Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

There is no email sent by clicking on the banners here at Hostboard. Just click, give the site time to load, then kill it. That's all it takes for Hostboard to get the credit they need to keep this place afloat.

Also, if you have a modem connection, anytime you connect you can click on a banner and have it count. Time isn't a factor because your IP address is almost always different.

------------------
    The original ninja lesbian milk getter.
    Please click on that banner.
    The one called "brain" and "brandiflakes" and....
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    Life is what you make it.
    "For there is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."-Shakespeare, Hamlet
    "My hope is that one day our society as a whole will be able to look past gender and see the integrity of the relationship that lies beyond." --Jamie Brown
    ChatterBox

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's an interesting thing. Some time ago, when I first started clicking on the banners here, I noticed an increase in the number of attempted incursions my firewall was heading off. Out of curiousity I started typing in the URLs it was blocking, and found that when I could get access (sometimes I was denied, although "pinging" frequently revealed that the URL was active), the site from whence the probe had come was a foreign one. Japanese, Korean, that sort of language. And they were telecommunications companies.

Anyway, since I stopped clicking on the banners, these attempts have slowed to a bare trickle. A coincidence? I don't know. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hmmm...interesting. I haven't got a firewall, I'm just using NAT. On other sites I've had a lot of screens (pushes) pop up, coming in rather fast, too, but eventually they go away. Nothing like that from this site, though. However, because most incoming traffic gets tossed if I don't make a request for it, I don't see it. As you said though, it goes away when you stop clicking on the banners. YMMV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12