Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

All of our favorites (well most of them any way) are back. Who are you rooting for? Who do you want to see voted off as quickly as possible?

While spoilers abound, please keep them out of this topic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All Iw as thinking last night was "Please win this damn game fast Patriots". The season opener of All Stars did not disappoint. If you missed it, it will re-air on Tuesday at 8pm.

I love how they constructed the teams. Let me see, Tina hated Jerri in the OUtback, so put them on the same team. Jenna L dated ethan who dumped her for Jenna M, lets put them on hte same team. I love it.

My only nit pick is that I think all of the winners should have been placed on the same team to give them a slightly more even playing field. While I am not a big fan of Vecipia and Brian, if they had been invited, one team of six could have been all the winners. Since Vecepia and Brian were not even asked if they wanted to play again, why not put the four winners and two second place finishers on one team. Just a thought

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

They could have put the winners on the same team, but would have had trouble with putting second placers on same team. Colby and Tina had a alliance. Ethan and Lex had a alliance. I think they were trying to avoid alliances right off the bat.

That said, the make up of the teams is interesting. The Richard Hatch team seems to be made up of all control freaks. This team should be fun.

Ethan's team just spells trouble. And Rupert and Rudy are stupid for voting out Tina. 1. They could have counted on Ethan. 2. They just LOST a competition. Don't vote off a stronger player to keep a whiner. If Jenna hadn't *rode* the raft the entire way, they might have had a chance.

One bit of outside info, not a spoiler, unless you were waiting for Sue to die from drinking the water. Godfather Rob was quoted in TV Guide, talking about the Survivor Doctor being all worried because Sue was drinking the uncooked water and eating uncooked crabs. He didn't think the Doctor should have worried, "You need Silver Bullets and a Stake to kill Sue!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lex didn't finish second, he finished fourth. There was a problem during the immunity competition, he was right on who did not have any piercing, but Jeff had a different answer and said Lex was wrong, so Lex lost immunity. Trying to remember the name of the women who took Ethan to the final two, she won immunity. Since she was immune, Ethan, Lex, and Tom had to decide who to vote off. Ethan and Tom voted for Lex, Lex was gone.

Later, Lex insisted that his answer was correct. Had he been credited with a correct answer he would have tied with the women and could have won immunity in a sudden death competition. Since he was not able to, and was voted off as a sresult, he argued that he lost his chace to win the game. Had he won, she would have booted and the final three would have been Lex, Tom, and Ethan. Since she also won the final immunity, she blocked Tom from the final two. In order to resolve this problem, Tom and Ethan also won the second place money.

Still, Lex finished fourth in his season. While he and Ethan had an alliance, I think Lex would have taken Tom, and vice versa, into the final vote if they had a choice.

There is the problem that Ethan dated Jenna M. I am not sure if they were dating at the time of the show or not....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PS I think I need help, I am too interested in this show. Anyone know of a good twelve step program?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're a sick woman Crash, A very sick woman, LOL.

Seriously, I look up to your knowledge, since I didn't start watching Survivor until the Bryan/Clay season. So, I am familiar with name Colby (isn't he the one they busted when they thought he was off sneaking food?) and Jerri, but other than the last 3 series, I'm pretty clueless.

Of the folks I know, I like Shi Ann and Rupert.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 03, 2004 05:17 PM: Message edited by: sindatur ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Nah, Colby is the golden boy they rigged the competitions for. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Kel was the jerky boy. But he was framed by Jerri.

From Austraila, Colby and Tina were the finalists. Colby won the last several immunities, twice the rules were bent. (Once in plate breaking, once in rope trail, his hand left the rope.) Alicia was a no nonsense type player. She got in a fight with another chick who was invading her personal space. Amber had no personality, she was known as Jerri's lapdog. Jerri was the resident bi*ch for her season. Until Heidi and Jenna, she was most loathed. Tina was a gamer. Probably one of the better players we have seen. Her manipulations weren't so obviouss.

From first season, Richard, Rudy, Sue and Jenna. Richard was the manipulator. Rudy was the old crumudgen. Sue, hell on wheels. Spiteful is a word that comes to mind. And Jenna was the cry baby. She was bawling at least three times a episode. The time she strikes me as a bit bitter, but then being on a team with your ex-boyfriend after you have been dumped, can't be easy.

The Bryan/Clay season was probably the worst season. Hence them only bringing Shi-Devil.

From Africa, Ethan was a nice guy and actually won. Lex turned Psycho and they bounced him. He was a total control freak and became more paranoid as time progressed. Tom was a good ole boy. Lots of fun, he was.

That's off the top of my head.

And Crash, you're right. I was just remembering the Ethan/Lex/Tom alliance. Which seemed pretty tight. And yes, Lex would have given Ethan the boot. Ethan was the nice guy that season and Lex wanted to win.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thailand I found pretty boring but not as bad as Africa. Africa had some great contestants but in an awful environment. The tribes movements were really limited due to the wild life that would eat them if they went to far. I would have loved to have seen that cast in another environment.

Sindutar, what cast members are you least familiar with? Azziz and I can easily fill you in. You can also go to the CBS website and read the info there about the past seasons.

Azziz, Tina stated in interviews that Colby has a bum shoulder, he might go earlier then we think because he cannot do as much as he would otherwise do. (OK that is one crappy sentence...)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I know Shii Ann, Rupert (I like both of them), and that Scrawny Rob (who I immensely dislike), since they are from the last 3, and other than that, I've only heard names.

Actually we picked up a Star Magazine the other day (I know, Groan!!!!) and it's got all the players with their pictures divided into their teams, and a little blurb on each of them (The blurb is supposedly Jeff's analysis of how each may interact this time around)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The thing that's always amazed me is when the tribes vote off their strongest (either mental or Physical) players.

Personally, it seems to me, the best strategy is not to get rid of anyone who is a threat, until after the merge. Prior to the merge, you need your best folks to help you win the challenges for rewards and immunity.

I agree with you Prof Crash, it was sad to see Rudy go, but, it was the wisest decision for the tribe to make.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 06, 2004 01:53 PM: Message edited by: sindatur ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast