Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi! 'Member me?! Hope I'm still allowed in these parts!

The site looks great! Is there a way to see who is on?

It's been a very full 6 or 8 months--work, family stuff including major illnesses and deaths, and just plain stuff. I'm on vacation for four weeks (yeah!!!!), so hopefully will have some time to stop by occasionally between cleaning, painting, repairing, organizing and boxing!

Sounds like things are generally going pretty well for many of you. Great! Sorry to learn of your aunt's passing, Ian.

Fan--We learned after the fact that Win XP requires a lot of different (read, new, more $) peripherals. That was not appreciated after buying a new computer. Also, some software doesn't run with it, either. We've decided that when I finally upgrade to a 'puter built in the 21st century (!!), I'll use Win 2000 and the ton of old peripherals that we have ("Do I really need four printers?"). Just our uneducated experience.

Crash (aka, Prof Crash?)--NW Ohio?? I thought you were SE Mich. Are you now within a 5-mile radius of me? Shall we get together some time for coffee, etc?

BTW, are there any new B5 books on the horizon? The last ones I read were the Techno-mage series. And I'm definately in need of a fix!

See ya!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Sycamore,

Glad things are looking up for you.

Yes that Crash, is Prof Crash.

B5 books, Technomage Series is the last there was so far and nothing on the horizon but a graphic novel (haven't heard about it for awhile so I don't know when it's coming). Also the first 9 books (The ones before the trilogies) are being re-released starting with Book 7 The Shadow within, I believe in November (as a tie-in to the Technomage Trilogy), and then I believe Book 9 To Dream in the City of Sorrows is the next one to be rereleased

Regarding the users online, after logging in, look above the board, there's an ad banner, directly above that is a "Who's on Line" box.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yup I am teaching at Bowling Green for the year. Who knows, maybe it will turn into something permenant.

I wish there were more B5 books but the contract with Dellhas expired and there has not been any word about a new contract. If the books were of the same caliber as the the last three trilogies I would be extatic.

If you are looking for some good Sci Fi reading, I would strongly recommend the Enders Game series. I started a topic to discuss them here but I guess most folks have not read the books. Really good stuff.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually went to look for any of the books at a small bookstroe at South Station, but they did not have any. They did say that they had ordered some, but I dont know which one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nommy I bought them online. I know Amazon and Borders sells them. Most book stores that I have been in have Enders Game and Speaker for the Dead but not the others. Then again, most book stores I have been to have a crappy Sci Fi/ Fantasy section

Inactive Member Sycamore Evenstar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nuts! Sounds like things don't look very promising for more B5 books. I was looking forward to a G'Kar/Lyta series!

With the dearth of B5 books, I've been catching up on ST books, Harry Potter (there was even a HP discussion group at the Geriatric Society meeting this year!), and one I was finally able to get my hands on--Galatea 2.2. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get "into" it, which may have something to do with trying to read it at bedtime. Disappointing after hearing two reviews of it that sounded so good.

I must be on all by myself--I don't see any box below the banner ad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

<font face="georgia">Just incase anyone is interested, <u>Babylon 5</u> is cycling again starting on Tuesday, Oct. 22nd at 5:00 PM on the SciFi channel with The Gathering, Part I. Season 1 is supposed to be out in DVD this November, so it could be a moot point for those who have DVD players...the rest of the week is:
    The Gathering, Part II
    Midnight on the Firing Line
    Soul Hunter
    Born to the Purple
    Infection

</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Life is good. The library at BGSU is selling comic books from their collection. $.25 a book. There was Nexus, Power Pack, Uncanny X-Men (in the 100's), New Mutants, Dreadstar, X Factor, X Force, and much much more. I was well behaved today, I only bought 205 (grins)

This is going to be a good weekend

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL My god I got books from the Dark Phoenix saga for 25 cents. This is too cool. I am giddy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Damn Crash! That is a haul!! Way to go!!!