Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What has replaced you B5 obsession?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had never really watched B5 to begin with. Or watched much of any tv beyond pro wrestling. However, I did try watching "Commander in Chief" and was doing pretty good with it until I forgot to watch it one week due to homework or something, then I forgot about it the next week, so now I don't even bother.

I also got hooked on watching "Grounded for Life" in reruns. I had caught an episode here and there when it was actually on tv and thought it was a pretty good show (not to mention Megyn Price [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and then I saw that it was being shown in the afternoons, 2 episodes an hour, and that did it. Did I mention Megyn Price?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by ProfCrash:
    BMat, I just heard that they are taking a two week break from filming My Name is Earl because Jason Lee has the chicken pox.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, I heard that, too. I don't usually hear of adults with chickenpox, ordinarily it is shingles.

Another "show" I like to watch is Samurai Saturday on IFC. I particularly like the Blind Masseur movies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oddly, not much of a TV watcher anymore.

Watched a couple of later episodes of Farscape and might try out a DVD season to see if it's worth "collecting". As Prof mentioned, 24 can be very attractive, the season opener followed some of the football playoffs, so I stayed an watched. I think reality shows killed my interest as everyone jumped on that bandwagon to get something better out.

Then, too, there's work...once I got the connection at home to give me almost my work-desk-access, I'm finding myself checking on work just to I don't get clobbered with the next network outage a customer has. Which may change, as the company I was working for (yeah, was...they closed up Dec. 31st), Luminous Networks, is being partially acquired by Scientific Atlanta. Seems that SA has a number of customers with Luminous equipment that would be up a creek without continued support. But, wait...there's more! Cicso Networks, makers of the routers we all know an love, is buying out Scientific Atlanta, because the set-top market is booming (cable box...probably 80% of SA's business) and Cisco wants a part of that action. Video over IP, kind of like Voice over IP (Vonnage, Skype). So, by the end of February, I'll be working for my third employer this year...and still sitting at the same desk, answering the same phone. Which means, you understand, I may get back into watching TV again, as I'm hooking up new things to run on the internet.hypocrite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12