Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Did anyone else catch the revised edition on the Sci Fi channel?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 12, 2003 03:29 PM: Message edited by: JaceSan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nope. When I found out that Starbuck was a women and that the dog was not going to be on it, I decided it was not worth my time. (shrugs)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yeah I watched it. I kinda liked it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I liked it too. Especially the female Starbuck. She kicked ass. I was kind of young when I watched the original movie and series, but I loved it then. Developed a crush on Jane Seymour and was very sad when she died.

I can understand why some fans would be disappointed with the changes, but I'm not. I'll watch the series if they continue making shows with these characters.

The original dagget was very cool. How did they pull that off with the limited special FX back then? Was there a monkey in the outfit?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I liked the female Starbuck too. I watched a preview of the show and when she and Dirk Benedict were chatting in a Starbucks it was a lot of fun.

I liked that most of the cast could actually act, that is a refreshing change from a lot of shows.

Making both Starbuck and Boomer female was a bit much. Apollo doesn't have anyone to guy-buddy with. Still getting used to the characters having first names LOL. Did they ever call anyone anything but their call signs in the origional?

Both editions of the series exist separate for me. So I didn't let the changes bug me too much.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wasn't bothered by the concept of Starbuck being changed to a female, but, the result didn't work for me. To me it seemed they wrote Starbuck, even more butch than Dirk Benedict played him, but had a woman acting the role. I would've been much happier with the character had she been written more like Ivanova from B5, Dureena from Crusade, or Sheba from the original Battlestar Galactica. It just seemed like Starbuck was intended to be and was written as a man, and at the last minute they decided to change it, but didn't change the script.

They did show they weren't afraid to be ruthless, which was a nice writing touch. (Launching the 100+ crewman into space to put out the fire, not making an exception for the little girl the President grew attached to, and showing she was killed by the Cylons, even the President having to deal with being terminal, but having to lead and having no time to pity herself).

The acting was pretty good, and the SFX were pretty good.

I wonder about the "Boomer Model Cylon" seeming to be the Cylon Leader at the end though, that's quite a departure from the original. So maybe they've swapped Boomer and Baltar's role's??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nah. The Baltar character betrayed the humans. Unknowingly, but...

I think the Boomer character may not even know she's a cylon.

I like the idea of the human looking cylons. It'll give the series some tension.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 15, 2003 09:30 PM: Message edited by: JaceSan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JaceSan, the Boomer that seemed to be the leader of the group, is a different Boomer than the one on Galactica, I agree she is a Sleeper agent most likely (The one on Galactica, that is). So, odds are she will end up betraying the humans in time, if it goes to series.

The Baltar character, although he initially screwed mankind, seems to be working for the Humans, so, that's why I was saying there roles were reversed, unless, he has a change of heart in the series.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Baltar in the origional and the new version share one overwhelming trait, selfishness. Both characters were/are out for themselves at all costs. This character seems a bit more balenced than the origional. Has a touch of reachableness that the other didn't. I like that change.

I didn't mind Starbuck. I thought they were trying to keep the character very similar to the origional.

Boomer, I'm not sure I like that. Also, what's to say that Boomer isn't human? But the Cylon's based a model on her? Or she's a sleeper and I don't think I like that much.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I liked the hallucinations Baltar was having with #6. It's hard to tell if it's just his conscience he's wrestling with, or if she's somehow invaded his psyche.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 17, 2003 08:14 PM: Message edited by: JaceSan ]</font>