Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor8/index.shtml

The URl for CBS Survivor website. There are links to the past Survivors for reference

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Questions, questions, questions...

How the heck did Sabago manage to lose the lead in the immunity challenge. My god did they self destruct.

Am I the only one scared by the fact that Chapera (Rob M and Sue's team) is dominating the immunity challenges?

And did Mogo Mogo choose Richard to swim the last lap in the reward challenge only to keep him from standing on the beach naked?

Sorry to see Rudy go but he was the logical choice. I actually thought he would have been a better choice then Tina to go in the first episode. Rudy has a ton of heart and is not going to complain but he is not able to compete at the same level as the other competitor. I think last night he said that the competition was 1/3 of his age. More like 1/2 to 2/3. Rudy is 76 years old. Tina, Tom, Kathy and Richard are in their 40's. Ethan, Colby, Jenna, Jerri are in their 30's. The rest are in their 20's. In terms of endurance, Rudy is not going to be able to last long no matter how great shape he is in for his age.

I would have thought that Rudy would have been able to help with building the fire, scouting for food, the basic survival skills but he did not. It was clear that he was lagging behind in the challenges. It is a shame, because I really like Rudy but it was the most logical boot. I am glad to see that Rupert did not vote for Rudy. If Rupert is smart, he goes to Ehtan and says "I made a pact with Rudy that I would not vote for him. I knew there were enough votes to vote Rudy off so I voted for you." With the right explination, Ethan should be ok with the siutation and Rupert should be safe.

I get the feeling that we get to see the real Jerri next week. She has been working way too hard to be nice. I agree with Jeff Probst when he says that by the end of it, you see the core person. Jerri did not try and play the bitch in Australia, she was just who she was. Ever since then she has been trying to redeem herself (Surreal life anyone?). Next week, we get to see the true Jerri emerge. We already know that Rupert is a control freak, so no surprise there either. All I want to know is who broke the spear Rupert went fishing with...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

With Jerri and Jenna calling the shots, they are not thinking with stategy. They are operating from a place of spite. Jerri towards Tina, Jenna towards Ethan. Rudy and Rupert where stupid to side with them. Yeah, noone wants to see one of the previous winners win, but you don't get rid of them until after the merge. You have to go with stength to get to merge. Otherwise, none of you might make to merge and you are easy pickings.

But like a tribe that was self destructing before (Brian's, whatever season that was), they could still pull it out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brian was Thailand. A season so interesting they brought back only Shii Ann and didn't even ask Brian if he wanted to be on the show.

Thailand had batty Jane, who buried the dead bat and the chicken heads. Ghandia, who accused Ted of grinding her when they were sleeping. Helen who was obsessed with recipes. Clay who might have been a racist. Robb the skateboarding idiot. Ken the NY police officer (This season occured after after September 11 so people thought he would win). Jake who was the older man who put together the team of losers. The rest I really don't remember. I know that I missed the season finale and really didn't care, which is saying alot.

Aziz, agreed about Jerri and Jenna. I would have gotten rid of Rudy and then Tina if the tribe lost the second immunity challenge. I can't see them winning it with Tina there, since they had such a huge lead and blew it. The problem was with Rupert. He was allied with Rudy and would not vote Rudy off. Jenna was so loud in her vote off the winners strategy that Ethan and Tina were not going to talk to Jenna and Jerri about voting off the weakest link, Rudy. So Tina went. Tina is a better choice to go then Jenna or Jerri, who are stronger and more helpful in the challenges then Tina.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Wow.

Kudos to Jenna. When I heard she would be leaving in the spoilers, it was assumed that she left when her mother died. I'm very glad she got home before her mother's death. Their bond must have been very strong.

Could Rupert and Big Tom have been bigger jerks tho? Others may have been as insensitive, we had a phone call so I didn't see everyone's response.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I knew she had left before her mother died, I had assumed that her family had sent word that things had taken a turn for the worse and then she went home. I was surprised to see that she left with no updated info.

I thought Alicia was the least tactful. Rupert simply said it was a tough decision and Tom said he would not have gone home. Alicia was the one who said that Jenna made a bad choice and that she, Alicia, would not have agreed to play in the same situation. Then again, Kathy said the same thing in a private interview, I guess it is different because she was supportive of Jenna's decision when she made it.

I would have to say that I agree with Alicia, that she should not have come out to play the game. When the Amazon was being played, Jenna was talking about how worried she was about her Moms health. Many people actually think that is why she won, she received sympathy votes because people knew that she would use the money to help her mother.

Jenna's mom had been sick with cancer for 12 years. There was no doubt that the cancer would kill her, based on Jenna's own comments, the question was always when will it happen. Over the last couple of years, her Mom had become more and more sick. One year ago things were tenious. Jenna came to the Amazon, with her Mothers blessing, and won the game. That entire time she worried her Mom was going to die while she was in the jungle.

A year later, her Mom is getting more sick and has been moved to a cancer rehab center, which means hospice. My understanding of the hospice system is that it is a very loving, caring place for people who are dying to live their last days. There is 24 hour care, the staff is there to help take care of the residents but also to help the patient and the family prepare for the persons death. You do not go to a hospice unless you are close to dying.

There was every sign that her Mother was going to die in the near future, what was Jenna doing in Panama? I don't think it is necessarily wrong to ask that question. A bit more tactfully then Alicia did and at a different time, but it is a fair question to ask. I have a feeling that Jenna knows that and has asked herself that same question.

To her credit, Jenna admitted she made a mistake coming and the should not have agreed to play the game a second time. She made the correct decision in going home when she did. She was fortunate in that she had a week with her mother before she died. I feel for her. For 1/2 her life, Jenna had to deal with the possibility of her mother dying, that is something that I would not wish on anyone. I cannot imagine the pain that comes with growing up with a terminally ill parent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12