Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, we're over 100 on the original, so...

As ProfCrash so eloquently put it:

"Believe it or not, there are people on this site who have not seen Babylon 5. With Season 1 starting, and some prodding, this unfortunate situation will be changed.
    But, these poor souls may want a place to discuss what they see without having to worry about spoilers. So, no spoilers allowed in this topic.

I mean it, no spoilers. Of course I am probably going to accidently break said rule so feel free to chastise me when that time comes (grins)

For the Babylon 5 Initiiates, all I can say is buckle your seat belts and enjoy the ride."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

<u>Quality of Mercy</u> really got more into the "ethics" of life on Babylon 5. I loved watching Londo get cold chills (Ow! Man, that has to hurt!).
    Too bad, though, that the two actors from <u>Lost in Space</u> didn't get any common screen time (or conversation...imagine the subtle references!) Maybe with out the robot, it just didn't work. And, we get exposed to another "wonder" machine that leaves the question open if it'll be used again.
    But, the killer question is "death of personality". I suppose, though, if there's evidence 5 years down the road of a person's innocense, there'd be a means to "restore" some or all of the personality. Still, on heck of an interesting way to deal with hardened criminals.

------------------
    A person needs only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, this was a really fun ep to watch. I mean, the sexual life of the Centauri's got to be REALLY complicated! And do you get the feeling that Mollari's a bit discomfited to be in Lennier's debt?

The exploration of values on these B5 shows really challenges the normal way of thinking, and I sure do wish more shows were like it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interrupter motor. A friggin' interrupter motor! Geez, what they won't use for props.
    Ok. I had to laugh afterwards.
    Garibaldi was checking out the cargo, and discovered a couple of jammers for the gold channel. Two of them, with gold contacts on the outside of one of the sides. That's what they were supposed to be. What they really were are interruptor motors for a phone system. An old phone system, none the less. You remember the phones that had square buttons along the bottom? One red one that was the hold button, and five more that would light when you selected that line, blink slowly for incoming calls, and flash when they were on hold? Well, back where all the phone equipment was that these phones were connected to was a shelf of plug-in cards that were assigned one per phone line. At the far right end of the shelf was a square plastic (clear) module that opened and closed sets of contacts, providing a blinking light circuit and a flashing light circuit. This was driven by a motor that ran constantly, and when the contacts wore out or the motor died, you unplugged this module and plugged in a new one. What was really printed on the end wasn't the frequency of the gold channel, but the Western Electric part number (or maybe Automatic Electric...ITT, Stromberg Carlson).

The bad thing is it takes away from the story when you recognize it. Jammers? I don't think so.

------------------
    A person needs only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to admit, I prefered the Lennier/Londo interaction to the main story in this episode. Watching Lennier learning about Londo's life is priceless. Londo nearly feedign Lennier alcohol, the strippers, the poker game, the look on Sinclair's face when Lennier said it was his fault....

(grins)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, and Delenn is all wrapped up with herself. And, I'd forgotten that we got to see Mordens associates in season 1, of all things. Oh, yeah. That screaming ship. Too bad I can't say who the pilot was, eh?

biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

gee thanks Wizz for spoiling the moment for the rest of us (evil grin)

OK, can Sci Fi just re-air season 1 again. Do we have to move onto season 2?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Garibaldi gets shot in the back, that had to hurt. Makes me think back to Walker Smiths reminder to Garibaldi in TKO "Watch your back"

So Santiago is dead, Clark is the President (with many chins), and all hell is about to break lose.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

TKO was a good episode. It was a good break through for Ivanova's character and was a nice nod tothe diversity of human faiths in existence during that time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK I am handing in my excuse for not writing recently, and it's right along the lines of "the dog ate my homework" except in this case it's "a window ate my homework."

Last Friday I was chatting with PC and writing up my impressions of Season I (I was sad it was over, in a way) and I was REALLY on a roll, when *POOF* the window I was writing in was GONE. PC will tell you I swore a blue streak and went off to sulk.

I still haven't had enough coffee to reconstruct my lost line of thought, so be kind to me.

------------------
    The Red Witch
    True Names by Vernor Vinge
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast