Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Wow! The Memory of War has more tie in's to the Technomage book than Well of Forever I think biggrin

When Galen threw his staff at the machine my jaw dropped.

Elric gave him that and he was bonded to it. Of course Dureena retrieved it for him, but wow. What a lose that would be for him! And how very much he owes Dureena now. It would have been nice to see more eps to see how he pays her back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah! The apocalypse box now tells Gideon not to trust Galen. Who *should* he trust?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

LOL, Absom it's Who do you trust I think that is the last question in the voiceover at the beginning *grin*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Absom, it might not have aired yet, but in one of the episodes, two tailors are sent out to redesign the uniforms. They design these awful uniforms, that the crew wears for the remaining episodes.

TNT didn't like the original uniforms, decided to change them. JMS was not very heppy about it, so he wrote the change into one of the episodes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I have to agree with AsIs, especially after reading the new technomage novel. The first time I saw this episode, the staff was a neat prop, nothing special. Now, for him to sacrifice it the way he did, had a much stronger effect. He was giving up a lot.
    And, yeah...Dureena has collected quite a few bonus points with her recovery of the staff. He made the extra effort to touch her hand when he received it from her. No telling what that touch will turn out to be.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, first things first. I love the beginning of Crusade in this original order. It is amazing and engrossing and makes you think to integrate the new plot ideas, but doesn't leave enough unexplained to be confusing. The executives at TNT are and shall always be half wits for messing around with JMS's intended introduction to the show.

Next, I remember that Matheson's black uniform (the one we will see later but in the original airing were seen first)had a psi corps symbol on one shoulder. The lines that made up the Psi were narrow, so the symbol was not anywhere near as obvious as the copper/bronze pins, but it was there. I haven't looked carefully enough to be sure about an insignia on the grey bellhop uniform.

Finally, I have a technomage question. Galen says he was asked to leave the order. He wasn't really expelled though, was he? Doesn't that mean getting stripped of your tech and dying if you have had it for more than a very short while? Do we know anything about a secondary level expulsion that doesn't include being flayed?

Just wondering if anyone else noticed.

Polly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

My comment about Matheson was more that the audience would not have known he was a teep up until that point.

Galen rocks. seriously, he rocks. It really is that simple. Almost as cool as Sinclair, almost but not quite. (grins)

PollyMath good question. I have no clue on that. Obviously he was not flayed so we know that he was not really tossed from the group. I am assuming everyone has seen Crusdaes before so I hope this is not a spoiler. There is an episode with another mage, Arwyn, were it is clear that Arwyn left the Mages when they left known space and he was not flayed.

I get the feeling that there is a differnece between being tossed out because you do not agree with the Circle's decisions and violating the Code of the Mages and being flayed. I would hope that this is something dealt with in the next novel.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah yes. I had forgotten about the tailors. This is sooo much better with the episodes in the correct progression. That's probably what caused me to forget JMS's uniform correction.

I'm actually enjoying it much more than I did the first time around. It was confusing and some things never did make sense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Timing is everything, Prof. Tonights episode was with Alwynn. Played by Peter Woodwards father, too. I missed the credit and can't remember his first name (Michael?).
    I noticed what might be a small inconsistancy, that being when Alwynn referred to Galen's father dying. In the novel, though, both of Galens parents (both technogages as well) died at the same time. Just seemed odd that Alwynn would mention just his father, when both parents passed on.
    However, I had to grin at the elder Woodward mentioning that a father always wants his son to surpass him. Sneaking a bit of real life in there I suppose.
    You remember Ta'lon? You recognize him as Captian Daniels? Without the Narn makeup, only thing that gave it away was the voice.
    And, I have to say, the uniforms in this episode are the better ones. Can't sucessfully mess with the great makers concepts. TNT must have that name for a reason...they blew it. smile

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ya know, Prof...I have to violently agree with you. Unless Marcus is involved, why bother with a movie about the rangers. However, maybe the better thing to do is a Ranger movie, show that it's a good thing to continue the Babylon 5 story, work out the kinks, then do a seriously good movie on the technomages. Ya know, do a rough draft, then produce a polished product. And, I hope when they do that movie, Edward Woodward plays Alwynn again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast