0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Welcome back, Bmat.

------------------
    Do not tempt the patience of Wizzards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Missed you, girl. Welcome home, Bmat. smile

------------------
    absom

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks like this topic may be needed again, unfortunately.

I never cried when my father died, because it was a slow process, and he was always so strong, and expected me to be strong too.

But events such as today's and those on September 11th always bring tears to my eyes, because there is that unceertainty as to whether those you know are safe or not. Knowing that others there are dying, and that you cannot help, nor even see what is happening there. Such frustration!

I sincerely hope that as many as possible in the Rockaway Beach area survived healthy.

With the Anthrax problem too, this all seems to much for one country to bear.

My thoughs are with you all.

------------------
    There is note fate but that we make

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Polly and I live in NJ so I am ok, hopefully she is as well. I have checked in with some ex-Cybersiters in Queens and they are ok but rattled.

All of this is so damn unsettling.

------------------
    Selah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm fine. But I must admit that when the internet at work started to slow down and then I couldn't get onto cnn.com there was this awful and familiar feeling in my stomach.

I very quickly called Mom and brother to tell them it was the same drill as last time, I would let them know if I couldn't get home that night. Fortunately, the bridges and tunnels all opened long before it could become a problem for me.

I ache for the communities hardest hit by this one, the Dominican community of Washington Heights, the people of the Dominican Republic, and the people of Rockaway who had to live through an airplane crashing into their neighborhood.

And my parents are flying to the east coast this weekend. My mom is never finds flying easy. I guess she will just have to grit her teeth, hold onto my dad's hand and do it.

Thanks for the concern of all here for those of us who are living so close to the recent disasters. It makes you appreciate the normal functioning of life so much more. Just being able to rely on the mail again would be great.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Well, I for one am glad you're both ok. Maybe it's like having an earthquake, only turned around. Not the terrorist BS, the disaster(s). Here, you have to call folks outside your area because the phone communications are biased to making outgoing calls during an emergency. Probably the same there. You're pretty sure everyone you know in the disaster area is probably ok, but it's really neat to <u>know</u>. Thanks for the update.

------------------
    Do not tempt the patience of Wizzards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234