Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, since we have the college football topic, we can discuss the NFL situation here! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

PAtiots lost their 4th in a row. Nuff said! :

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

How about Emmitt Smith breaking the Sweetness's record. Emmitt has always seemed a class guy to me. If anyone was going to break Payton's record, I am glad it was him.

And the Niners won, so the day wasn't a total SF loss yesterday. *sigh*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the Patriots are playing Buffalo on Sunday. They are playing the "Bledsoe Bowl I" as it is being called up here in Boston.

It's not only a crucial game in the division, but a local hype game. Ought to be intersting!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to say that Sunday was a sad day for me. I was raised a Bears fan, I can sing the Super Bowl Shuffle from memory, I saw Walter Paytons last football game (it was against the Los Angeles Raiders in the Collesium). Emmitt Smith is a classy guy but I wish the record had not been broken.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nommy, the Patriots were idiots for trading Bledso. Brady had a great season last year. I said it last year and I am saying it now, it was because no one knew who he was and preparing for the unknown is hard. Now that there is film on Brady, he is a marked man.

Bledson was a proven entity who was an excellent quarterback. To replace him with a relativly unknown was flat out stupid. To trade him to a team in the same conference was the epitimy of stupid.

Now he is pissed that he was benched after an injury. Pissed he does not really get to enjoy his Super Bowl ring. Pissed that he was treated like crap by a team he helped. That gives him a reason to play even better then before.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Crash... I was gonna wait to agree with you until after the game with Buffalo. Woo Hooooo... I am glad I wated. I don't know what happened to either the PATS or Buffalo, but DamN! What a game! Did you watch?
    I can see that Bellincik (sp?) may have had a bead on how Drew plays as wella s the team knowing him so well, but they seemed to take that buffalo team apart. Any comments on this? Was it a fluke? I guess we wont know if the Patriots RWEALLY have their groove back until the next few games. Lets see if they can play like the champs they looked like yesterday. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't see the game. I was ensconsed in a local coffee shop drinking coffee and trying to figure out how people can flunk an exam when you gave them the exam a week in advance to study off of.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Crash, you'll just make your head hurt doing things like that. LOL!

I didn't see the game here, Nommy. They actually show Bengals games on our affiliate when they are on the road. No, really! I'm not kidding! Anyway, I saw what the Pats did to the Bills, and while one game doesn't prove anything, it had to be satisfying to the Pats' management to clobber Bledsoe. It justifies their actions. That said, I do agree with Crash that it was the epitome of stupid to trade him within the division. I think management really wanted the Bungals to come through with an offer, but since Bungals' management rates somewhere 20 points below the epitome of stupid, they didn't make an offer after Drew (wisely) said he wouldn't accept a trade to Cincy.

Bungals actually won a game, and did so impressively. Hopefully, they can regain their momentum and pull out a defeat Sunday at Baltimore. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, Ill admit to the stupidity of trading within the division. Especially with Bledsoe. But also gotta admit...it makes for some fine half time talk and soap opera chat within the division also. No more Tuna Bowl! Its the Bledoe Bowl!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast