Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'M THROUGH cHAPTER 14 NOW, AND was surprised. In all 4 previous books chapter 13, is where the "Big Red Herring Deception" has been laid. I looked for it, but wasn't able to see anything that looked like we were being led in any specific way, well other than the obvious with what Chapter 13 is about.

Did I miss it, and need to search harder, or did she change formatsd on us?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why don't you tell me what happened in Chapter fourteen and I can give you a non-answer [img]tongue.gif[/img]

No problem holding off on discussion. Well one problem, that is the day I move.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okee Dokee... I am now done with Book 5. Only took 6 days on and off.
    There were certainly a lot of revelations in this. We get to see who the main Death Eaters are. Malfoy is in Jail ... hehe

Il'll p;ost more on the book when I have time. Too much work to do at the moment.

So... Discuss away!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I still dont have the book, it was soled here in Holland, but Ive ordered it, and Ill get it next week

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Spoilers like crazy, be warned, if you haven't read it turn around now.
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E
    Hi PC, all I can say regarding your reply to the chapter 13 thing, is, I am assuming that this time the red herring is that Chapter 13 was the truth this time, rather than a mis direction.

Well, I quite enjoyed it. It was a roller coaster ride from just about page one.

I was unclear when reading the scene, if Dudley saw the Dementors or not, but, since nothing came of it, I guess I take it for granted that Dudley did not see them, and therefore is not magical.

Who developed magic late in life? Neville grew tremendously as a wizard, as most of us felt he would, but I don’t recall anyone doing magic late in life for the first time? Arabella Figg being a squib blew me away. I really felt she would be a tremendous part of the book, but she served as witness and that was it.

Why are so many people saying Sirius’ death was not noble, he should have died protecting Harry and all that? He was protecting Harry when he got shot with the red bolt and fell through the veil. Admittedly, this is somewhat frustrating, since the Veil is such a mystery, but, that doesn’t take away from the nobility of his death. I know this is bound to draw a flame or two, but, I liked Sirius’ character well enough, and completely understand how devastating his death is to Harry, but, I was never as taken with Sirius’ character as much as everyone else. A great many people consider Sirius to be their favorite character alongside Lupin. I personally would have missed Molly or Hagrid’s character much more than I will miss Sirius’ character

Umbridge, what a piece of work, the Centaurs shoulda killed her. Chapter 13, I didn’t see the normal red Herring, it showed how evil Umbridge really was, and hinted at Sirius being the death (Ch13/Ch14). So did JKR depart from her formula, and this time the red Herring was that the Red Herring chapter was actually the truth? Also a departure from known formula, there was no Halloween scene. Halloween has always been used to propel the plot to the next level.

I used to think Harry would die in the final showdown with Voldemort, and Neville would take over proving he was the Heir to Gryffindor. Now I believe Neville will still be the Heir, and because of this, he will die in the final battle, believing he is saving Harry, and then Harry will have to strike the final blow to defeat Voldemort.

Harry as the DADA teacher was a great twist, he’s done more for those 25 kids (outside of the Trio) than any of the five DADA teachers they’ve had. Although Lupin and Moody/Crouch were both good teachers, Harry triumphed with these kids.

I also remember rumors/spoilers said we would see the Car and Aragog in Book 5, as well as something huge being revealed about Lily and James, and about their jobs. I don’t remember any of that coming about. Were Lily and James Unspeakables, and we’re supposed to infer that from all the Dept. of Mysteries stuff?

And I am very glad that Harry was not made either Prefect or Team Captain. Firstly, because it’s great Ron got Prefect, and on the team. Mostly though, because in Harry’s Hogwarts life he is far too busy to make it realistic that he could handle the additional responsibilities of being Team Captain and/or Prefect.
    E
    N
    D

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I finished the book a couple days ago, still mulling things. J.K. Rowling may be writing kids' books, but her story has layers upon layers upon layers. Makes you think. Maybe that's why they're so popular.

Anyway -- yeah, good old Mrs. Figg, a Squib. That was a shock, a good one, though. Makes sense there'd be people keeping an eye on Harry while he's incarcerated with the Dursleys, and they'd have to be able to keep a low profile or the neighbors would get suspicious. And she felt sorry for Harry, too, saying that it had been very hard for her but if the Dursleys thought he enjoyed coming to see her, they wouldn't let him.

Luna Lovegood has more to her than meets the eye. I wonder where she goes, or what she's really doing, when she fades out on them. You know, when she seems to be not paying attention to what's going on.

It's a shame about Sirius, but there were times when I wanted to whack him upside the head. He's been through a great deal, though, so he was acting like anybody would act, I guess, after spending years with Dementors.

Poor Snape. No, really. It was just one isolated memory but it seemed all he was doing was minding his own business and suddenly there he is, hanging upside down in a crowd of jeering students. Harry's father was an arrogant SOB. Dumbledore said he outgrew it, but not before inflicting a large amount of damage on people. Maybe Dumbledore was right... well, of course he was, he's always right, isn't he?... that Harry didn't grow up "a pampered prince."

Too much to think about. And I want the next book, right now.... I hope it doesn't take her another... how long did this one take? Five years? Although it shows, doesn't it? It was very well done.

Cheers, y'all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sindutar, Dudley did not seem the dementors, but he did feel their presence. Check back in book 3, Muggles cannot see the demonetors, they just feel as if all happiness has been sucked out of them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know I will cry at the death in the movie and even more when the mirror issue comes up. I hope the movies stay fun and don't get depressing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Harry Potter Book 6 Title has been announced on JKR's official Website, no word on release date yet though. A couple of hints as well on the book

Do not proceed if you don't want to be spoiled.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Title is Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince (JKR has also said that the Half Blood Prince referred to in the title is not Harry or Voldemort). This was a working title for Chamber of Secrets, and the first chapter of Book 6, is a chapter she has been trying to use every book, but, it has given away too much, too early in the series. So, looks like we'll finally get to see, all the connections to Chamber of Secrets that she keeps going on and on about, that seem small, but, will become very important later on.

E
    N
    D

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Am I free to start speculating ont he title? I have ideas but don't want to post them in aplace that will upset people

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast