Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

For those of us who track various reality shows like Big Brother, Survivor, the Mole, etc. What are some of your favorite moments?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I have to say my all time favorite reality moment, is from Survivor 3. When Ethan, Frank, Teresa, Kim and Clarence threw the immunity competition in order to toss off Silas.

Watching Silas running his ass off trying to win, then cut to Ethan taking his time, not working up a sweat. Too too funny. From my armchair at home, prior to the competition I was thinking that it would be best if they lost so they could kick off Silas, but wasn't sure they had the b@lls to do it. But throw it they did. At no other time on Survivor has any team thrown a competition for immunity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, that was a truly great Survivor moment. That whole show didn't do a lot for Gen-Xers, did it? The kinda announced, "We're lazy, selfish and stupid, and proud of it!" Not that other Gen-Xers haven't been hardworking on other Survivors. But there always seem to be a generation gap, especially in work ethic.

How about when Jerri got voted out? "Check mate. You got me." Classic! I think the whole country cheered that one.

What do you think of the promo for this week's show?

Me, I'm a big fan of The Mole and Amazing Race, too. Watched Big Brother over the summer just because nothing else was on. At least Lisa won there. I'd have been very disappointed if Danielle had one. Goes to show you can't treat people that way and then expect them to give you half a million dollars! She shouldn't have acted so cocky in her diary room sessions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'm a big fan of The Mole. I like that rather than out and out pitting each player against the other, they have to work as teams. And that to win they have to figure out clues. The voting each other off gets to be a popularity contest or who has the best alliance. The Mole actually makes them think. I also think it would be a cool show to be on. They get to go a lot of cool places.

I'm glad Lisa won BB3 as well. There have been a lot of comparisons to Danielle playing the game that Will did last year. I think that is flat out wrong. Will never played that he was holier than the other players. He told them to their face not to trust him, that his strategy was to lie. Danielle claimed others were lying but she told the truth. Will was flat out funny in his DRs. If he slammed people it was the truth in a amusing way that they could forgive him for later.

BB2 wasn't a case of evil winning over good like many claim. Yeah, Will won in part for his strategy, but he also won the popularity contest portion of the game. Nicole was a nasty to a lot of people, including herself. She was a most cranky houseguest. I would have given Will the money just for spending those last few days alone with her. Will *almost* lost the game due to his speech at the end telling everyone to stuff it if they didn't like him. But in the end, noone wanted to give Nicole the money, making Will more like Lisa, than Danielle.

Josh and Danielle's plans were flawed. It isn't enough to play strategy, you also have to form bonds with people so they *want* to vote with you. You won't win the prize simply for being the most sneaky or annoying. If Josh had made it to the end as the person everyone wanted to go against (his plan) he would have lost as well.

Reality shows really are fascinating, because it all comes down to human nature. What are you willing to do to win money? How do you hold up in a high stress situation forced to co-habitate with a dozen strangers.

Survivor this year looks to be a knock-down, drag out. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personally, last nights Amazing Race had a moment that had me wishing I had recorded it and watched West Wing just so I could save this one clip. The Blonde Female Harvard Law students (that is how they bill themselves) are in a donkey cart trying to decide between sky diving and riding a slow donkey cart. As they stand up to exit the cart and return to the plane (it was close by) the cart falls down and the ladies end up falling on their faces.

I don't know, there was something very humerous and satisfying about watching two intelligent women who have decided to use the "we are stupid blondes strategy" fall flat on their faces. It made me laugh

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Last night's Survivor absolutely rocked! That the young punk tribe lost the reward because they kept breaking rules was just too funny! And I've grown to absolutely despise Robb. So watching him whine about losing was oh so funny.

The immunity challenge was great, too. I swear, Robb and Jed are so dumb! Robb couldn't find his own head with both hands and a flashlight. Jed: laziness and stupidity in one package. Wow. That tribe will be better when they've purged Jed, Robb and Stephanie. Shi Ann makes me laugh so hard!

What do you all think of the Ghandia/Ted mess?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

heheheh the fact that all of the twits kept breaking the same rule was flat out hilarious. At least Ted would call out "Am I in the box?" before attacking someone. I loved how pissed Probst was getting with the purple team (no offense but I can't spell the tribe names this year)

The immunity challenge was relativly easy f you have half a brain. Then again, the purple team struggles in the area of brain power. I was hoping that they would toss Todd but I guess losing Jed works.

I also loved that they kept showing where the fishing net was and how the tribe could not find it. What a bunch of morons.

I thought that the reward was very cool. The idea of getting professional survival help was excellent.

As for Ted and Ghandia. The first time they talked, Ghandia did not mention Ted biting her or rubbing his hands in her hair. All she mentioned was the grinding, which Ted owned up to and apologized profusly for. Then Ghandia tells the camera that she is embellishing her story by saying that Ted bite her. By the time the entire tribe meets, Ghandia seems to have convinced herself that Ted had bit her. No offense, but I am with Ted on this one. He screwed up, he apologized, he said it would not happen again. Ghandia lied about what happened when she told othes and then convinced herself that her lie really happened. I want to hear what she says when she is voted off. The tape shows that she made up part of her story and her admitting to making up a part of the story.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Ghandia and Shi Ann are the ones to watch out for. The person they want gone, goes.

Ghandia set Ted up I believe, now I'm not saying he didn't touch her inappropriately, but I believe she lured him into acting that way so she could have something to use against him. First she lost the game the first week and cried and got the guy who seemed to be the best at getting the tribe together to do things tossed out. Last week she got throw up girl tossed, and this week, she tried to pit the tribe against Ted, in case they lost this week's game. I think Chuay Ghan would be better off without her, she's the major Drama queen and the sneaky devious one.

And yes, it would be nice to see Robb tossed next from the Pretty Team "Sook Jai".

It's so funny, when they were picking teams, everyone was laughing at the older lady because she deliberately avoided picking the pretty people because she knew they weren't survivors. And the Pretty team was making fun of them saying basically, "How can they win, come on look at us". And yet, they don't have a clue how to survive in the wilderness or work together and the one real important thing for their long haul was to win the two Berets last night to shape them up, and they choked by being too aggressive. Sook Jai may be better at the games now, but if they don't get the survival in the Wilderness thing down, it's gonna wear them down and Chuay Ghan is gonna start winning the contests.

And Robb saying, "Oh we didn't need them anyway, I was hoping they'd bring some food instead", maybe we coulda used 'em to help with the shelter, but that's about it.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 04, 2002 10:45 AM: Message edited by: sindatur ]</font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 04, 2002 10:48 AM: Message edited by: sindatur ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I'm with both of you on Ted/Ghandia. She really blew things out of proportion. I think Clay and Brian are on to her. Not sure about Helen and Jan, though. I'm hoping they figure it out, but it has the look of a divide along sex lines. Probably Ghandia's plan all along. Yes, she must be feeling vulnerable as the next likely candidate for an ouster. She can't perform in the physical challenges, and the puzzle she couldn't solve in the first immunity challenge wasn't tough. We shall see.

Like I said, I can't stand Todd. He's all movement and no thought. God didn't hook up the left half of his brain, if you ask me.

Shi Ann is cool, I hope she does well. Thus far I don't have a problem with her, Erin, Penny, Jake or Ken. They might be okay.

BTW, the poll at the official CBS site shows that people overwhelmingly believe Ghandia blew the whole mess out of proportion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I call them the Chewies and the Sookies.

Ghandia seems to have several issues. And she blew them WAY out of proportion, most likely on purpose. She deserves the boot in a big way. At a time when the team should be bonding together and kicking the crap out of the sookies, they are infighting because Ghandia is a insecure (insert not nice word). Ghandia may be playing the game, but she is playing the wrong one. You don't work on division until the tribes merge. United works better in the competitions. If your tribe is down members it is all over when you merge.

The Chewies and definately the issue tribe. The Sookies are definately the lughead tribe. That competition was too damn funny. I was feeling pretty bad for the Chewies, but as the penalties started stacking up I began to think they had a chance. When Clay was walking non-chalantly with the last basket I LMAO. Walk slower Clay!

The immunity competition was interesting. When it was again obvious that the Chewies had won and Jed was still trying to finish theirs. And then the lost puppy look on his face as the realization set in.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast