Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Um...hey, everybody. Some of you may remember me from visiting here last year, courtesy of Asis. Just thought I'd drop in and say anything, so...

HI.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

*Hugs* Good to see you Crazy! You hang out on IM anymore?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well...no. A while back I'd posted that we were having computer problems and I wouldn't be around much until we fixed it or got a new one. Well, we got a new one right before the HB switch-over and to be honest, I haven't bothered to see if I can use IM on it or not. But I have been contacted twice using the Private Message feature here. So you can do that if you want. (By the way, whateve e-mail address you have for me most likely goes to a computer I don't use anymore, so you might want to just get rid of it.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ah, ok, good to know!

*hugs* Good to see you bud.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ok, so how the hell are you doing Wizz? I'm still in retail hell, but took a few days off so I wouldn't go ballistic on our customers. Amazing what a little R&R can do!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi gang! No real updates from here. Life's pretty much the same, but could change in the near future. Oh, and I'm pretty excited about someone new moving to the Buckeye state! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

BTW, has anyone noticed just how ugly the Ohio quarter is? So many of the other states have really nice ones. Dunno who's responsible for this design, but expect it's Gov. Taft. Very poor taste, IMHO.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is the ugly design Merle? I haven't really paid attention to the designs on the quarters since the first 10 or so were released.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 12, 2002 10:03 AM: Message edited by: sindatur ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's an astronaut and the Wrights' airplane. I think the astronaut is supposed to represent John Glenn.

The airplane thing is more interesting. On the Ohio quarter it says "Birthplace of aviation pioneers". On the back of the North Carolina quarter is the first flight scene (one Wright flying, the other on the ground watching) and it says "First Flight". It's my understanding that Ohio and NC got into a bit of a pissing contest about whose quarter would show a "first" in aviation. Ohio said they should since the Wrights were from there and NC said they should since the Wrights actually flew there. So.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, you pegged it Crazy a. Ohio has been trying to lay claim to the Wright Brothers for several years now. They did some of their initial design work in their bicycle shop in Dayton, but actually flew in Kittyhawk. So Ohio tries to put both the Wright Flyer and a space guy on the quarter, with the outline of the state behind them. Difficult to tell what the things are unless you know.

And the space guy is probably a representation of both John Glenn and Neil Armstrong, I'm guessing, though I haven't seen anything official.

One other thing on the Wright Brothers: Ohio's license plates have had the slogan, "Birthplace of Aviation" for several years now. Really ticks off North Carolina, where they say, "First in Flight" I believe.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, everyone knows the drill. Ya'll come by to see if anyone has contributed to the topics, so you can read what's happenin'. Thing is, no one is posting, so there's nuttin to read. If you want some, you're gonna have to give some.

I need some eloquence, I know.