Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

If you have something to post, but none of the existing topics appear to handle it, post it here!

Anything VI appears to have drifted off in the ether

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bragging rights...

Yup. As some of you may remember, last year about this time a friend of mine (Tony) and I were first place in the Hayward(CA), Bakersfield(CA), Laughlin(NV) air race. Short version: we impressed even ourselves at our very low score.

This year, we entered again, same plane, pretty much the same route. Short story: 9th place. However...
    Tony has won before with another pilot 6-7 years ago. Since there were a couple of people consistantly winning year after year, they decided that once you won twice, you were put in a Masters class, to compete with only other Masters. In this class, there is a perpetual trophy, plaques for the pilot and co-pilot only for first place (and a nice tidy sum in a white envelope). This year, we were one of three planes in this Masters class. We won. Yeah, it doesn't say much for those flying in the Masters class if the 1st place winner only manages to get 9th overall. But, hey...the winning envelope sure paid off a large chunk of the operating expense of flying this year.

One nice touch, though...each year the winning plane from the previous year is the one on the T-shirt everyone gets for participating. Bragging rights "Hey, did you know that is <u>our</u> plane you're wearing?" Naturally, I had to pickup an extra shirt [img]biggrin.gif[/img] .

Arrogance? At the awards ceremony, and prior to knowing any of the results, I was wearing a "No Fear" T-shirt with the wording on the back:
    Blessed are the
    Losers
    For they determine
    the Winners

Going up to get our plaques, I could hear some small bits of laughter. You know that feeling you get when you realize you did something you shouldn't? *sigh*
    I got nothing but positive comments about my shirt, but next year, I think I'll leave it at home.

Coming home, the alternator died, and it was raining in the bay area, so we didn't make it all the way back to Hayward. Had to stop in Livermore, which is 15 miles east of Hayward. But, made it back in one piece, and am ready for next year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, that's excellent, Wizz. Sorry congratulations are a little late, business has been booming. Keep your flaps tucked in! [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, Ery.

As it turned out, we landed with the flaps tucked in when we got to Livermore. Normally, you extend the flaps to land, but extending the flaps could have drained the battery such that the radio wouldn't work anymore. Ah, life...you either ride the merry-go-round, or the roller-coaster.
    Roller coasters are fun!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad to hear it, Wizz! Bet you're still feeling good.

Now that you're down on the ground, it's time to take the What D&D Character Are you Quiz and see if you live up to your rep!

For the record, I am a Chaotic Good Elf Mage Bard [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good quiz! Apparently I am a neutral good, half-elf ranger fighter. Which sounds good to me!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Ranger Fighter

<u>Alignment:</u>
    Lawful Good characters are the epitome of all that is just and good. They believe in order and governments that work for the benefit of all, and generally do not mind doing direct work to further their beliefs.

<u>Race:</u>
    Humans are the 'average' race. They have the shortest life spans, and because of this, they tend to avoid the racial prejudices that other races are known for. They are also very curious and tend to live 'for the moment'.

<u>Primary Class:</u>
    Rangers are the defenders of nature and the elements. They are in tune with the Earth, and work to keep it safe and healthy.

<u>Secondary Class:</u>
    Fighters are the warriors. They use weapons to accomplish their goals. This isn't to say that they aren't intelligent, but that they do, in fact, believe that violence is frequently the answer.

<u>Deity:</u>
    Mielikki is the Neutral Good goddess of the forest and autumn. She is also known as the Lady of the Forest, and is the Patron of Rangers. Her followers are devoted to nature, and believe in the positive and outreaching elements of it. They use light armor, and a variety of weapons suitable for hunting, which they are quite skilled at. Mielikki's symbol is a unicorn head.

Find out What D&amp;D Character Are You?, courtesy ofuserinfoNeppyMan (e-mail)

Detailed Results:

Law & Chaos:
    Law ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Neutral - XX (2)
    Chaos --- (0)

Good & Evil:
    Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
    Neutral - X (1)
    Evil ---- (-2)

Race:
    Human ---- XXXXXXX (7)
    Half-Elf - XXXXXXX (7)
    Elf ------ XXXX (4)
    Halfling - (-3)
    Dwarf ---- XX (2)
    Half-Orc - XXX (3)
    Gnome ---- (0)

Class:
    Fighter - XXXXX (5)
    Ranger -- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Paladin - XX (2)
    Cleric -- XXX (3)
    Mage ---- (-1)
    Druid --- (0)
    Thief --- (-6)
    Bard ---- XX (2)
    Monk ---- (-4)

Man I was close to being an Elf.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 08, 2002 10:51 AM: Message edited by: ProfCrash ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I Am A: Chaotic Good Gnome Ranger Bard

Chaotic Good characters are independent types with a strong belief in the value of goodness. They have little use for governments and other forces of order, and will generally do their own things, without heed to such groups.

Gnomes are also short, like dwarves, but much skinnier. They have no beards, and are very inclined towards technology, although they have been known to dabble in magic, too. They tend to be fun-loving and fond of jokes and humor. Some gnomes live underground, and some live in cities and villages. They are very tolerant of other races, and are generally well-liked, though occasionally considered frivolous.

<u>Primary Class:</u>
    Rangers are the defenders of nature and the elements. They are in tune with the Earth, and work to keep it safe and healthy.

<u>Secondary Class:</u>
    Bards are the entertainers. They sing, dance, and play instruments to make other people happy, and, frequently, make money. They also tend to dabble in magic a bit.

<u>Deity:</u>
    Baervan Wildwanderer is the Neutral Good gnomish god of forests, travel, and nature. He is also known as the Masked Leaf. His avatar is always accompanied by an intelligent, giant raccoon, named Chiktikka Fastpaws. His followers, like him, enjoy the outdoors and work to protect it and guard those who also enjoy it. Their preferred weapon is the halfspear.

Detailed Results:

Lawful Good ----- XXXX (4)
    Neutral Good ---- XXXX (4)
    Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXX (6)
    Lawful Neutral -- XXX (3)
    True Neutral ---- XX (2)
    Chaotic Neutral - XX (2)
    Lawful Evil ----- (0)
    Neutral Evil ---- (-5)
    Chaotic Evil ---- (0)

Human ---- (-2)
    Half-Elf - (-1)
    Elf ------ XXXX (4)
    Halfling - (0)
    Dwarf ---- XXX (3)
    Half-Orc - (-2)
    Gnome ---- XXXXXXX (7)

<u>Class:</u>
    Fighter - (-1)
    Ranger -- XXXXX (5)
    Paladin - (0)
    Cleric -- (-6)
    Mage ---- (-1)
    Druid --- (0)
    Thief --- (-3)
    Bard ---- XXXX (4)
    Monk ---- (-7)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool site...I think...See below LOL

Neutral Good Half-Orc Ranger Fighter
    Follower Of Mielikki

Alignment:
    Neutral Good characters believe in the power of good above all else. They will work to make the world a better place, and will do whatever is necessary to bring that about, whether it goes for or against whatever is considered 'normal'.

Race:
    Half-Orcs are a cross between a human and an orc. Generally, this kind of mating does not occur willingly, so half-orcs are almost never raised by a full set of parents. They tend to be less intelligent and attractive than humans, but are generally stronger and hardier. Violence is a part of their nature, and few half-orcs manage to overcome this to follow other professions. They are generally treated with disdain by other races, if not outright hostility.

Primary Class:

Secondary Class:
    Fighters are the warriors. They use weapons to accomplish their goals. This isn't to say that they aren't intelligent, but that they do, in fact, believe that violence is frequently the answer.

Deity:
    Mielikki is the Neutral Good goddess of the forest and autumn. She is also known as the Lady of the Forest, and is the Patron of Rangers. Her followers are devoted to nature, and believe in the positive and outreaching elements of it. They use light armor, and a variety of weapons suitable for hunting, which they are quite skilled at. Mielikki's symbol is a unicorn head.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
    Lawful Good ----- X (1)
    Neutral Good ---- XXXXX (5)
    Chaotic Good ---- XXXX (4)
    Lawful Neutral -- (-2)
    True Neutral ---- XXXX (4)
    Chaotic Neutral - XX (2)
    Lawful Evil ----- (0)
    Neutral Evil ---- (0)
    Chaotic Evil ---- (0)

Race:
    Human ---- (-2)
    Half-Elf - XXXX (4)
    Elf ------ XXXX (4)
    Halfling - (-1)
    Dwarf ---- (-2)
    Half-Orc - XXXXX (5)
    Gnome ---- XXXX (4)

Class:
    Fighter - XXXXX (5)
    Ranger -- XXXXXXXX (8)
    Paladin - XXX (3)
    Cleric -- (-1)
    Mage ---- (-1)
    Druid --- (-3)
    Thief --- (0)
    Bard ---- XXXX (4)
    Monk ---- (-1)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a Dwarf?!

Lawful Good Dwarf Ranger Fighter
    Follower Of Mielikki

Alignment:
    Lawful Good characters are the epitome of all that is just and good. They believe in order and governments that work for the benefit of all, and generally do not mind doing direct work to further their beliefs.

Race:
    Dwarves are short and stout, and easily recognizable by their well-cared-for beards. They are hard workers, and adept at stonework and engineering. They tend to live apart from other races; generally in deep, underground excavated systems, and as such tend to be distant from other races.

Primary Class:

Secondary Class:

Deity:

Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast