yard, and the hummingbird feeders need to be taken out, etc. etc. etc. Today I'm doing taxes. frown

But I'm not actually *gone*, even if I'm not popping up visibly, and I don't think the other folks are, either.

Cheers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I too, have a sentimental attachment to this place. It was there when we needed it when ScifiVine started going away. Hostboard is the first place I go when I get online, before I go to any other board (as Nommy posted in the next post)

I personally didn't like the navigation at CZ, but some folks have told me ways to get around on CZ that make it easier to deal with. I personally do wish we weren't spread out as much as we haave become.

CZ posting and membership has increased while Hostboard has dropped off in posting. CZ has features that make it more condusive to "a community".

CZ is all private though and therefore makes it harder for the remaining stragglers to join us. If CZ Zocalo, Crossroads, and Sewing Circle, plus Hostboard posters were all in the same place, I think we would all be much happier.

So, basically, if we could have a kinda of public welcoming area at CZ to make joining us more easily accessible and AsIs feels likes she's putting in a redundant effort by maintaining this board I would not be hurt if she decided that her efforts would be better spent in the more active communities, although I would miss this place greatly.

[This message has been edited by sindatur (edited April 10, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PErsonally, I come here to check things out before I go to CZ or any other place. Its like a home plate.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

(hugs Azziz)

I see this as my place to discuss B5 and the like.

I also like the fact that it is a public board. I don't think I would be comfortable if the main gathering place for our group of madmen was an invite only board.

Overall I would say that posting is down at all the various places people are posting. I think some of that is because that people ended up being in so many places.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

crazy a, so start topics dealing with the books you have read. Many of the folks here read Sci Fi and would be willing to discuss books or find new books to read.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I enjoy posting here and would miss it if disbanded. I do feel a tad guilty over not posting as much as I'd like to.

Everyone seems to have migrated to many different places once we left SFS/SFV.

Another thing is, I have noticed in the past that with the onset of the warmer seasons, a slight drop off in posting has occurred, at least on some of the boards I used to frequent, such as the SAGA. That in fact is one reason for my slowdown in posting. Past three days here it has been warm enough to do needed chores outside for Spring, which cut into my 'quality time'.

Still, there has been a slowdown.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and I think people are deciding what to do. After the move from Pathfinder we lost a fair number of people. Leaving the site ave them an oppertunity to make a clean break. I think that there is some of that going on here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I noticed a drop off, but I think it's probably cyclic. I also didn't have much to say regarding the Babylon 5 topics, as I've been housed at the Sheridan Hotel, and they don't have the SciFi channel. But, beyond that, I think my posting has increased. Maybe that's running everyone else off? Nah! tongue

------------------
    A person needs only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast