Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

As for the now rainy west coast, the Raiders managed to lose to the SF 49ers. Actually, they lost to Jeff Garcia (quarterback), who played a game few players ever get to enjoy. Having grown up in the SF Bay Area, tried out for the Raiders, but didn't make it, it was a sweet victory.

Raiders, on the other hand, were once thought to be a Super Bowl-bound team, have lost 4 straight. Next is in Denver, where they've not won in the last 9 meetings there. Following that, it's the "get-even" game with the Patriots, but I have a funny feeling that unless they come up with some magic, the Raiders are going to force me to purchase a case of Sammy's finest.

And, Hey! Bengals won one! Will wonders never cease?

[img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, the Raiders have looked like crap for the last month. I'm a fan and all, but if you want people to take you seriously you have to play like you want it.

I could whine about the shitty call during the playoffs last season, but what's the point? They need to beat Denver tomorrow night to get back on track.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <font face="georgia">Certainly would appear that the Raiders team showed up. Denver appeared to have won the game before it started, and never recovered. 15 interceptions returned for a TD in Ron Woodson's career. Couldn't tell if he ever got off of oxygen after that score. Talk about a turning point...

So, next week. Raiders showed they can play, and will want to win one at home. New England showed they can come from behind. Gonna be a good game if both teams show up for this one.

I'm ready for some football!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, their next game's a little personal.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Come back from behind? Yikes...I was ready to shut the game off at halftime. Kept switching channels...THEN...man..what a nail biter of a 4th quarter. Gott admit, they should not have gotten themselves in that position to begin with... Sammies are looking pretty good right about now.... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

OK....Bring on the Raiders!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font face="georgia">Half-time...17 - 6 Raiders. Brady isn't helping his cause too much this game. Patriots are good for comebacks, but today? <font color="green">Sierra Nevada</font> is looking pretty good...</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Grumble Grumble Grumble.... 2 lost touchdowns with open men downfield. Sheesh...

So, Wizz.... Got any Stores in your area that delivers and takes Matsercard over the phone or web?

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nommy...ya know? Howzit gonna be? I don't think anyone will deliver/ship beer (any alcohol). I used <font color="purple">Fed</font><font color="orange">Ex</font> to get margaritas to Chicago, but these days? Can't figure a way...how 'bout one of these instead?

Brady seemed to do much better once he got some gloves on his hands. Then the kickoff return kind of got things going again. Bad idea on that on-side kick, though. Kick it to the other side of the field and then not have anyone chase it? I thinks the Patriots beat themselves as much as anything...

However, it must be said:
    <center><font size="+2">It was a FUMBLE!</font></center>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought it was kind of classy that Charles Woodson was joking around with Brady before the game started. Like he said, "They got their rings, now it's time for us to get ours."

GO RAIDERS!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast