0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great, Sycamore. Good for you.

I love it when a plan comes together.

------------------
    Do not tempt the patience of Wizzards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

*hugs* That is GREAT to hear!

------------------
    Selah

The bridge between life and death is love.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Syc,

That is WONDERFUL!

Now that we have good news on the important health front, I'm going to go back to the less important one - the saga of my brother's guinea pig. I really didn't want to talk about it when we had a real person waiting to hear on a health problem.

Koa started to loose weight again. She was rushed to the vet and had to be anesthetized so the doctor could really take a long look at her teeth. Seems there was more of a problem than there had seemed to be. She got a good tooth filing and a prescription for high calorie, syringe fed mush. Her weight has stabalized on the mush and once her teeth grow in a bit, she has high calorie pellets to eat. Other problems (believe me, you don't want the details) seem to be clearing up as well. I have had to handle a few panic stricken phone calls from the daddy, but nothing too bad. Looks like the piggy won't die after all.

And I am curious about one thing. People at my office are falling like flies to the flu this year. Is it bad in the rest of the world, or just this corner of New Jersey? I, knock wood, am tired, but have not yet been sick. Feels like a time bomb, though. Oh, and people treat me like I'm sick because I have ben doing a lot of allergy related sneezing. On the other hand, I can actually see about 50% of the surface area of my kitchen table now.

Think healthy thoughts everyone.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Syc,

That is WONDERFUL!

Now that we have good news on the important health front, I'm going to go back to the less important one - the saga of my brother's guinea pig. I really didn't want to talk about it when we had a real person waiting to hear on a health problem.

Koa started to loose weight again. She was rushed to the vet and had to be anesthetized so the doctor could really take a long look at her teeth. Seems there was more of a problem than there had seemed to be. She got a good tooth filing and a prescription for high calorie, syringe fed mush. Her weight has stabalized on the mush and once her teeth grow in a bit, she has high calorie pellets to eat. Other problems (believe me, you don't want the details) seem to be clearing up as well. I have had to handle a few panic stricken phone calls from the daddy, but nothing too bad. Looks like the piggy won't die after all.

And I am curious about one thing. People at my office are falling like flies to the flu this year. Is it bad in the rest of the world, or just this corner of New Jersey? I, knock wood, am tired, but have not yet been sick. Feels like a time bomb, though. Oh, and people treat me like I'm sick because I have ben doing a lot of allergy related sneezing. On the other hand, I can actually see about 50% of the surface area of my kitchen table now.

Think healthy thoughts everyone.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Polly,

Other Coast reporting in on the flu...

October through December the flu was rampant here in Sacramento CA, I fell to it for 3 or more days at a time at least 3 times everyone in the office was passing it back and forth. Talked to an emergency room triage nurse Monday and she said she had seen 50 people that evening with flu symptoms (That's pretty bad folks going to Emergency for the flu). Also got an email from someone on this side of Canada a few days back that has just gotten over the flu and she said it's been awful in her neck of the woods as well.

You guys getting pollutants from the WTC site that are adding to your woes as well?

------------------
    Sindatur - The Grey owl Wizzard

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nope, no WTC air quality problems here. There are some parents protesting the re-opening of an elementary school that is very near the sight, but they are right on top of it. And really, the fires are out and most of the debris is gone. I think the folks doing the sorting are the ones who are most at risk now.

New Jersey never had an air quality problem from the Trade Center. The prevailing wind patterns took most of it over Brooklyn. When I finally got home on the afternoon of September 12th, there wasn't even any residue of the leaves of the local shrubbery, and I live right across the Hudson (and a little north) of ground zero. I was able to smell the smoke for a day or two the following week (the wind changed) but that is about it.

Now, as for people who were actually there, I am sure many of them are more sick this year than they otherwise would be. People who got caught in the debris cloud have been suffering ever since, and if they didn't go to a doctor within 24 hours, they are cut out of the compensation fund. I think that stinks. The people without medical insurance who are exactly the ones who are likely to have waited the longest.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Syc, that is great news to hear!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Syc, that is great news to hear!

------------------

Inactive Member Sycamore Evenstar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, all! Mmmmmmm! It's great! A little "ouch" I can live with!

So kind, Polly! But really don't feel bad--it was nice to have something else to think about, even if it was something sad. Glad to hear the little guy/gal seems to be getting healthier!

Almost no flu here all winter, though there were a couple of nasty colds going around for a while. Right now, even that is pretty quiet. We have almost no chronically ill lung patients in the hospital with exacerbation of symptoms--a sure sign the flu is quiet.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I keep waiting for Polly to post. She called me last week (or the week before?) with good news and I keep waiting to see it posted here. Is there a statute of limitations on good news from a friend?

Last week was mid-term week for me. I had a test or quiz in every class almost every day. I'm hoping things are going to mellow out now that we are between mid-terms and finals. As I type this, I'm hiding from my Network Essentials review for a 2-chapter test tomorrow on network protocols and connectivity! (Bee repeats her new mantra..."The OSI model is your friend. The OSI model is your friend.")

Later, kids. The cat is about to gnaw off my leg as it's seven minutes past his dinner time.

P.S.New photo of Andy.

------------------
    MightyLady of the Flame Red Hair
    "Mobius strippers never show you their back side."