Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was a great moment, wasn't it? "You'll never see my ta tas!" I howled laughing at that one. Yeah, gonna miss the Shii Devil.

I also cracked up at Ted painting his whole head gold!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sook Jai lost immunity a 4th week in a row. They were two tribe members up, now they're two down.

I think Clay is the only one left on either tribe that I really dislike. Penny and Bryan are both snakes, but I don't dislike them.

Was Ken serious, were Chuay Ghan really peeing inside their cave? Or perhaps that was their friend the monkey. Boy that monkey sure is a piece of work, messing with their food like that, and I didn't actually see the circumstances of the boat drifting away a few weeks ago (I was out of the room or turned my back to the TV or something I guess), but I got the distinct impression back then that the monkey was responsible for the boat leaving. Not a very nice tribe member.

Poor Jan she had such an awful time holding the chicken's legs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can someone fill me on the whole Jury thing and the how things work when the tribes merge, and when/why they merge?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

every other season of Survivor when there were 10 people left, the two tribes merged into one tribe. This was meant to make it easier on the film crew (one beach instead of two) but also to create new relationships, dynamics, alliances and the like. At the time of the merge, immunity becomes individual. So one person wins immunity and cannot be voted off the island instead of a tribe not having to go the tribal council.

What has happened in every season is that tribal alliances have stayed strong after the merge. The only season that this did not happen with was last years and only because the alliance of four were complete idiots. Normally, old tribe members try and vote off people who were not in thier original tribe. This is why I think that they changed things this year. It doesn't matter what happens at the merge, one tribe will gain the upper hand anyway and then boot the other tribe.

This seasons liv eon the same beach but don't merge was huge. Everyone thought that the tribes had merged. This lead to Shii Ann trying to make an alliance with CG in order to get rid of Penny and Erin and protect herself. Problem being, there was no merge. Immunity was still based on tribe and SJ lost. Shii Ann went bye-bye.

Now the jury. The jury are the final 7 survivors voted out of the tribe. These 7 will choose the winner. What happens is that each week, the tribe members voted out will return for tribal council. They will sit in and listen to what is said, it is how they learn what has happened in the game. In the last episode, the Jury has an oppertunity to ask the last two survivors questions or make a statement. This is normally a fun show because the Jury is normally pissed that they are not in ap lace to win, complain about backstabbing, and generally act nasty. Then they vote for who should win.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks PC, excellent explanation. You teach that well and your students still don't catch on, sheesh, no wonder you stress on the test failure's.

Anyway, it was great, we knew exactly what was happening thanks to your explanation.

I can't imagine Ken, being a cop had such a difficult following directions. I'd like to think it was the thai numbers that threw him, but in that part of the competition the translation was on the wall, the first part (actually having to remember the numbers) was tougher, I would think.

Too bad they took out Ken, (I liked him, he had a lot of loyalty, and played pretty maturely) but, I think he dug his own grave, constantly reminding everyone how big a threat he was with individual immunity. Thought for sure Jake had voted for Ken when he said "I didn't really wanna have to do this". But when they showed the votes at the end, he and Penny remained true to Ken. Are Jake and Penny gonna be able to make an alliance and keep themselves alive longer, or are they gonna get picked off as lack of immunity allows?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In his interviews, Ken has said that he did not nderstand the directions that Jeff gave. At some point he had to go to Jeff and ask him to explain the rules again, which is why Clay stomped him so badly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well this week we lost Penny. Smart move she was a threat to Brian and Clay's Alliance building. Also, anyone who sides with Jake, would have to worry about Penny being able to make Jake's vote stronger when it got down to the wire.

Helen and Ted really need to side with Jake now, if they want to break Clay and Brian.

Clay has done extremely well in the events the last 3 weeks. Someone said he'll be around for quite a while because he would be less of a threat down this close to the wire. That appears not to be so. I so want anyone to win other than Clay and Brian.

I couldn't believe how hurt and rejected TEd looked when Clay helped Brian over the wall. First, Clay and Brian were partners from the beginning of the event. Clay tried to help both of them over. Of course being a physical event, Clay would choose the lighter of the two, plus he had partnered wth Brian from the beginning of the event.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's not really anyone left to like, is there? I don't like Helen's class envy. I don't like Clay's chauvanism. Brian is getting way too cocky, and demonstrates some chauvanism as well. Ted, I dunno. Jan is a total flake. Jake has no chance. Sigh, is this going to be as disappointing as the Vecepia-Neleh final from last year?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like Ted and Jake. I'd like to see Ted win it.

I was sorry when they took out Shi Ann, she was cool. The criticisms she took because she ate chicken parts confused me. We always ate the giblets - they are eaten in giblet gravy and dressing anyway. Besides if you are starving you eat everything, and those parts are quite edible and nutritious.

Helen is OK too, I wouldn't mind if she stayed longer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast