Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fantastic! Just a visit, or are you out there for a Con or something? I'm still in touch with her actually... The power of the internet again!

I'd love to meet some of you guys somewhen. Do you all ever do Cons together? Paul (husband) is touting for an American publisher at the moment, so we're talking about heading over to some SF and Fantasy cons the other side of the Pond.

That's the only bad thing about the net- no face to face conversations.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, haven't thought of Eilonwy in a long time. She was a very talented writer, and I enjoyed talking with her. Tell her hi for me, will you? And hope her health's holding up OK.

Baze, if you guys would start writing your characters again, I'd love to read them. I ejoyed the interactions, especially after the rifraff weeded themselves out.

I still remember a post Ei wrote, that included Sindatur. She described how he fluffed and preened while acting so superior to his human companions. Really great stuff. Love to read more from all of you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Azziz,

Send Eilonway my love as well. As Merle pointed out, she is a very talented writer and I too miss the opportunity to interact with her. She did love her owl bashing, didn't she.

Hope her health is good and stays so, I say the occasional prayer for her (and my other net friends) health.

Baze and all,

I would be interested in joining in, but could not be relied upon to be especially steady in the posting department.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I will pass on messages for everyone and take pictures! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

For those interested, I am going to finally get to meet, Eilionwy (I know I butchered the spelling) in August. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Hey, Ian. Don't think we didn't discuss that at some length. However, since we were 6 seconds off on our time, protesting wouldn't give us much, and basically the original protest improved the other pilot's time by 600 points (one point per second).

His time error on the first leg was 2 seconds to our 6 seconds, and his fuel was 0...no error. We were 9/10's of a gallon off for 90 points. If they'd taken 9 minutes off of his scored time and left it at 1 minute or 60 points, he would have won as well against our 9 seconds.

Deep down, I believe he deserves the placement, as he's quite good at this. The disappointment is being declared the winner, only to have it taken away.

Next year, I want to take it from him, no protests, no questions. We did it last year, we can do it again. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Hello Everyone, long time no see! I periodically watch your posts but when the site moved I had a hard time finding it. Rantarn was nice enough to tell me where the Zocolo was at. No wonder I had trouble finding it... book forums??

I have no idea if I'll post much, I don't write much over at PH either.. but I'll try to pop in from time to time.

I'll try and drag CT over too.. BTW she said to tell everyone hello!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

run/tackle/hug!

Great to see you tandara! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm sorry, I thought I emailed you two, but it might have been after my laptop crashed and I lost email addys. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Please send me your email addy and I will put it in my newish address book. Noone really posts a lot here, we are a slow lazy board for the most part so please do feel free to stop by whenever. *extra hugs*

Say howdy to CT for me. I haven't talked to her in ages. *hugs for her*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

A little late, but I'm a Lawful Good Half-Elf Ranger Paladin, Follower Of Mielikki.

Alignment:
    Lawful Good characters are the epitome of all that is just and good. They believe in order and governments that work for the benefit of all, and generally do not mind doing direct work to further their beliefs.

Race:
    Half-Elves are a cross between a human and an elf. They are smaller, like their elven ancestors, but have a much shorter lifespan. They are sometimes looked down upon as half-breeds, but this is rare. They have both the curious drive of humans and the patience of elves.

Primary Class:
    Rangers are the defenders of nature and the elements. They are in tune with the Earth, and work to keep it safe and healthy.

Secondary Class:
    Paladins are the Holy Warriors. They have been chosen by a God/dess to be their representative on Earth, and must follow the code of that deity, or risk severe penalties. They tend towards being righteous, but not generally to excess.

Deity:
    Mielikki is the Neutral Good goddess of the forest and autumn. She is also known as the Lady of the Forest, and is the Patron of Rangers. Her followers are devoted to nature, and believe in the positive and outreaching elements of it. They use light armor, and a variety of weapons suitable for hunting, which they are quite skilled at. Mielikki's symbol is a unicorn head.

There seem to be a bunch of us Mieliki followers around. We should have a party. What does Mieliki like to drink?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi all,

Just wanted to wish you all a most happy and prosperous 4th of July.

The Dom Perignon and crab legs are pulling up in the truck now, enjoy.