Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Absom, don't worry 'bout it. New Star Trek series always start off like that. Wooden, setups you can see a mile off, etc. Everything you said. Think of Spock in "Menangerie" (too lazy to look up the spelling). Or, (drumroll) Janeway! Good grief...
    You know, I think every first season for a show is a bit ragged. It takes a bit of routine before the actors get into the groove, so to speak. Shoot, even Babylon 5 took a bit to get into rythmn. Difference there was the story line was much, much better, and you weren't so focused on the characters. Watch a season 1 episode, then Objects at Rest. Noticible difference, IMHO.

------------------
    Do not tempt the patience of Wizzards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

RATZ! I don't think I get the channel, so I guess I'll have to get along without the Enterprise. Is Enterprise exclusively on UPN? Until I checked tonight, I had been under the impression that one of my satellite channels had this covered. It's always somethin??

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I finally watched the Premier last night and I thought it was pretty good. Yes, its new and needs to find its own groove and I can see such great potential here.

WHile I do not want to nit pi ck yet on details, I do wonde whether those were phasers or lasers coming out of the ship. Looked like Phasers to me. Hmmmm

I liked the time dialation effect when the sulaiban wen tot shoot Archer, he got out of the way of the main "phase" power of the hand phaser. Cool effect.

LEt us not tear this series apart before it even begins. From what I saw so far...It will be a good series.

One more comment though, some people are right...the doctore is a major cross between Neelix and the Holographick doctor (Zimmerman). He probably studied bot characters...Personally, I like the mix.

------------------
    Nommy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For folks who missed the premiere--see if you have a combined UPN/WB channel. In Gainesville, it aired at 10 p.m. Thursday, September 27 intead of on Wednesday.

My reactions: Well, I've seen the word "retread" used a lot about the premiere and I kind of agree. I like the Starfleet/Vulcan tensions, and the look and feel of the ship, and Z. Cochrane's speech about how the Warp 5 engine would allow us to "seek out new worlds and new civilizations." The crew also works well as an ensemble and that's a good sign. But I was real unhappy to discover this whole "temporal cold war" theme right in the first episode. I am so sick of time travel stories. I would actually prefer to see this crew based on earth, and making periodic ventures into space. I guess that would be more like DS9.

Dr. Phlox is a potential fly in the ointment. Too similar to Neelix for my tastes. Frankly, there hasn't been a really good doctor since Bones.

All in all, I think I am looking forward more to the Ranger movie and the return of Farscape.

iz

------------------
    "Close your mouth, Michael, we are not a codfish."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I guess there is only so many directions that any scifi series based on Star Trek can take. Considering this is the beginning of Starfleet, basically.... The characters are not so regimented or military. The actors do definately seem to be at ease with one another.

Once again, I say that we give them the season to see what they can come up with. Youall know that fan criticism helps.

------------------
    Nommy

Inactive Member Sycamore Evenstar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bottom line, I'm enjoying Enterprise. But like Iz, I'm very much looking forward to Rangers and FarScape. I simply don't mind OD-ing on TV Sci Fi! It's like I love 70% chocolate, but I'll gladly share a Hershy bar with you!

A couple of days after watching the opener I happened to see a Classic ST ep. Spock was eating with his fingers. But then he is half human...

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, syc, but the real question is:

who the hell would take bread sticks into outer space?

"Excuse me, sir, but you're going on a three month voyage into deep space. Anything in particular you would like the galley to stock?"

"Well, dammit, make sure we have plenty of breadsticks."

Sheesh. I would have taken slim jims.

------------------
    "Close your mouth, Michael, we are not a codfish."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I like the new series, we'll see how it gels, usually takes me a bit to warm up to a series.

------------------
    Selah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Hey iz! The future must be a wonderful place, eh? Breadsticks in space! ROTFLMAO!!!!

------------------
    ?When I take action, I?m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It?s going to be decisive.?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YEAAAAAHHHHHH! Crash has arisen! LOL

Welcome to Scifiville Crash. Since most of the other sites, except SpeculativeVision is offline, dis be da place!

------------------
    Nommy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast