Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK I have a question that I would like folks to think about and answer honestly.

How do you feel about the PATD?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It has been ages since I have really played in the PATD. Why? Because it has become so repetitive. I get the feeling that we are in a rut.

Someone does something, someone else automaticly fixes it with a spell. If it is Merle the spell goes wrong and Nommy uses the Key of Light to fix it. (yawn)

Something is missing and I don't know what it is. But I do know that if the spanking chair gets brought out one more time I am going to flip.

Its just not fun to play in there. Is it because people have gotten bored with the environment? People are feeling scattered? Whats happen to us?

We used to be fun. We used to write bizare storylines that lead to even more weird fixes that made all of us laugh.

Am I the only feeling this way? If so I'll shut up and just post in the B5 topics. If not, I would like to figure oiut what is happening so that posting with everyone can be fun again. Not that discussing B5 isn't fun but even I don't think that is all that we should be doing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't post there much at all anymore. With posting so sporadic, it's hard to really get things going. There's no harm in leaving it there, and when there's something you feel like participating in, go for it. I haven't posted in this PATD for a couple months, I'd bet, without looking.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And personally I thought it was pretty damned funny when Valen turned Crash into a nymph, but she, as is her right, objected to that, so the story went nowhere. Seems no one likes being turned into something anymore, and won't play along, or just doesn't want to explore possibilities of things going haywire.

And, pardon me for saying it, but so many folks who really made the PATD fun are not around or playing, even though we may be glad of that. But I'm thinking Q and Boikat for two. AsIs doesn't post, and she was so much of it in the past. Piscea, CosmicThing, tandara, Valen hardly ever, ditto Ran, Nommy and myself rarely anymore. Maybe we've all drifted away, or maybe really have played out the bar scene. If we all recall, PATD was pretty stagnant at SFS. The last storyline going on there was actually the bears' vacation. The fugitive story of Ran and Valen petered out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I never could get into it. Most likely cause is I came into the fold so late. Then again, I've never been one for RPG, and PATD sure seemed to be one, abeit one with few or no rules. Maybe it's run it's course. Or, everyone has changed directions a little, and it's no longer in focus. Kind of like posting on CZ, I suppose. Or, even here.

The other possiblity is that everyone is waiting for something to happen, and then react to it. If you don't just do something to stir things up, pretty soon everyone is standing on the side, waiting for someone (who never shows up) to do something.

Just my $.02 worth

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, I'd agree with Wizz on the last point, as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Merle, I agree with you it has become stale. I guess my question is how do we get people back posting again.

I would love to be more active but I am not going to go for becoming a skimply clad wood nymph no matter how amusing other people find it. Anyone who has goofed off with me over the years knows I don't go for that so why it was tried I don't know.

That is not to say that there aren't other things that we can do. Or that there shouldn't be other things that we can do.

Would starting a new topic, not the PATD, help? After all, the PATD has been around for 7 years there is only so much that you can do with one idea or one topic.

Or are people just burnt out of all of this altogther? If the later then I can stop worrying about it and just post B5. I do miss the goofing off and would prefer to find a way to get that going again then abandon it as a whole.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have never participated in that game so probably should hold my thoughts. However, as Wizz said, there is a general slackening at all of the sites. Perhaps after 7 years we've all grown too old to have fun. I certainly hope that's not the case. CZ is practically moribund and the only activity here is on the B5 topics. Maybe when the new Babylon thread picks up, we will be rejuvenated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The issues as I see them.

1. We are too spread out. I log into too many sites, find so little posting at all of them that I get depressed or lethargic and don't end up posting much at any. We don't need to be at *one* board, but we are dividing the same things among too many right now. Which was why I brought up the idea of closing this board awhile back. I don't care where we are, I just want us to have fun as a group again. Maybe dividing content among two or three boards would work. I'm open to ideas.

2. Old topics while they carry memories, also carry baggage for me. I have fond memories of the PATD and while I would like to post and have fun, I seem to stall at PATD. You are/were right Merle, part of PATD for me will always be Q, Meribor, Jane, Moyra, Boikat, Starbright, etc. What's the saying, "You can never go home again..." I'd be up for trying a new tradition if others what to.

3. Change is hard. I think a majority of people are lurking right now, trying to figure out what is going on. Lurking is fine and I don't want to discourage it and I am not saying it is bad. But we may all end up lurking to the demise of our group. And that would be a shame. We are not the same group we were at Pathfinder and we never will be. We are not the same group we were at SciFiSites and we never will be. We are not the same group we were at SciFiVine and we never will be. But we can regroup, add new people and become something just as good, just different if we can decide where.

My three cents I guess.

I'd like to maintain some prescence here for one, no two reasons. One because it is a open board and we can make new friends. And two many have said they have something of a attachment to it at this point and I think that is important. But it is up the group en mass what we do. I'm am open to discussion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Prof asked how do we get people to post again. Answer is: we post. Don't wait for the other people to, just do it. There's no doubt here that we're ever short of replies and further discussion. What we've been lacking is the initial "start". Even starting with a question of what to do with PATD or as Asis indicated, this board, has generated a number of posts, causing this to become a busy place again (which, everyone might agree, is a good thing and what we were hoping for).

I believe what happens here and other posting places is that we all participate until we run out of "replies". If there are other locations to check out, and we pursue them looking for places to contribute to. Lurking probably slows the place down, too.</p>

I like having one place to go to, and despite the lack of a few items, this place seems good for me. Next step is settling in with the group here, or "regroup" as Asis put it. And, maybe you guys have the PATD figured out...the cohesion for that has diminished so much that the ones left just can't keep it together anymore. Like Londo would say "Back in the old days...!" Starting something new is an interesting challenge, but not beyond the abilities of this group. Also, maybe PATD and the traveling Bears are like books. There's a lot of pages, but eventually, you reach the end. Time to start a new one. When the time is right, and everyone is ready. In the meantime, if you see a topic that's begging for renewal, put a post in it. The way this group is, there'll usually be a response.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast