Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Draal may or may not have a couple of methods to track Shadows in hyperspace. However, I'm sure he has a couple of things that Sheridan and crew didn't figure on that he would have. Still, a word to Draal up front, and even assuming he doesn't know about them coming, when they do show up, I'm pretty positive he would have given the Shadow vessels a hell of a wake-up call. Even with the amount that showed up at the station during Sheridan's conversation with Justin.
    You don't keep a temporal rift open that far away (it takes a fighter 3 hours to get to that place in sector 14) for that long without some interesting power source. Even without considering a beam weapon, popping each Shadow vessal off to some point in the future or past at that close range would be a walk in the park. The "ginzu" beams would be ineffective against the Great Machine should the Shadow's go after the planet. The force field is too thick for those beams to reach the surface, let alone that far underground.

Besides, Zathras has been taking care of the machine for some time. You really think a small detachment of Shadow vessels would cause damage on a system Zathras maintains? Zathras not lead an exciting life...certainly won't have an exciting death...symetery, yes, but no excitement.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

OK After watchign Atonement I have a question. How is it that Delenn, Entilzah, is required to do what she is told by her Clan? How is it that Neroon, a member of the Grey Council, is still sub-servient to Shakari, not a member of the Grey Council?

I don't get the Minbari, especially in this area. I can see people questioning Delenn's decision to marry Sheridan. I see the Grey Council doing so, after all the Council oversees all of Minbar, including the Rangers. I can see Neroon answering to another member of the Warrior Caste but only one of the three Senior members of the Greay Council.

How does he become Sati without being the head of one of the Military Clans? That is like selecting a Head of the Joint Chiefs who is suborniate to the various branches of the militray he is to over see.

I don't think we have enough to answer the question but I do think we know enough to kick around the question.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Rules were broken when Neroon took Delenn's position on the council. Everything pretty much went all to hell in the Minbar political system.

At this point in the story, the Religious and Warrior castes are basically at war. From what we have seen, ever since the decision to stop the Earth-Minbari war, the Warrior caste has not been controlled by the council.

Filling Delenn's position needed a yes man, not someone high up. Neroon's job is to vote with the party and secure the majority vote. Period.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

But once Nerron was there he was a full fledged member of the Council and not a simple yes man. When you get down to it, there are very few Yes Men in the ruling bodies of any political organization. The Yes Men tend to be the deputies who are there to stroke their bosses.

Not to mention, that Neroon could not have been appointed by the Warrior Caste alone. I would imagine that in order for Neroon to take his place on the Council, that at least 5 members had to support removing Delenn and appointing Neroon. Meaning, two members of the Worker Caste were involved.

The only thing that I can think of is that on Minbar there is such emphasis on serving the whole that even those in the highest postions understand that their power in one arena does not extend to another. But that seems weak to me. Neroon clearly had to accept Delenn's ruling in Legacies, so Delenn was able to use her power as Sati to overrule the ambitions of at least part of the Warrior Caste.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've got a question for you B5 experts. We've been searching through our tapes for a particular episode and can't remember the Title. Would much appreciate it if someone could tell me the name of the episode with Londo's wives. our tapes are all marked with the titles and I know we must have it, but this search is getting tedious.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, Absom. It's "Soul Mates." Don't be impressed; I had to look it up. smile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12