Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks AsIs, loved those pics. Nice to see that Vir has kept that boyish figure. Garibaldi should consult him about his diet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also had a great time at the con, though it would have been great if Vamp had been able to stay a little longer. The highlight was definitely the seminar room. Asis, Vamp and I managed to get spots sitting on the edge of the platform of the second row of seats, so we were right up front but not completely sitting on the floor. Walter Koenig was great. He had a session all to himself, and he looks great. When he was done, we decided we didn't dare give up our spots which turned out to be a good choice.

Stephen Furst, Jerry Doyle, Richard Biggs, Marjorie Monahan, Carrie Dobro, and Julie Caitlin Brown participated in the B5 pannel. Jerry Doyle is congenitally unable to shut up. What a talker! There did seem to be a real friendliness among the cast members. I thought that Julie was a little possessive of the whole thing given that she quit after such a short time, but that is just my take on it. Evidently Pter Jurasik was there on Firday night, but we didn't see him.

Mira Furlan skipped the panel, but was out in the tent signing and chatting with people. I didn't get out there until the end of the day, and she seemed wiped out, very tired. But I did get the press photo of her from the off-broadway play she did signed and told her that I had tried to get some more publicity for the show.

Carrie Dobro wanted us to publicize her new website/free fan club. The site is.....wait for it...yes, you guessed it:
    www.carriedobro.com

Hey, she asked us to mention it, we promised, check it out and if there is a sign in book, say you heard about it from someone who attended the Chiller Con.

Over all, this was a very crowded con. The hallways were narrow. It was hard, almost impossible to move around in the dealer's rooms and so much of it was horrow related that there wasn't as much scifi stuff as I would have liked. On the flip side of that, the fact that it was in a hotel meant that the bathrooms were perfectly clean - a big plus.

Overall, a good time was had by all. It is good to know that this thing exists so close to my home and goes on twice a year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Carrie also encouraged us to write SciFi to resurrect Crusade. She seems to think it has a chance. And reading some stuff at SciFi, it seems like it might have a chance if the fans are vocal enough. smile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12