Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nommy and Merle have already started doing so at Spec Vision, so they would be OK with it. I follow Leaky Cauldron and Mugglenet pretty religiously, so any approved spoilers by JKR I know about before most, so, obviously OK with me. I think that only leaves Fan (If she's still coming around), you, Rantarn, and AsIs, who are known HP Readers that frequent this site.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please share any spoliers that you have. Seriously, I love the spoilers.

I have checked out JKR's web site and have found two of the hidden secrets. The one regarding Dean and the sorting hat. I know there are more but not sure where to find them. ANy help?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hidden secrets at the web site? Man, I gotta visit there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, here's a wild theory: Dudley.

Here are my thoughts:

1. The Creevey brothers. JKR doesn't put characters like this in for no reason at all. Colin served his purpose in CoS. So why bring in Dennis? All he's ever done is fall in the lake on his first night at Hogwarts. I think this is to demonstrate that Muggle parents can produce more than one magical offspring.

2. So building on that, what if Lilly Evans weren't the only witch in the Evans family? What if Petunia also was/is a witch, but for whatever reason never took her training at Hogwarts? Maybe she thought it was freakish, or maybe she even went and quit/got expelled. We don't know much about her, but she did have knowledge of the wizarding world, and even recognized Dumbledore's voice(the Howler), when Harry didn't. Lots of folks have pointed out that Petunia's kitchen is always described as unnaturally clean, and speculate that she is unknowingly using a scouring charm of some sort. Petunia would want to cover up any magical abilities, because Vernon would be very unhappy about it.

3. At one point, Dumbledore commented that he didn't want Harry growing up as a "pampered prince." Again, looking at the precision of JKR's writing, that was probably intentional. Certainly Harry hasn't been raised as a "pampered prince." But Dudley has. If Dudley truly is magical, then he could be a half blood. Hence, the "half blood prince." And if Hogwarts sent him a letter, Vernon and Petunia would have hidden it.

4. Dudley never said whether he saw the Dementors or not. Before they arrived, I think he said he couldn't see, but neither could Harry. Back at Privet Drive, he never said anything except that he felt he'd never be happy again.

5. Just thought of this, as well. In SS/PS, when Hagrid confronts the Dursleys, he only addressed Vernon as "Muggle."

OK, there you have it. Now, Dudley has never been reported as doing anything remotely unusual, but JKR did say in interviews that someone would come to magic later in life. Could be Dudley.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, Merle was able to post here. Cool

Merle, I like this theory. We know that witches/wizards manifest their powers at different ages. Neville did not manifest any magical ability until 10 (I think) It was not until his Uncle dropped him out of a window accidently that Neville showed any magical ability.

Harry's magic manifested itself as defensive for the most part. His hair growing back after bad hair cuts and flying up to the roof when Dudley was chasing him.

Perhaps magic does not manifest itself until the person has been in a sticky situation of some sort. Not necessarily life threatening, Harry's case, but something where the individual is dreading the rection of people or some outcome?

If this is the case, then perhaps the dementors arrival will unlock Dudley's abilities. Up until that point Dudley was feared by all the kids at school, so no threat there, and could dono wrong in the eyes of his parents, so no threat there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hehehe found two more hidden things. Do people want me to tell them how to access the hidden clues on JKR's web site? They really are not spoilers but some cool hand drawn pictures and photocopies of original pages and some ideas that were tossed aside.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As I wrote at SV, I also like this theory. Almost makes sense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by ProfCrash:
    hehehe found two more hidden things. Do people want me to tell them how to access the hidden clues on JKR's web site? They really are not spoilers but some cool hand drawn pictures and photocopies of original pages and some ideas that were tossed aside.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm interested. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, The big thing is to click on everything and see what you can pick up or move. at each of the screens

1) If you go to the port keys, you will find that there are random objects at most of them. There is a potion bottle, a feather, a spider, and something else. Click on everything that seems out of place. There is a spider, a feather, a leaf, and a potion bottle. Go to the Misc portkey (the coffee cup) and pick up the eraser. Use the eraser on the blank piece of paper on the bulletin board.

2)At the fan sites, move the round medals into the boxes with question marks. I am sure there is another one here, as there are three boxes and only twomedallions, but I have not been able to figure it out.

3) Dial the Minitry of Magics phone number on the cell phone, found in book 5 when Harry goes to the Ministry for his hearing. I can't remember it off the top of my head.

4) Click on the pen. Move the book with a question mark, pick up the hidden key, and unlock the box

I know there are more, these are the ones that I have found

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The third medallion doesn't seem to exist yet, no one's found it, so this may be preparation for future.

Watch for the "Do Not Disturb" sign to move from the door, that means you can access it, while it's there the room is locked.

The Ministry of Magic's number is 6-2-4-4-2 (MAGIC)

Can't be any more specific than that, as I can't access the graphic site, only the text site, so I can only go by what I've heard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123